Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Crack filler and dye by Letherique are easy to use and I’ve had great results on some of my other cars. About to do a little work on the Diablo as soon as I have them match the tan. Black is much easier. Although, that stitching could make it more difficult. I would plan on doing the whole seat so it matches.
Handwriting Textile Font Material property Gas

·
Premium Member
97.0 VT Roadster / 08 Gallardo Spyder
1,486 Posts
Some on here swear by Leatherique and that’s fine. I tried it but was less enthused. After doing several cleaning cycles with that product and lots of elbow grease I finally took it to a local leather shop. WOW AND WOW was the result. Below before and after pictures don’t fully capture it, but the look was brand new and even smell was showroom new. Cost me $1,900, though, not cheap but I think worth it. Notice they filled the cracks, too, made me really think it was new leather. Hope this helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
940 Posts
Use a pro like Clyde recommends and afterwards, condition those seats frequently they are in a sorry state.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Crack filler and dye by Letherique are easy to use and I’ve had great results on some of my other cars. About to do a little work on the Diablo as soon as I have them match the tan. Black is much easier. Although, that stitching could make it more difficult. I would plan on doing the whole seat so it matches. View attachment 301536
This would work , after the filler dries off I would use a 1200 sand paper to wet sand it and smooth out the area ( better for the dye to absorb in the leather too ) . Make sure the leather is clean and apply the black dye , use a sponge will do . You will get 70-90% of the result . I did it on my other old seat . Black is the easiest to handle , if the seat is cream or other color you will risk to have uneven color unless you spray the whole seat.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I definitely think you get a lot for your money hiring an experienced professional to do this but if your like me and want the satisfaction of DIY it is relatively easy to get good results. Here are some before and after shots of my 996 that had seen years of daily driving. These are just the worst areas.
Car White Automotive design Motor vehicle Vehicle
Car Gear shift Vehicle Automotive design Steering part
Car Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design Personal luxury car
Light Vehicle Grey Automotive design Material property
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Plant Steering part
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Steering part

·
Premium Member
97.0 VT Roadster / 08 Gallardo Spyder
1,486 Posts
Seth, those pictures look great.
CCIE, I’m sure you know this but the seats are incredibly easy to remove with just 4 Allen head screws. I took my Allen wrench with me to the leather guy and uninstalled the seats right then and there. They are super easy to work on when the seats are up on the bench. Saves your back and also gives you access to the rear and sides.

please post before and after photos would love to see them.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Yeah, the yellow stitching is your biggest challenge here I think. I’d think it would be a matter of some careful masking, first one side then the other, and then a steady hand with a q-tip between the stitches. But I’ve never dealt with a different color stitching so I’m just saying what first comes to mind for that. The times I’ve done leather reconditioning it has been one of the quickest, most rewarding jobs I’ve done to a car. The black leather on my Testarossa was like the vinyl on a Bayliner, all stiff and shiny, I stripped a ton of dye off and rejuvenated it to the point it was almost like new soft supple leather. I liked doing it so much I’d almost pay someone to let me do it to there car! 😁

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
"I stripped a ton of dye off and rejuvenated it to the point it was almost like new soft supple leather. I liked doing it so much I’d almost pay someone to let me do it to there car! 😁"

Hmmmm..... So where are you located again SP? :ROFLMAO::LOL::)

·
Registered
1998 Lamborghini Diablo SV
255 Posts
Those look worse than mine were. Use a pro.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts