Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

Just created an account here as I’m trying to learn about used Lamborghini shopping.

Would love to get some insights or threads to read about how to shop for used Huracans, preferably the Performante variant as I would like to purchase one. Tips for where to shop (official dealers only, or other car dealer?), what to look/ask for, tips for financing (would like a loan, not a lease), and tips for insurance.

Thank you so much,
Dan

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,545 Posts
Welcome Dan! I am also relatively new to the Lamborghini brand and my preference is buying from a Lamborghini dealership. Though, forum members have used other dealerships and seem to do fine. All of us on this forum would recommend getting a PPI irrespective of whatever Huracan you decide to move forward with. If you are leaning toward a Performante just a heads up the Race Seats are not all that comfortable but you can always get cushions for lumbar support if needed. One must have feature is, front axle lift (FAL) and without it resale would be negatively impacted. Dan, as you are probably aware, it's a major sellers market and there are significant markups on all preowned vehicles so, be prepared. One idea I will float is have you considered buying a new Huracan EVO? At this time the new Huracan EVOs are still mostly selling at MSRP. Though, be aware allocations are hard to come by and you would probably be in for a long wait ~12 months +/-. In any event, I am sure others will help answer some of your other question and Best of Luck!

BTW, I was born and raised in Brooklyn NY! ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your intro and insights, Lambo2018. I did consider getting an Evo, but not sure about resale value vs a Perf. Do you have any insights on that? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,545 Posts
Thank you for your intro and insights, Lambo2018. I did consider getting an Evo, but not sure about resale value vs a Perf. Do you have any insights on that? Thanks!
Resale is a hard one to call but my WAG I would probably recommend the Performante. Though, my feeling is, that at very least, both will hold their value pretty well being last of breed. I personally like buying new, and in the case of the EVO, that includes a 3 year factory warranty and 3 years of maintenance.

·
Registered
20 Giallo Auge Urus | 2021 Verde Scandal SVJ | 2021 STO Arancio Atlas/Verde Mantis
260 Posts
Welcome. I was also born in Brooklyn. Good ol Sunset Park. Good times. When it comes to local Lambos I deal with Paramus in NJ. Ordered Both my Urus and STO from there. Good people and treats me well. They have a few Performante in stock right now. I don’t know about warranty but u can find out. Huracans are solid cars but I bought extended warranty on mine. I like having a peace of mind for a while.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,545 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Welcome to the forum, I'm from Long island. If your looking for a Performante my old one is for sale at MB of Massapequa, talk to Matt over there. 2018 Arancio Borealis, low miles, ppf/ceramic, dme tuned, perfect condition.

·
Registered
26 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Welcome to the forum, I'm from Long island. If your looking for a Performante my old one is for sale at MB of Massapequa, talk to Matt over there. 2018 Arancio Borealis, low miles, ppf/ceramic, dme tuned, perfect condition.
Hi Metric84!

Thanks for the pointer. Car looks good. What is the reason you sold it? Also, did you take it to the track? How do the seats hold up for track use?

Thanks a bunch!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi Metric84!

Thanks for the pointer. Car looks good. What is the reason you sold it? Also, did you take it to the track? How do the seats hold up for track use?

Thanks a bunch!
No problem. Beautiful car for sure especially in that color. I traded it in for my Black Series, I also have an STO on order as well. Tough decision but can't keep them all. Never tracked (I dont track any of my cars). Seats are great, way more comfortable than the race seats.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No problem. Beautiful car for sure especially in that color. I traded it in for my Black Series, I also have an STO on order as well. Tough decision but can't keep them all. Never tracked (I dont track any of my cars). Seats are great, way more comfortable than the race seats.
Thank you for the quick reply. One more thing: Noob questions here: How does the DME tune work? Can it be reverted to factory settings? Do I need anything to do that? Does it affect the NY emissions check?
Cheers!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thank you for the quick reply. One more thing: Noob questions here: How does the DME tune work? Can it be reverted to factory settings? Do I need anything to do that? Does it affect the NY emissions check?
Cheers!
It can be reverted to stock, probably have to use the tuner or go to dealership for that. It passes emissions, my did after it was tuned and that was done at a lambo dealership.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts