Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I finally made the decision to switch over to the dark side and purchased my first Lambo: a 2015 Aventador roadster. I'm very (very) excited for the car to arrive, but I can use the waiting time to start sourcing some parts already :)

The first piece I'm looking for is a super high-pitch, screaming F1-style exhaust. I'm not looking for flames and would love something valved if possible that still lets me pass emissions here in Oregon.

What's the most screaming system you've heard?

Thank you all very much!

Paul

·
Super Moderator
3,176 Posts
Had you bought mine you wouldn't of needed to buy an exhaust !!!

·
Premium Member
1,887 Posts
The only way to get the pure F1 scream is to remove the cats, and it sounds like you can't do that because of the state you live in. So the factory race exhaust like on JR's car would have been the best way to go.

Man I love Mississippi. No emissions or sound laws whatsoever. :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
If you remove the cats, but leave the factory exhaust. Will you still get the high pitched F1 sound? Or do you need to still swap out to an aftermarket exhaust?

·
Registered
64 Posts
High pitch = need aftermarket titanium setup that emulates F1. Capristo catless isnt really F1. Stardropper (Boomcraft) and Powercraft are the only F1.

·
Registered
35 Posts
High pitch = need aftermarket titanium setup that emulates F1. Capristo catless isnt really F1. Stardropper (Boomcraft) and Powercraft are the only F1.
Thanks for the info!

Your name is familiar, were you on the BMW forums at some point? or maybe the r8 forum?

Whats the approx cost of these systems? (New and used?)

·
Premium Member
1,887 Posts
Capristo catless is not far behind. That sucker sounds gooooooooood. But since it's not titanium, I can see why it technically can't be labeled.

Also I'd take Powercraft over Stardropper. Something weird about the way it sounds.

Go to the 3:58 minute mark on this video, press play and try not to have an orgasm. Lol

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Capristo catless is not far behind. That sucker sounds gooooooooood. But since it's not titanium, I can see why it technically can't be labeled.

Also I'd take Powercraft over Stardropper. Something weird about the way it sounds.

Go to the 3:58 minute mark on this video, press play and try not to have an orgasm. Lol
That dude needs a new microphone.
Agree it sounds insane. Is this straight pipe though?

·
Premium Member
1,887 Posts
That dude needs a new microphone.
Agree it sounds insane. Is this straight pipe though?
Capristo catless. Agreed, his personal mic inside the car could have been left out. lol

·
Registered
160 Posts
Hello!

I finally made the decision to switch over to the dark side and purchased my first Lambo: a 2015 Aventador roadster. I'm very (very) excited for the car to arrive, but I can use the waiting time to start sourcing some parts already :)

The first piece I'm looking for is a super high-pitch, screaming F1-style exhaust. I'm not looking for flames and would love something valved if possible that still lets me pass emissions here in Oregon.

What's the most screaming system you've heard?

Thank you all very much!

Paul
Paul I have a kreisseig Check out the videos on jags_avi on IG

·
Registered
83 Posts
A friend of mine did a straight pipe from Avior Performance. Best sounding aventador I’ve heard. Look him up on IG, I’m sure he can give you an amazing deal.

·
Registered
911 Posts
I made straight pipes using stainless steel 304, 3 inches, and installed on my Aventador. The sound is super loud :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have a 2012 Aventador. Removed the standard cats and replaced with Capristo decat pipes. KEPT the stock muffler. Love it.

In sport mode sounds the best of course. It's bypassing the muffler at this point I believe.

Does this Capriso decat set up sound 'high- pitched/F1' for my Aventador?
Well, sort of but so is a standard AV I thought. I wouldn't go as far to say it's like a Ferrari 360 with a Kriesseig - that's a very raspy high-pitched sound.

It's not a bad sound at all, pretty crackly on the over-run which sounds great slowing down in second gear and to some degree in third too. The sound is louder than before, but is also richer (and of course smellier). Mates alongside me, when I'm on it, have to close their car windows, it's that loud !

I think the earlier Aventadors may have been a bit more raw (like the early F458s).

When I decatted it, the first thing I noticed was that it seemed a little less responsive when you put your foot down mid-range (my Gallardo when decatted was like that in the low-speed range) but that's the only draw back. It's not too noticeable either.

Positives: far more crackles, occasional back fires, flames, quite blue apparently. Switch it back to 'Strada/Normal' mode and it's quiet when travelling on long drives. It just gets ever so slightly loud/droaning in Sport but not bad if under an hour.

I also have the sound file, a $2,500 factory upgrade (not a physical exhaust or sports/race exhaust) which was only available for a short while that enhances the sound.

I drove a brand new 2018 Aventador S - that had much better handling (four wheel steer) and had a much more crackly feature to the exhaust sound (manufactured sound I expect) but it wasn't as raw or loud as mine. I preferred mine.

Hope that helps someone considering their options. I have no regrets removing my cats. No check engine lights either. I was told that was a possibility.

My question is, if someone like me, who decatted their car, then replaced the factory muffler with an aftermarket one, what would that sound be like?

Could you also bypass that muffler?? Would it sound just like mine does now? (when in Sport mode it bypasses the stock muffler - so in essence straight pipe as I understand it)

How much is a Kreisseig muffler ?? Do I need to ask....!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts