Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Guys, I need some help please.
I got the “shut off engine and check coolant level” light when driving just now. I hurried up into a parking lot and I’m afraid to turn on the car.

If my level is indeed low, what type of coolant do I need to put in. Can someone please recommend something.

I didn’t see any steam or smoke coming out as I drove to a nearby parking lot. Now I’m stuck here…

edit: just opened the engine bay… where the hell is the coolant reservoir for a spyder!!!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay so I let the car cool down for around 30 minutes in the parking.

Turned her back on just now and the light/warning was gone. Quickly drove home. I think I went through a red light...

Could the bad battery be triggering these faults? The dealer is jammed and they can't see me anytime soon. I'm still waiting for them to get a battery for me.

·
Premium Member
97.0 VT Roadster / 08 Gallardo Spyder
1,481 Posts
Check your manual as it has coolant level comments in it. The coolant on a spider is near the very rear in the center underneath the hinge for the bonnet. These cars are extremely hot and engine temperatures run hot even with the bonnet up. I would give it longer than 30 minutes and definitely don’t open it without a towel wrapped around your hand!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Check your manual as it has coolant level comments in it. The coolant on a spider is near the very rear in the center underneath the hinge for the bonnet. These cars are extremely hot and engine temperatures run hot even with the bonnet up. I would give it longer than 30 minutes and definitely don’t open it without a towel wrapped around your hand!
Mine didn't come with a manual :(

I emailed my rep at my local Lambo dealership. Let's see if they can book me in ASAP.

Definitely not the experience I wanted for my first Lambo. This is why I hate buying used even though it was from a dealer as reputable as my local Lambo dealer. They also have Lambo techs working in service and deal with $1m+ cars. Stuff like coolant levels, oil levels, etc. should be checked thoroughly prior to handoff. First my oil level light came on a month ago. Now the coolant light comes on.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Guys, so the sign has gone away. Like I mentioned, I waited around 30 minutes in a parking lot when the sign first came on. Started her up, and the sign was gone. Then quickly drove around 5 KMs to go home. Sign didn't come on during the drive either. Keep in mind, I was driving for a good 2 hours before all this with about 30 minutes in sport/corsa.

I just started her again after garaging her for 2 hours. Still no sign.

Does this mean the level is not low? If it was low, the temperature would run into red and it would smoke like most cars, no?

Would it be safe to drive the car?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey man; here’s a picture of my engine. Mind pointing it out for me? I can’t seem to find it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
97.0 VT Roadster / 08 Gallardo Spyder
1,481 Posts
Love that color! Mine is a pre-LP and doesn’t quite look like that, but dead center in the first photo all the way back by the hinge of the bonnet is where mine is. I’m almost positive, but that being said I’m away a few days on vacation. I can double check when home and get back to you.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Love that color! Mine is a pre-LP and doesn’t quite look like that, but dead center in the first photo all the way back by the hinge of the bonnet is where mine is. I’m almost positive, but that being said I’m away a few days on vacation. I can double check when home and get back to you.
Haha, thanks bro :)

Here's some proper pics.

The only things that hurt me are these random warnings/signs! Worst of all, they can't find me a battery which I think is causing a lot of false lights to come on which has happened before.. on backorder for months now. The voltage spikes below 13 as I'm driving all the time. That can't be good...

Attachments

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Guys, the million dollar question: can I drive her today?

Someone told me that just because the sign went away, doesn’t mean your coolant level is okay.

Is there truth to this?

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Dude, check your coolant level.

If it’s low, buy it from your dealer.

Then YouTube “how to change battery Lamborghini Huracan” and get your battery out, take it to costco, pep boys, autozone…. and they will match up your battery for you.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Dude, check your coolant level.

If it’s low, buy it from your dealer.

Then YouTube “how to change battery Lamborghini Huracan” and get your battery out, take it to costco, pep boys, autozone…. and they will match up your battery for you.
I finally found the spot today.

I didn't know if it was low.. the stick wasn't at the bottom. It was sticking out a little bit. I filled her up a little bit and the stick came up a little more. Dealers were closed today. So I bought a OEM one 50/50 premixed for Audi, VW, Porsche and "high end foreigns" according to the packaging.. It was pink/violet in color which I think is the correct one.

Did a drive just now in strada for 15 minutes, sport for 20 minutes, and corsa for 15 minutes. The sign didn't come. So I think it's good now!

The only thing remaining is the battery and my service which is overdue by a few days. I can't get an appointment...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts