Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm interested in hearing from anyone with high miles on their Gallardo. Seems like mine is a very reliable car so far (with 6400 miles) so I want to know if anyone has 15K, 20K or more miles and what their experience has been.

Thanks,

Richard

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
all very reassuring to hear. I have driven about 1,000 miles during the first month of ownership, no now have 6600 miles. I don't know if I am just getting more adept at handing the car smoothly, but it just gets more fun every day. Tracked the car at willow springs (big track) all day with no problems, although arguably driving a little timidly at first so as not to break anything. Have a couple things to fix at 7500 mile service, but just minor stuff: wind noise from drivers window when all the way up, slight plastic sounding rattle from instrument cluster when on rougher roads. rare engine light warning (goes away if I turn-off and re-start the car) slightly rough start in 1st gear when the Air conditioner is running - but happy to say, no signs of clutch problems, though I don't drive a lot of stop & go, and tend to get off the clutch quickly without slipping. The roads in the santa monica mountains are proving to be a fun playground, and I find myself taking the long way to work pretty often.

·
Registered
649 Posts
I have seen some with over 30K on them here in NY, in fact in LI to be exact.

From my understanding it is one of the better everyday driver cars out there form a supercar type variety.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i have over 15k with my G.
no any problem, except the AC.
we must bear in mind that we are driving a german car
however, more you drive a lambo more you get a better car.

·
Registered
277 Posts
REINALDOH said:
Hi I Have 15 K On Mine .no Problems. Except The First Service To Change Oil,plugs And Maintanace. Was 3000.00 Dollars
Wow, is that the normal first interval charge? Or was there anything out of the ordinary they had to do for you?

·
Registered
505 Posts
I have 30,000K on my Gallardo. I bought it with 9,000K in the spring and have driven it ever since. I will be driving down too Phoenix at the end of the month! No problems.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have on my Gallardo SE (delivered in September 2005) now 16.000km on the clock. Never had any problem with the car. The car is definitely not on daily use, but as much as I can I enjoy the ride :D .

Greetings,
Stefan

·
Registered
277 Posts
pdisme said:
Wow, is that the normal first interval charge? Or was there anything out of the ordinary they had to do for you?
Anyone? :)

·
Registered
310 Posts
Yeah, what are the service intervals?
What does the owners manual say the service intervals are, how often and what do they recommend?

·
Registered
372 Posts
I had my 06 in for it's 7500 mile earlier this year, here's the breakdown:

7.5K mile service (oil and filter, check tire pressure) - $149.50 labor, $154.22 parts, total $303.72.

Since I had tracked the car a couple of times this summer, at my request they also:
Flushed and bled the brake system - $345.00 labor, $20.94 parts (brake fluid), total $365.94.
Changed the transmission oil - $115.00 labor, $187.40 parts (oil), total $302.40.

Add to this $50 in misc shop charges and $66.44 sales tax - for a grand total of $1088.50. Transportation of the car to and from the dealer in their trailer was no charge.

If I has just done the minimal service (oil change), I probably could have gotten away with something under $400.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I had my 06 in for it's 7500 mile earlier this year, here's the breakdown:

7.5K mile service (oil and filter, check tire pressure) - $149.50 labor, $154.22 parts, total $303.72.

Since I had tracked the car a couple of times this summer, at my request they also:
Flushed and bled the brake system - $345.00 labor, $20.94 parts (brake fluid), total $365.94.
Changed the transmission oil - $115.00 labor, $187.40 parts (oil), total $302.40.

Add to this $50 in misc shop charges and $66.44 sales tax - for a grand total of $1088.50. Transportation of the car to and from the dealer in their trailer was no charge.

If I has just done the minimal service (oil change), I probably could have gotten away with something under $400.
That's pretty sweet on the trailer; what was the distance they had to transport it? Just wondering if Lambo Orlando would do that for me when the time comes; they're about 95 miles from me.

·
Registered
10 Posts
11,000 miles new egear at 10,300

I Had To Replace The Egear At 10,300 Miles But No Biggie It Was Probably Time According To People 10,000 Miles Is About There Lifespan But Its All Good Time For 10,000 More.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts