Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking all around town, and the recommended 92 or higher Octane may not be available to me. The manual says to only use 91 temporarily and to keep the engine at low revs with it.

I was reading the manual because some YouTube video said that the manual states you can’t drive the car over 105deg outside, and I couldn’t find that anywhere. I have a 2017 S.

·
Premium Member
657 Posts
Don’t know the answer but will introduce the concept of Boostane or some other additive as a resolution that I’ve heard for other cars. No idea how Italians take to boosters. Perhaps someone can comment on this as well.

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had to fill up with 91 several times during my drive home from Salt Lake City to Houston. My 2017 S did just fine.
You drove an S from Salt Lake City to Houston? You Sir, are a man of honor! I’d be curious on logistics, maybe I’ll make another thread around long range trips, parking, etc.. and does your Apple CarPlay work? Mine doesn’t in my 2017. :(

·
Registered
2017 Aventador S
157 Posts
You drove an S from Salt Lake City to Houston? You Sir, are a man of honor! I’d be curious on logistics, maybe I’ll make another thread around long range trips, parking, etc.. and does your Apple CarPlay work? Mine doesn’t in my 2017. :(
Haha, I just didn't want to deal with shipping it, but it ended up being the adventure of a lifetime. I wrote up a piece after I got home: My 1,500 Mile drive home in the AV S

I do not recommend the Aventador for long range trips, although it might be more comfortable for those 5'9" and under. My back and legs would be very sore after driving all day. YMMV, but I'd start with 3 - 5 hours and see how you feel. 12 hours a day was too much for me.

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Haha, I just didn't want to deal with shipping it, but it ended up being the adventure of a lifetime. I wrote up a piece after I got home: My 1,500 Mile drive home in the AV S

I do not recommend the Aventador for long range trips, although it might be more comfortable for those 5'9" and under. My back and legs would be very sore after driving all day. YMMV, but I'd start with 3 - 5 hours and see how you feel. 12 hours a day was too much for me.
Apple CarPlay work on yours?

·
Registered
261 Posts
Looking all around town, and the recommended 92 or higher Octane may not be available to me. The manual says to only use 91 temporarily and to keep the engine at low revs with it.

I was reading the manual because some YouTube video said that the manual states you can’t drive the car over 105deg outside, and I couldn’t find that anywhere. I have a 2017 S.
Only have local access to 91 and no issues. BTW I finally got Apple CarPlay to work. Responded to your other post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2019 Lamborghini Huracan Performante Spyder
52 Posts
We had an epic drive. Cars towed Dallas to Colorado Springs. Drove Pikes Peak, overnight Vail. Drive Aspen then overnight Moab, Utah. Drove Arches National Park, then Vegas. 3 days in Vegas then trucked cars back home! EPIC!
Sky Car Motor vehicle Vehicle Hood

·
Registered
6 Posts

What altitude are you? High altitude with 91 is fine. Colorado only has 91.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts