Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all I’m looking at getting a higher kilometre manual Gallardo it has 58,000 kilometres. I will be driving it quite regularly so I will be putting the kilometres up on it and can imagine going above 100km. I know it may be a silly question but if I went into the low 100ks would it be worth anything ?. How much of a depreciation could I expect ?. I can get a good deal on it for 125k aud. Would I lose 25k by putting the kilometres up?. Just looking for worst case scenario and is it worth buying ?. Thanks heaps it’s had the clutch done recently it’s a manual. It’s 04. I kinda want it as a project car and to do it up a little. It would be my first purchase of an exotic.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
I cannot predict the market, but a manual Gallardo, I would think, would depreciate very little because there were not very many of them and they don't suffer from the e-gear problem history. If you can snag one of the limited edition ones(Balboni, Superlegera,...) it would appreciate. It an old car, I would rather have one that was driven.

·
Premium Member
482 Posts
If my math is right, that converts to around 36k miles. That is barely broken in!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Most buyers of exotics seem to want ridiculously low kms as they think they will be in great mechanical condition and thus cheap to own. Little do they know, mechanical things need to be used or they become unrealiable as all the seals and hoses etc rot out; if you own a boat you'll know what I'm talking about! Also, steel improves with heat over time and brittle steel anneals a bit. Thus major engine internals are likely to be stronger than a little-used car; though wear surfaces may be a bit shaved; if oil is changed at least once per year this will not be a big issue. IMO, if a car has not done an average of about 5000kms (3000 miles) per year you are going to be buying a problem. MInd you a 16 yo car is quite old so it will have issues along the way.

·
Registered
91 Posts
In general, from my watching (and recent purchase), Gallardos tend to become branded "high mileage" over 40k miles.

I agree that a car that's driven regularly is less of a headache, but you'll still have a stigma associated with higher mileage cars for sale. In my opinion, the gated manual pricing won't be affected by higher mileage as much as an EGear car -- given there just aren't as many gated cars available.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,672 Posts
I agree, like the human body.....show me a car that has not been used and I will show you a car that has been "abused". Though, the flip side is show me a supercar with a lot of miles and I will show you a supercar that would be harder to sell/re-sell. Sort of like a tightrope act where striking the correct balance is everything. What year is the Gallardo?

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,672 Posts
I have a gated Gallrado with 30,000 miles and have had good luck with it. Like topcarbon said, mine was well-maintained and like Waz said, buying a car that sits is bad
Are you the original owner or if not how many miles have you racked up?

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,672 Posts
Curious what the highest mileage the Gallardo that people have come across. There was a Huracan with ~190K and that was a while ago so who knows what additional mileage it has racked up.

·
Registered
91 Posts
As a buyer, a high mileage exotic with fewer owners is FAR more appealing to me than a car with 7-8 owners.

So many buyers, especially for Gallardos given where the market value has been for the past 3-4 years, will buy as they can afford the car but not the maintenance. So you get each of the last 2-3 owners driving the car without planning to properly maintain as FB channels like ExoticCarHacks effectively preach a model of driving "for free" on these more depreciated exotic examples. I know that is painting with the broad brush, but directionally accurate.

The Gallardo I just purchased is a 3 owner car, yet with 40k miles. For me, despite many viewing 40k miles as "high" it checked the boxes, of:

1) Great Service History Documentation across a small number of owners
2) Its a 2005 so a bit rarer than the multitude of 2004 cars for sale
3) Its Gated Manual
4) The overall condition was actually better than the handful of 25k miles I also checked out.

I seem to remember someone with 125k miles in a Gallardo, but I'd imagine there are higher. I saw one or two 75k-90k mile Gallardos for sale this Spring and Summer on Ebay.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.