Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Morning all,

I have recently picked up a 2008 Gallardo Spyder Egear. Really enjoying the car so far and I have been using this forum for information gathering which has made learning about the car a lot easier!

I have however hit a problem and hope you can help. Started about 150 miles into a 200 mile trip over the weekend and I received the well documented Check Engine 1-5 and 6-10 flash up. It was lashing with torrential rain and I have the exhaust valves unplugged therefore I put it down to this. It flicked off after a short local trip at my destination however came back on again on my 200 mile drive home and hasnt left since.

Full tank of 99RON fuel and I have checked the fuel cap is on tight. I did replug the exhaust valves however I wonder if they could be jammed or broken as it didn’t change the sound back to how it was before I unplugged them. So my question is - anything else I should check and any idea why the exhaust valves wouldn’t be working now they are plugged back in? If they had disconnected at exhaust side I would have assumed one side would still work?

I should add - I want the valves to stay open so don’t mind they appear to be seized (albeit were working before I unplugged them a week ago). But don’t want the check engine light..

Thanks all
Lewis

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
O2 sensor did come to mind but wouldn’t change the vacuum on the exhaust. And the codes are common with vacuum problems so I think my problem more likely lies there given it’s clearly disconnected / seized?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Ditto on the OBD code reader. I had innocuous VVT codes pop up a few times and my tech confirmed they were harmless. I also had baffle bypass.

·
Registered
77 Posts
If you really want to enjoy the car about 100x more, just put an LOC exhaust on it and be done with trying to make the anemic stock exhaust sound better.

@Jason B
(dont forget to add sprint booster too! dont shoot the messenger ;) )
SRS, car is so much more fun to drive now!

·
Registered
273 Posts
To be fair, my pre-LP exhaust with baffle bypass was far from anemic. I would routinely set off car alarms in parking lots 25 yards away from the street while driving at moderate speeds.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Well, if you were happy with it great.

Personally I chose an aftermarket exhaust. Given the later pre-lp's propensity to throw CEL's I was not going to mess with a valve bypass. I believe 2008's were the most fussy in regards to CEL's.

People can do what they choose, all I can say is the LOC exhaust really has made the car come alive. I still have stock cats and sound is not obxixous by any stretch. Quite the opposite actually.

No regrets from upgrading the exhaust here.

FWIW, I am not sure how you are driving in a parking lot enough to set off car alarms...... just saying.

·
Registered
273 Posts
As I said I was on a main street 25 yards away from the cars in parking lots... and car alarms would go off as I drove by those parking lots near the Main Street (even worse if I drove inside a covered parking ramp).

Yours sounds amazing as well and I’d love to have that too, but the stock exhaust with no baffles is far from anemic :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts