Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a fairly old countach and I am currently In Belgium doing research for the designing company I work for and I was driving fast in a deserted country road when it started to feel... how can I put it..."unsafe". Like you could feel a hint of shakiness. So I took it to a car mechanic (youd be suprised at the skills of foreign mechanics and car enthusiasts) who knew about lamborghinis and he told me after a thorough check up that my drivetrain was cracked in several spots and had a severe crack going in the middle of the front section. He said he doesnt have the right tools or parts to fix it And he doesnt know hw much it woud cost. So I rented a car and I wont drive the countach cause i have know idea if its going to break apart while I drive it the cargo ship where I originally brought my car. So what im basically asking is, is it safe to drive it? can you replace the drive train, and how much would it cost to replace it? How Am I going to get it to The coast then to my stop at London then to Conneticut and drive it back to Ohio. And yes I put some serious mileage on it driving here. Maybe I handled it a little toorough. But any help would be great cause i am very worried for my car cause i couldnt buy another one. Thanks In advance.

Shannon
PS: I am a boy despite my name

·
Registered
108 Posts
This sounds really suspicious to me. How do you crack a drivetrain? Drivetrain normally is a catch-all term that includes motor, transmission, differentials, axles, etc - everything related to making power and transferring it to the wheels. There are plenty of items in that group that you could damage, but all are repairable and frankly I'm not sure they would make the car feel unsafe.

Do you think maybe he meant the frame? I can see you cracking welds on the frame over time, or perhaps weakening the frame by rust. Cracked frame could cause all kinds of problems as the suspension, steering and other critical systems are no longer held to the road in the appropriate way.

Sounds more like you had something go bad in the steering or suspension - or possibly the mounts for the motor or transmission. I would find a second opinion - preferably someone with much chassis experience such as a race shop and see what they say. This analysis doesn't make sense...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well turns out the guy was a con artist. I decided to leave early so I stopped by the shop to pick up the car and I caught him taking parts out of my car. This happened yesterday at about 9:00. so I called the police and my car parts were found In boxes ready to be sold and he had intended on selling them on the blackmarket really soon and he had replaced them with parts from hondas and other parts from mostly asian companies. This morning I got a call and they said the only thing wrong with my car was that something at the base of the steering weel had come loose so the response wasnt very good and felt like the turning of the weel and the movement of the tires wasnt in sync. And he lied about the whole cracking of the drivetrain. I knew it was a little suspicious. Well Im heading back today in about two hours and I dont have to make the stop at london anymore because im taking a new ship. It all seems so wierd that I almost lost my loved lambo right there and I wouldnt be able to do anything about it if I hadnt went there when I did. He was already 80% done switching out parts. He probably would tell me to get it towed so that I wouldnt notice the difference (and im sure it would be a HUGE one). Well thanks anyways. I cant wait to get back home and get this thing PROFFESIONALLY back in shape and brushed up. :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Kill the MF. Then learn to work on your own cars. NEVER trust anyone else. When others are working on my cars, they are because they have to: smog certs, wheel alignments and any type of welding work, but aside from all that, I do all my own work. The sooner you don't have to depend on others, the safer you will be. Hearing about things like this pi$$e$ me off to no end. Sorry you had to go through this. :mad:

futureseal91 said:
Well turns out the guy was a con artist. I decided to leave early so I stopped by the shop to pick up the car and I caught him taking parts out of my car. This happened yesterday at about 9:00. so I called the police and my car parts were found In boxes ready to be sold and he had intended on selling them on the blackmarket really soon and he had replaced them with parts from hondas and other parts from mostly asian companies. This morning I got a call and they said the only thing wrong with my car was that something at the base of the steering weel had come loose so the response wasnt very good and felt like the turning of the weel and the movement of the tires wasnt in sync. And he lied about the whole cracking of the drivetrain. I knew it was a little suspicious. Well Im heading back today in about two hours and I dont have to make the stop at london anymore because im taking a new ship. It all seems so wierd that I almost lost my loved lambo right there and I wouldnt be able to do anything about it if I hadnt went there when I did. He was already 80% done switching out parts. He probably would tell me to get it towed so that I wouldnt notice the difference (and im sure it would be a HUGE one). Well thanks anyways. I cant wait to get back home and get this thing PROFFESIONALLY back in shape and brushed up. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah im in the atlantic right now but when i get back im gonna take some lessons at this near buy shop they know me pretty good and there going t help me out for a while leant the basics ad maybe get into a few advanced thins. I never thought someone would do that. Well at least not someone who was certified and went to college and the whole 9 yards. well I am also getting about 10 trackers concealed all over my car. setting them in both chairs, and in many little spots so tha even if it gets taken apart i can still find some parts and arrest the people. im also inserting a tiny tiny camera on the dash board so that whenever i have to send it to the shop I can watch it on a little monitor at all times so that I know whats going on. Well cant wait to get back home. thanks guys

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
peter_k said:
Very strange story.
Really strange, I'd like to know what parts he replaced with asian stuff :confused:

·
Registered
688 Posts
terryjoint said:
This story STINKS !! I suspect a little fiction going on here :mad: :mad:
Easy to check... :mad:

Hi Futureseal91,
We all would love to be of assistance to you, as we all love our cars, and, of course, each others cars as well, as long as it starts by ''Lambor'' and finishes with ''ghini''...
Please let us have the name of the garage you've been to in Belgium, and the name of the MF too (to make sure none of us goes there...). Let us have the pictures of the damaged parts of the drivetrain, and surely some of us will have precious advice and good ideas. By the way, what Chassis nr is your LP400S ?...out of 237 units, it would be very surprising that no one here knows a bit of her history, and maybe give you some clues about what might have happened...
Cheers ;)

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Ayanami said:
By the way, what Chassis nr is your LP400S ?...out of 237 units, it would be very surprising that no one here knows a bit of her history
Cheers ;)
you are right : i think at least raymond given a name to all countach :p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts