Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi team,
I’m trying to sort out some issues with my gallardo spider

1. brake lights not working - car won’t go into gear.
2. Does anyone have any idea what this is (see photo) appears factory wiring goes into non factory and appears to a vacuum line.
3. does anyone have a wiring diagram for the rear lights ?

thanks in advance for your help
Cheers
Laurence

·
Registered
2004 Gallardo Coupe E-Gear Giallo Midas
54 Posts
Hi, 2.) that is the power cable of solenoid valve that closes/opens the exhaust valves. Goes right to the ECU behind the seats. Looks like someone modified the wires to insert a steering module so the valve keeps open all the time / is configurable with a remote. Just follow the cables in the direction of the rear light. Is the exhaust really loud? That could be the answer if the wiring is faulty, because the default position of the valves is "open".

·
Registered
2004 Gallardo Coupe E-Gear Giallo Midas
54 Posts
PS: The rubber hoses are vacuum lines that support the vaccuum to close the valves. The solenoid is open = valves are closed = exhaust is quiet. And from my opinion, all 2 questions regarding the light could be a part of the problem because people sometimes try to get 12VDC from the rear light to operate a steering module for the valves. So i think you should follow the cables to the drivers side rear light and see whats going on. To remove the rear light i think you have to remove the rear wheel and wheelhouse.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts