Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went to place an order today for my 05' Murcie, a special color combo, knowing they are about 5 months out, order now see it second wave, like April. Wanted new one basicly for the NEW wheels and Brakes, plus some minor other items.

To MY shock my dear freind and highly reputable dealer tells me:

"Wait till after May 05'," I am very sure the Murcie will be offered with the NEW 6.5 650HP plus motor in an E-gear as WELL as a 6 speed, (which I rather have). It will also have updated VT drive and some minor changes to the exhaust and interior. A few new exterior/interior colors. Should retail MSRP for only about 8K over current models.

A order in May would get a car in late August, one of the last 05', or wait and order after 8/05 and have a stamped 06' car.

He seems to think the OLDER version cars will not be going for as much and will drop in price when these come out!

I AM going to wait, any thoughs or rumblings anyone else has/heard? :confused: :wave:

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
roytoy2003 said:
To shock my dear freind and highly reputable dealer tells me:

"Wait till after May 05'," I am very sure the Murcie will be offered with the NEW 6.5 650HP plus motor in an E-gear as WELL as a 6 speed, (which I rather have). It will also have updated VT drive and some minor changes to the exhaust and interior. A few new exterior/interior colors. Should retail MSRP for only about 8K over current models.

A order in May would get a car in late August, one of the last 05', or wait and order after 8/05 and have a stamped 06' car.

He seems to think the OLDER version cars will not be going for as much and will drop in price when these come out!

AM going to wait, any thoughs or rumblings anyone else has/heard? :confused: :wave:
Roy,

fom the horses mouth is good enouh for me!! :)

·
Administrator
5,166 Posts
Yes, and the next model after the 650 HP one will be even better. Why not wait for that one? If you want one, pull the trigger NOW I'd say, there's always going to be improvements to keep you perpetually waiting.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Totally agree with Raymond..

there will always be improvements, but for a car of this caliber, im quite sure everyone will be just as happy with the current Murcielago or gallardo.

·
Registered
9 Posts
agree with raymond, except as the LAST of the 6.2's, yours might be even worse depreciation wise, which would suck. Furthermore, what could be done after the 6.5? wonder how big a hi rpm lambo engine can go...I think same as porsches, about 7.2 (3.6 x 2).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts