Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, so I've currently been eyeing a 2011 Gallardo LP 570-4 Superleggera. It has 3100 miles, and the owner is dealer's opening asking price is $160,000 USD. As far as options go, it just has the rear-view camera, although the Superleggera didn't have much options to begin with I think.

My first question is, is this a really good deal? My research has indicated this to be about 20k below similiar mileage Superleggeras.

Also, my second question is, is the experience between a normal LP and a LP Superleggera that significant? I will admit, my main draw to the Super is mainly exterior cosmetics, mainly the spoiler and bumper. I know it was built as a track focused edition and I don't plan on tracking more than once a year if at all. Do you guys think it would be worth the splurge?

I've read on this forum that it's possible that Superleggera's will hold value better, which, if true, would be another incentive for me to spend the extra cash.

Thank you all

·
Registered
98 Posts
The interior does it for me on the SL...I was dead set on the SL till I stumbled upon a screaming good deal on my G

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I would find out why it's selling much cheaper than current market values would seem to indictate. There is ALWAYS a reason.
Color, history, clean title? Many factors involved.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Greetings and welcome to Lamborghini Talk, obbob!: )
An LP SL with 3100 miles and an asking price of $160k? Yeah, that is a pretty good price...in fact, it sounds too good. As mentioned by TwinV10, there HAS to be a reason...there always is. I'd advise you to check the complete history of the car and get a thorough PPI on the car. If anything seems amiss, you might want to consider passing on the car.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
That car should be hovering about the $200k range. Proceed w caution. As with most exotics there are reasons for the outliers and many instances of hidden issues which have crept up to become nightmares. Keep in mind fixing problems you are still dealing w a modern sports exotic which retailed well over quarter million when new as did the LP 560 cars as well.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
+1 on being way too cheap. But sometimes 'deals' do exist depending on inventory, time on lot, trade - in deal, etc.

But a crash / repaint could easily warrant 10-20K of a similar vehicle depending on how extensive repairs were. Please do your due diligence when purchasing any car, especially something north of 100K.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
+1 on being way too cheap. But sometimes 'deals' do exist depending on inventory, time on lot, trade - in deal, etc.

But a crash / repaint could easily warrant 10-20K of a similar vehicle depending on how extensive repairs were. Please do your due diligence when purchasing any car, especially something north of 100K.
True. There is a 2012 STS with 11k miles with an asking of ~$170k. This is essentially a 570...BUT it is also branded a buy-back. So, if the seller is asking $160 for a 2011 SL 570-4, there must be some issue...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts