Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm Peter,
and new to this forum. It's been a dream of mine - like everyone here - to drive and own a Lamborghini since I was a kid. While financially that seems a jump right now, I've thought of a way that might be viable. I'm looking for someone with an old, used vehicle to donate for a Lamborghini rental venture I'd like to start. It would be a small local service in Denver, offering the common man the experience of driving a supercar for an accessible price ($99/day). This would cover the TCO month to month for me and allow me to drive the car when not being used as a rental.
Can anyone point me the in direction of a collector who might have a used Lamborghini to donate to this new service? Who is looking to enable more people to live, at least for a day, their dream? I would be grateful for any assistance anyone could lend me in this venture.
Thank you all and all the best to you lucky ones currently enjoying the transport of Modena's gorgeous supercar.
Best regards,
Peter of Peter's Lamborghini Venture

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Long shots have a possibility of happening

my advise is to start with other brands that might offer an excellent experience.
grow the business that way.
But it’s not the cars that will eat you alive
Cost of operations will kill you. Your rates won’t work because your costs will be too high.

4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mmm. Thank you, I appreciate the continued responses and input. This is helpful. What costs am I missing for operational costs, besides car insurance, and the little door-to-door time in the neighborhood spreading the word about this, with some flyers/cards as well? I'm looking to do this from home, on a very small scale (ideally, just the one car). Thanks again for your help.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Giving some insight from someone who actually took on this endeavor in the past:

I have a friend who was into a Gallardo for much less than you'd expect. I worked with him to rent out that car, and that was at $500/day, limited to 100 miles. Insurance alone for that type of venture was over $1000/mo. Even while the car was rented out both weekend days every weekend, the car's upkeep was enough that it was barely a break even deal. Turning the car so it was clean for the next person was a chore that wasn't worth hiring someone for. It's a cooling fan here, brakes there, tires again, incidental damage, fuel pump, AC compressor, then the oil consumption and potential engine damage from running low, or worse, a renter seeing the light, and overfilling it... It goes on forever, and the operating costs are far over what you think they'll be for the kind of abuse done to a rental.

It's absurd to think that anyone spent the kind of money a Lamborghini commands, and then think that they'd just "donate" it to you so you and others can have an experience. I've always shared my cars and passion with everyone around me. I figure you've got to be trolling here big time. Probably wasn't worth my paragraph of insight.

4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Giving some insight from someone who actually took on this endeavor in the past:

I have a friend who was into a Gallardo for much less than you'd expect. I worked with him to rent out that car, and that was at $500/day, limited to 100 miles. Insurance alone for that type of venture was over $1000/mo. Even while the car was rented out both weekend days every weekend, the car's upkeep was enough that it was barely a break even deal. Turning the car so it was clean for the next person was a chore that wasn't worth hiring someone for. It's a cooling fan here, brakes there, tires again, incidental damage, fuel pump, AC compressor, then the oil consumption and potential engine damage from running low, or worse, a renter seeing the light, and overfilling it... It goes on forever, and the operating costs are far over what you think they'll be for the kind of abuse done to a rental.

It's absurd to think that anyone spent the kind of money a Lamborghini commands, and then think that they'd just "donate" it to you so you and others can have an experience. I've always shared my cars and passion with everyone around me. I figure you've got to be trolling here big time. Probably wasn't worth my paragraph of insight.
No, actually this is quite helpful. Thank you. I wasn't aware of the price of upkeep and continual needs for refurbishing/replacing parts. I've never had such continual issues on any car I've ever owned, so it is curious. Maybe it's due to the car being used for more mileage than a commuter car? Thanks for your time in writing a response. Appreciate it.

·
Registered
96 Posts

I wanted to do the same thing too. The upkeep, maintenance, etc isn't that big of a deal for me. It's been pretty easy. The crazy thing is just the insurance. I wasn't even trying to rent it to random people, just let some buddies rent it for fun and help offset some of my costs. But I couldn't find anyone that gives anything less than insane insurance rates.

·
Registered
2011 LP560-4 Spyder / Blu Fontus
467 Posts
Maybe switch to asking for Crypto-currency donations..... I truly still have no idea what that is because I'm a lazy pessimist. Now since I've owned my Lambo I've had more random strangers tell me that it's such a great investment that maybe if a couple more people say something I'll waste some time on it. I can't help think about that thread about the Crypto guy who made 40k (or something like that) and went to celebrate by renting a Penthouse suite and a Lamborghini in Vegas, made a video about it, then ended up in jail the next day for running some poor guy over with his rental (what happens if your car gets impounded) ??

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,529 Posts
^^That Crypto guy doesn't sound like he had both oars in the water. Hope to heck he wasn't under the influence of anything otherwise that would be the coup de grâce.

·
Registered
2011 LP560-4 Spyder / Blu Fontus
467 Posts
LOL, this IS the Dreamers forum ❗

Reactions: DXM31

·
Premium Member
1,023 Posts
When you dream, sometimes you get jolted awake. And that's ok too.

Renting out Lambos... sounds like an expensive educational endeavor to me, but perhaps a valuable one. Don't underestimate the value of an education, but count me out of this one.

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
I’d like to dream about having Dua Lipa in a bikini in my Aventador.

Can anyone make that happen?

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,529 Posts
The problem, as I see it, is you guys are not all that generous or broadminded. I have no problem donating....................................someone else's Lambo.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts