Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn’t order the High Gloss Style option, I felt it was too glossy and also easily scratched. I was having the PPF done on the wife’s car, and the installer asked about the matte finish trim and if I wanted to cover with film. I assumed PPF won’t stick to plastic, but he showed me the XPEL Ultimate Plus 7 which is thinner and it works. All the matte is covered, front lip, side skirts, and rear deck lid, and I have to say it is the right amount of gloss compared to the Style package. Just an option for those who are considering.

·
Premium Member
2,489 Posts
I have the high gloss style package and all the black is covered in Expel, no problem with it sticking and can't even tell it's on.

Reactions: Tanman88

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think PPF always stick to paint like the Style package. I was surprised PPF will stick to the matte trim of the Huracan. The installer said it was the smoother finish of the plastic trim. Just mentioning this, if anyone has considered putting PPF on the plastic trim.

·
Premium Member
17' SV Roadster, Performante Spyder X2, STO (inbound), Ferrari 458 Spyder,
676 Posts
Some shops can and will wrap the matte plastic OK. I had a couple shops that world not do the plastic but the best shops can and will wrap it with ease.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,672 Posts
I think PPF always stick to paint like the Style package. I was surprised PPF will stick to the matte trim of the Huracan. The installer said it was the smoother finish of the plastic trim. Just mentioning this, if anyone has considered putting PPF on the plastic trim.
Correct, there is no problem covering the high gloss Style Package with PPF. Though, it is interesting to hear your installer was able to cover the matte trim. Good to know!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.