Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had posted on a passive income forum discussion. I believe your money should work for you and when it is in the bank, you get no return. Looking at the equity markets in late 2015 and early 2016, volatility is rampant and quite scary for your investment objectives.
My professionally managed currency account was what I found in late 2014. Passive and great returns and volatility doesn't effect the investment
I was wondering if everyone has knowledge of this investment, and that they know the returns are pretty big. Yes some risk, but as a portion of your portfolio a great idea.
I know have a 12 month history on the investment.I would be glad to share it and the information if anyone is interested.
The forum posters have given me great advice, I would like to return the favor!

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
I saw your comment in the passive income thread but didn't get to respond to it yet. You are absolutely right that you should have your money work for you. You shouldn't let it sit there. At the least, have someone else manage it. In a matter of speaking, such a type of investment is kind of passive since someone else is doing all the actual trading (work) and you just sit back and wait for the results. I'm glad to hear that you've done well in such a managed currency account, but I suggest caution. Check your returns/gains against the average market changes to see what the trader's ability really returned to you. Also, it is "easy" to have great returns during a time period where there is general growth. Another issue with managed accounts is that managers make their percentage...regardless of results. It is not surprising, then, that a lot of people take a more direct interest in their investments. If a person is not capable of doing that, then allowing others to manage their money is a smarter move...but again, a word of caution since there might not be any real incentive for others to make you money.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sam,
Thanks for the reply. Indeed caution in any investing is prudent. This trader has a verifiable history of performance and I researched the industry and the broker for a substantial period of time before investing.
My 2015 returns with this trader were exceptional.Yes the trader takes his success fees, but my return is net of these performance fees. Currencies in general make their money with leverage and volatility.
So what was really returned to me in 2015....just over 55%(again net of success fees).Pretty incredible.
My future goal is to keep adding to the account and use the profits for a quarterly income while keeping the base investment working for me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts