Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, new the forum, been reading for years but finally joined as I am buying a G or an H. Please help steer my OCD a$$ as I need to make decision in the next week! 🤦🏻‍♂️😎
I am currently having a dilemma of deciding between spending roughly 250 K on a 2015 Huracan LP-610 or buying a pre-LP gallardo (I do not like the rear of the LPs). Yes I know that the Huracan is more refined, more updated, no more egear, much faster plus many other positives/ updated car all around , but at the end of the day, I love all of these cars ( old and newer) and the pre-LP older G’s I am looking at currently are in mint condition with full service history etc. here’s where I’m really at, the pre-LP Gallardo just has that visceral alive feeling vs when I drove the huracan. I loved the H equally but it was almost too easy and so refined where it almost drove for me. Maybe I need to leave in corsa? and the driving experience is not much different than my GT3 ( yes I know they’re totally different cars ( GT3 vs H but hopefully you all get my point of basically modern day dual clutch refined supercar).I need some opinions and insight from you guys because I’m seriously 50-50 with one leg swinging on either side of the fence on which route to go. The other piece obviously is spending about 130 K more than I would be spending on a really nice Gallardo. Thoughts? Advice? Opinions? I already have currently a 991.1GT3 as I stated that I AM keeping ( my true love don’t yell at me , LOL ) , only reason I’m stating that is so you know what I already have as far as my toy collection that might change some of your opinions on which route I should take. The way a car sounds is especially very important to me because it’s part of the overall driving experience in my opinion for myself and I have to say hands-down the 04-08 Gallardo just blows the huracan away in that department. I don’t wanna make my decision based solely on just sounds but it is a piece of the puzzle for me. Personal friends in my local area have positives and negatives to both so I wanted to see what feedback I can get in this group. And one last thing, currently in my area there are probably twice as many huracans as gallardo‘s. My concern obviously is these inflated prices right now that I believe are completely unrealistic for the Huracans are going to drop back down to 200 K or even sub 200 K in the next year especially with what’s going on right now politically in our country, inflation on NECESSARY items will drive prices down on unnecessary toys as this whole car market thing is going to self correct this year on cars. I don’t want to go off topic and hijack my own thread here and make it a political post about car values ,I’m just concerned that I’m going to drop 250 K on a car that’s worth 50 to 60 K less in a year (Because hurcans are selling for that less than a year ago).Thanks so much in advance for any of your insight and opinions ! 

·
Registered
113 Posts
It sounds like you feel the same way I do about modern cars. Incredibly fast and capable, but boring. This is why even if I could comfortably afford a Huracan, I still likely wouldn't replace my LP G with one. I do love the styling of an Evo, though.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It sounds like you feel the same way I do about modern cars. Incredibly fast and capable, but boring. This is why even if I could comfortably afford a Huracan, I still likely wouldn't replace my LP G with one. I do love the styling of an Evo, though.
I’m with you, exactly my dilemma. I’m to the point where I’m losing sleep at night with trying to make this decision which is why I made this thread. I think hearing everybody’s input on both ends of the spectrum will help steer me.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
21,071 Posts
Why in the world would you pay $250 for a 2015 Hurcan when you can buy a new Huracan EVO RWD for $230 plus options?

Reactions: RedMurci

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Why in the world would you pay $250 for a 2015 Hurcan when you can buy a new Huracan EVO RWD for $230 plus options?
Great point! What can you really get a new EVO for 230? I can’t find Any right now for anywhere near that low of a price?
Why are all the hurcans listed anywhere between 220 and 270k? Everywhere eBay car gurus auto trader any where you look? It’s actually frustrating me because these cars are not selling for those amounts. I understand everybody’s listing them for these amounts because of this so-called bubble which I think is false, the cars are worth what people pay for them not what they’re listed for. I guess maybe as a decision maker for me will be if somebody comes to their senses and sells the car for what it’s actually worth then I buy huracan, if not I buy a nice Gallardo for 110k.

·
Registered
512 Posts
My opinon only but if you are really in the fence between the two why not get the Pre LP and save the $. The value will hold. If you decide later that you want the Huracan you can always sell the. Gallardo and up your investment.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My opinon only but if you are really in the fence between the two why not get the Pre LP and save the $. The value will hold. If you decide later that you want the Huracan you can always sell the. Gallardo and up your investment.
Good point, that will protect me from the potential drop off this upcoming year on the hurcans and taking a 50 K loss if buying one now and that occurs

·
Registered
730 Posts
I don’t understand your question. Are you talking about the difference between a G and an H? Because it’s more like 120+ K? Or maybe you’re thinking maybe I should look for an SL?
If you bought an H and lost $50k to depreciation how bad would you feel about it? Seems to be the only reason you are considering a gallardo.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If you bought an H and lost $50k to depreciation how bad would you feel about it? Seems to be the only reason you are considering a gallardo.
Oh OK got ya, I would be very pissed at a 50 K loss, Especially when I know a market correction is coming in the next year. I think what one of the posters above said was really good advice, by the G, and if I want an H in a year and my theory is correct, and they drop back down in price snag one then. Either that or talk some sense into the guy right now that selling his at 259k and tell him my offer and if not then It can sit in his garage🤷🏻‍♂️

·
Registered
380 Posts
I wouldnt be so sure of that much of a price correction on Huracans, the Gallardo market is inflated as well. You are looking at the most reliable modern Lamborghini and the least reliable modern Lamborghini, i would also compare repair costs vs depreciation in your plan as well. I would bote drive a preLP G, LP G and Huracan and one will speak to you more than others

Reactions: MikeGT3

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Moved to the dreamer section where this belongs. Carry on
I’m sorry but could you please explain why this is being moved to the dreamer section? If you would like to message me privately I can show you the cars is in my garage currently. I find that very offensive especially coming from a moderator.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Oh OK got ya, I would be very pissed at a 50 K loss, Especially when I know a market correction is coming in the next year. I think what one of the posters above said was really good advice, by the G, and if I want an H in a year and my theory is correct, and they drop back down in price snag one then. Either that or talk some sense into the guy right now that selling his at 259k and tell him my offer and if not then It can sit in his garage🤷🏻‍♂️
I would buy the G then. To me it sounds like the pain of a $50k loss will hurt you more than the pain of possibly missing out on a Huracan if the market never corrects.

I wouldn’t bother negotiating a lesser offer too much because right now people are being rewarding for putting out crazy high asking prices. The smart buyer knows there probably isn’t much of a difference in reliability for a Huracan with miles vs one without as long as it was cared for, but eventually sellers catch on to this too, and I doubt we’ll see a huge correction.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I would buy the G then. To me it sounds like the pain of a $50k loss will hurt you more than the pain of possibly missing out on a Huracan if the market never corrects.

I wouldn’t bother negotiating a lesser offer too much because right now people are being rewarding for putting out crazy high asking prices. The smart buyer knows there probably isn’t much of a difference in reliability for a Huracan with miles vs one without as long as it was cared for, but eventually sellers catch on to this too, and I doubt we’ll see a huge correction.
Good points. Thanks for your insights : )

·
Registered
282 Posts
[
You won’t lose 50k the market is so jacked right now . If you bought a new evo at 280 they resale at 330 especially in SoCal I don’t know about elsewhere but the car market is nasty here. A svj is selling for 999k - 1 mil

1 - 19 of 19 Posts