Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This car right here has been breaking the internet, the Maserati Quattroporte. To begin, there was a prior video [Vlog] done with the Huracan, and Gallardo which included this Maserati which can be seen done below:

In the video we had gone cruising through Seattle, everyone was turning heads, but when you go back to the comments, everyone is saying things such as "The Lamborghini's are nice, but that Maserati stole my heart." Even though the Maserati isn't nearly in the same price range many people would much rather take it over cars such as the Huracan or Gallardo. Do you think this is a bias due to the fact that they might actually be able to afford a Maserati whereas becoming a Lamborghini owner has a lower chance of buying or is it simply the looks.

I know the guy very well, and we went to shoot the video seen above, but I'm still puzzled as too why this car ranks "higher" on peoples lists on the internet, and when seen in person.

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
12,608 Posts
I think that's untrue if not plain ridiculous.

·
Administrator
5,160 Posts
I wouldn't even waste time watching the video, but the Maserati has become no more than another 4 door sedan. The looks don't inspire anything but a shrug. Performance? Who cares it's a 4 door sedan.

They need to make cars in the tradition of the Merak, Bora, and Khamsin. I can't believe they call one of their sedans a Ghibli. The original Ghibli is one of the most beautiful exotics of all time.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,608 Posts
I wouldn't even waste time watching the video, but the Maserati has become no more than another 4 door sedan. The looks don't inspire anything but a shrug. Performance? Who cares it's a 4 door sedan.

They need to make cars in the tradition of the Merak, Bora, and Khamsin. I can't believe they call one of their sedans a Ghibli. The original Ghibli is one of the most beautiful exotics of all time.
I owned a Merek in 1979 and loved it! But today's Maserati's are just common looking, in fact I think BMW and Audi both have much nicer sedans at a discount to the Maserati.

·
Registered
727 Posts
In the comments I scrolled through there's only 1 liking the Maserati over the lambos and a couple more about the Maserati exhaust note. Don't respond to this, he's just trying to drum up views for his channel. There's even a comment about preferring a low rider over any of the cars if that gives you an idea of the demographic.

·
Administrator
5,160 Posts
I owned a Merek in 1979 and loved it! But today's Maserati's are just common looking, in fact I think BMW and Audi both have much nicer sedans at a discount to the Maserati.
I almost bought a Merak Russ, but just didn't feel quite comfortable with them aging at 40 years now. There wasn't enough of them made to support parts and information was sparse.

The Maserati name has definite sex appeal, and mystique. Too bad their cars don't live up to it anymore.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
In the comments I scrolled through there's only 1 liking the Maserati over the lambos and a couple more about the Maserati exhaust note. Don't respond to this, he's just trying to drum up views for his channel. There's even a comment about preferring a low rider over any of the cars if that gives you an idea of the demographic.
I'm actually not just trolling, if you look at that comment as well it's among one of the top comments. It might be due to the demographic, but I'm not referring as EVERYONE loves the Maserati, but a small minority that would easily take that Maserati over the Lamborghini's.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This exactly. Just a troll trying to get views.
You can say what'd you like, but here's some screenshots too prove otherwise... Don't get me wrong some people still love the Lambo's as much as the Maserati, but some rank it just as high or higher which is still a surprise too me.

Attachments

·
Registered
178 Posts
I put Maserati in the same group as Range Rover and Jaguar. Over priced cars that some what wealthy people buy, thinking they have a new status symbol. There not aware that once they leave the lot they devalue at almost half the cost. Plus the maintenance and after the warranty it's a money trap. Junk

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
It's not your screenshots
It's the content
You are trying to make the ridiculous believable to Lamborghini enthusiasts on a Lamborghini site.
What better way to make waves?
If you want to be believed, may I suggest a Maserati website like Maserati life.
Your reception will be Hd and crystal clear.

·
Premium Member
12,608 Posts
I almost bought a Merak Russ, but just didn't feel quite comfortable with them aging at 40 years now. There wasn't enough of them made to support parts and information was sparse.

The Maserati name has definite sex appeal, and mystique. Too bad their cars don't live up to it anymore.
I ordered my Merak new with blue metalic paint and tan interior, it was beautiful and comfortable, but I was 40 years younger lol.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts