Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some pictures to share of this year's Houston Lambo Fest, which was this past weekend.

Turnout was poor comparing previous years where it was hosted in City Center. Sadly there were no "historic" models to pay homage to the history and evolution of the company.

The show attendance were Gallardos, Huracans, Urus', Aventadors with a few Murcis. Many of the anchor vendors that I've seen over the years were not present this year, possibly due to CV19, budget or travel restrictions.

The location is quite awful as it is downtown Houston, where there are lots of one-way roads, construction very uneven surfaces plus a few rain showers combined with the fact that an Astros game let out at the same time.

Anyway, enjoy! The SVJs were the stars of the show.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,436 Posts
Beautiful collection! Man, the 4th Lamborghini pictured is unsightly it just needs to be lowered a bit more. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Are the Houston fests typically held during the same time each year? I've got a STO in production and would be great to join next year.

·
Registered
966 Posts
I used to attend that event when and show my Diablo Roadster back when the entry fee was $250-$300. Now they want $2,300 to show a car. Did any pre-Audi cars show up? No offense, but those are the cars I want to see.

Reactions: slownrusty

·
Registered
2013 Gallardo - Final Edition
123 Posts
Thanks for sharing the pictures. I didn't know about this event, I would've gone!

·
Registered
2013 Gallardo - Final Edition
123 Posts
$2,300 to park my car??!!

Nnniiiooopppeee. I wouldn’t do that! LOL
Oh wow! I didn't even see that... lol. Yeah, no thanks, I was like "if I knew I would've gone", but to pay any kind of money for them to make a profit by showing other people's car? Hell no! What a joke, especially $2,300!!!

·
Premium Member
1,057 Posts
Oh wow! I didn't even see that... lol. Yeah, no thanks, I was like "if I knew I would've gone", but to pay any kind of money for them to make a profit by showing other people's car? Hell no! What a joke, especially $2,300!!!
Before going that far do we know if a cause was involved? I’m sure there has to be some charitable intent at that price right.

·
Premium Member
1,057 Posts
Answered my own question. It looks like it does benefit the Make-A-Wish foundation and the costs cover an entire experience including lodging and meals. Looks pretty outstanding, I wish I was closer!
Font Terrestrial plant Darkness Event Science

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Honestly, It was a disappointing show in a terrible location, no historic models, no pre-Audi stuff. The attendance was the lowest I've seen and I've been going since 2014. Next year I wouldn't be surprised if its over-run with only new stuff with vinyl wraps.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Answered my own question. It looks like it does benefit the Make-A-Wish foundation and the costs cover an entire experience including lodging and meals. Looks pretty outstanding, I wish I was closer! View attachment 301429
Again, when it was $300 and in a better venue it was worthwhile as a charity event. I live in Houston so why pay for a hotel room, I don't like fu-fu cocktail parties, I don't want to use up several hours on a drive, don't care about a T-Shirt.

I just want to support the brand, support a worthwhile cause, and show people my rare pre-Audi Gandini designed work of art.

The local Ferrari Festival runs laps around this event now and it's a shame.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Next year I wouldn't be surprised if its over-run with only new stuff with vinyl wraps.
Because of the advertisement factor that would make this whole thing a write-off. The passionate long term owners with no business or service to market have been priced out here. It was fun back 5-6 years ago....seeing Miuras and LM002s close up.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts