Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two different Griots battery managers doing the exact same thing on a BRAND NEW fully charged car battery that is reading 12.7 volts on a multi-meter. If your are at all familiar with these kinds of units (same as the Delran "Battery Tender") maybe someone can figure this out. The red charge light never goes out and the green fully charged indicator does not come on after 2 days of waiting. I have used both of these units for the last 4 years and they are working perfectly and I have never experienced this type of problem. If I momentarily unplug the unit for a "microsecond" then it switches to green and the red charge light goes out (just like it's supposed to do). I'm thinking that since the battery has full voltage maybe it never enters the actual charge mode and the red light is only indicating that the charger is plugged into a power supply. Is a Fiaam battery any different from any other kind, this is perplexing ????

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just read in the manual that in order to change the battery one has to remove the trunk. JRV, is this a major deal or is it fairly simple to get the liner (trunk) out of the car's nose ?
Jake

·
Administrator
5,166 Posts
Are you sure you actually have a connection to the battery? When you plug the charger in, the voltage should rise, if it dosen't your not connected.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well guys, it took almost 72 hours but it has finally cycled into the fully charged status. Maybe with all that time on the boat it was not that fully charged or it's a larger capacity battery than I thought it was (i.e. deep cycle). They did actually state that it could take 3 days to complete the charge cycle; however I never had that happen with any other cars. :)

·
Registered
568 Posts
Boats can be horrible on batteries. Even when used you start the boat and usually run at low RPM for long times. Then you turn the stereo on, maybe the night running lights and there you go drawing more than you are charging. Plus, haivng the battery in a boat with a cover that sits in the sun all day just baking the juice out of it does not help. I usually have to change the battery in my Boat every 3 years or less. I have no dock side juice to plug into. I do take my battery out of the boat in the winter though.

This might be ther reason,
David
not trying to jack the thread..thought it might add to the reason

·
Registered
568 Posts
Yet I missed that one.

Was wondering why you would take a battery off a boat and put it in a Lambo? It did not make any sense to me, but everyone is different! :evil: :wave: slap

1 - 9 of 9 Posts