Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there,

Long time lurker and first time poster.

I know that there are quite a few Lambo owners here and I wanted to get your honest take on this even if it's probably going to be biased (It's a Lambo forum after all)

I'm 23.
In 2021, I have made quite a bit of money from Crypto.
Without getting into the specifics, my financial situation currently is as follows:

• I have a home fully paid off
  • I have another property that generates a positive monthly cashflow
  • I have other diverse investments that generate cashflow.

I would be looking at purchasing a 2021 Huracan Evo RWD with cash.

I would really appreciate hearing from some business savvy people about what they think.

My financial position allows me to get this car, however, I keep thinking about the opportunity cost. I could spend this money on another property and increase my cash flow. My young age is also a factor here because on one hand I want to reward myself and enjoy a Lambo in my early 20s.
On the other hand, I know that if I can reinvest as much as possible, in 2-3 years I will most likely be in a much better place. However, I guess that is a slippery slope. There's always money to be invested, right?

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this and I appreciate you all.
Thanks,

·
Registered
2010 Gallardo LP560-4 Spyder Caelum Blu
123 Posts
Hey welcome here!
Lot’s of threads about that here, one is quite actual at the moment.
Maybe follow and read it, it might give some good info. My opinion… as I wrote somewhere else… better regrets from doing things or buying things, than regrets, I should have done it but I didn’t… so to say.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey welcome here!
Lot’s of threads about that here, one is quite actual at the moment.
Maybe follow and read it, it might give some good info. My opinion… as I wrote somewhere else… better regrets from doing things or buying things, than regrets, I should have done it but I didn’t… so to say.
Really appreciate it!

Just saw some similar threads. Will give them a read now too!

Thank you.

·
Registered
275 Posts
If it were me, I would wait or perhaps go with an older, well-maintained model. With your age, insurance is going to be very high and as you stated, put the money to work and build your cash generation portfolio. The fact you are asking likely gives you the answer.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,705 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Best of luck with your decision!

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
18,758 Posts
If I had what you have at 21 I wouldn’t hesitate to reward myself. Nowadays buying a new Lamborghini is not a bad investment, at least not like it used to be.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,705 Posts
"Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didn't."
— Erica Jong

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Looking back I've often said if there's one financial decision I would have made differently it had to do with cars. I wish that I kept them longer. So, my only advice related to this is get what you want, if that's a Lambo all the better, but stick with it for at least 4-5 years. In normal markets, as it relates to cars and finances, the long game is the winning play.

·
Registered
2006 Gallardo SE
171 Posts
what a wuss, just do it - easiest question to answer, go for it and stop wasting time thinking about it :)

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,705 Posts
what a wuss, just do it - easiest question to answer, go for it and stop wasting time thinking about it :)
Don't hold back tell us what you really think............... :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
969 Posts
Hey there,

Long time lurker and first time poster.

I know that there are quite a few Lambo owners here and I wanted to get your honest take on this even if it's probably going to be biased (It's a Lambo forum after all)

I'm 23.
In 2021, I have made quite a bit of money from Crypto.
Without getting into the specifics, my financial situation currently is as follows:

• I have a home fully paid off
  • I have another property that generates a positive monthly cashflow
  • I have other diverse investments that generate cashflow.

I would be looking at purchasing a 2021 Huracan Evo RWD with cash.

I would really appreciate hearing from some business savvy people about what they think.

My financial position allows me to get this car, however, I keep thinking about the opportunity cost. I could spend this money on another property and increase my cash flow. My young age is also a factor here because on one hand I want to reward myself and enjoy a Lambo in my early 20s.
On the other hand, I know that if I can reinvest as much as possible, in 2-3 years I will most likely be in a much better place. However, I guess that is a slippery slope. There's always money to be invested, right?

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this and I appreciate you all.
Thanks,
Sounds like you are ready to go......have fun!

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,705 Posts
he wanted an honest opinion - hell, buy now, enjoy, sell later and it will actually cost you peanuts
That was definitely straight forward, unambiguous and on point. Let me ask you is "wuss" an industry term?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Personally I'd wait. Sounds like your positioned for some big moves in the future. I had a life goal of getting one by 30, I did it, I'm happy, but now I'm annoyed because i've severely hindered my ability to get into investment real-estate. Which is hindering meeting my NEW life goal of not having a 9-5 by 40 haha.

congrats on the crypto wins! I just keep losing haha

·
Registered
2013 Gallardo - Final Edition
126 Posts
Without getting into investment advice and any of that BS, let me just tell you this.. you are alive today and could be dead in the next hour (obviously, hopefully that is NOT the case). Enjoy your life and get that car if that's what you really want. You can keep making money eventually, especially when you are so young! MY only advice is, if you do get it... drive responsibly.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
18,758 Posts
I think you got your answer, no go create that dream and use as motivation to go further!

Reactions: HonkyLips

·
Registered
SL #7007
466 Posts
I’m with @RoyalPink, never know whats in store tomorrow or even if you have a tomorrow. If you can afford it and it doesn’t cause you to live paycheck to paycheck, are still able to save money and live as you have before, then buy away! Only have one life, be happy!

1 - 20 of 79 Posts