Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
2004 UGR Gallardo
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys.

My 04 Gallardo E-gear got delivered recently to Hawaii. When it went onto the truck and was delivered to Pasha for the boat ride it was in Neutral.
When we picked it up the battery was flat, the windows had been left open in the rain and now the car is stuck in gear.

When I open the door there is no priming from the pump nor when I turn the key on.
There is constant power to the Egear relay and I jumped the relay and the pump powered up nice and loud but still no gear indicator light and no response when I pull the paddles.

I am going to buy a new brake switch tomorrow in case that is part of the issue. I tested pins 85 and 86 on the relay holder and don't seem to have a 12v "switched ignition" to trigger the relay even with the key on.

Any help would be greatly appreciated ad the car is blocking my driveway 馃槀

Registered
Start with a new battery. These cars don鈥檛 do well with low voltage. While in there make sure your terminal chassis ground isn鈥檛 corroded and making good contact.

Registered
2004 UGR Gallardo
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Start with a new battery. These cars don鈥檛 do well with low voltage. While in there make sure your terminal chassis ground isn鈥檛 corroded and making good contact.
Thanks for the reply.

I put a new Optima Yellow top in, I cleaned and abraded the terminals and checked the grounds. All are good. There doesnt seem to be switched (accessorie/ignition) piwer getting to the relays from either the door pin cicuit (priming) or when the key is in the on position.

Registered
2004 UGR Gallardo
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bump... any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!
Pump works when I bypass the relay, no switched 12v+ going to the relays. I don't have an FSM so not sure how/where to bypass anything to power the paddles, gear indicator, solenoids etc directly.

Really stuck and could use some help if anyone has any ideas or inside knowledge.

Registered
So the pump works when you bypass the egear relay, and there's constant power to the relay...have you pulled the relay out and checked that it works like it should?

I'll take a look at the circuit schematics in the workshop manual next time I have a chance and see if there are any obvious things that could cause the symptoms you're describing. Definitely worth downloading and checking out if you haven't already.

Registered
2004 UGR Gallardo
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes there is constant power at the relay but thats it. Relay seems fine but I ordered a replacment one regardless as its a strangely laid out 5 pin.

I downloaded the FSM but haven't had time to dig through it. Also the car is a UGR TT so there are some things in the wiring that are definitely not listed in the FSM.

Really hoping someone can help me pinpoint the circuit for the switched 12v so I can backtrace it.

Registered
2004 UGR Gallardo
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

so it turns out that someone stole my TCM while the vehicle was in transit from SD to HNL 馃 an oddly specific module to steal given that the Motec ECU etc was left completely untouched.
If anyone in the San Diego or Honolulu areas hears of a used TCM for sale please do let me know so I can get it back lol.

Registered
Wow. This is one of the weirdest ends to troubleshooting an egear problem I've heard about haha. I would be enraged with that shipping company and try to hold them accountable. They killed the battery, left the windows open in the rain, and were negligent enough that parts could be stolen off of/out of the vehicle during transit. Not acceptable. Glad you got it figured out at least.

Registered
That's crazy! That is a really specific item to steal. Very odd.

Who shipped the car to Hawaii? Matson or Pasha? I would certainly be contacting them and trying to get them to make it right.

Registered
2004 UGR Gallardo
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That was my thought exactly! Especially as there is a Motec ECU in the passenger footwell and a turbo system hanging off the back!!!
Pasha shipped the car, I never got the receiving report from San Diego when the car was dropped off at their yard either.
I filed a claim for the missing TCM and the water damage to the door and inner rocker panels.
The claims lady said at a glance that she thinks they will probably deny the claim as the gearbox issue is "mechanical damage" which is excluded under their T&Cs 馃う鈥嶁檪锔
Because of that I have had to get my lawyers involved and file a theft report with the police etc.
A pretty S***ty way to start my journey as a Lambo owner tbh....

Registered
View attachment 290407
so it turns out that someone stole my TCM while the vehicle was in transit from SD to HNL 馃 an oddly specific module to steal given that the Motec ECU etc was left completely untouched.
If anyone in the San Diego or Honolulu areas hears of a used TCM for sale please do let me know so I can get it back lol.
:oops::oops::oops:

WTF?

Registered
That was my thought exactly! Especially as there is a Motec ECU in the passenger footwell and a turbo system hanging off the back!!!
Pasha shipped the car, I never got the receiving report from San Diego when the car was dropped off at their yard either.
I filed a claim for the missing TCM and the water damage to the door and inner rocker panels.
The claims lady said at a glance that she thinks they will probably deny the claim as the gearbox issue is "mechanical damage" which is excluded under their T&Cs 馃う鈥嶁檪锔
Because of that I have had to get my lawyers involved and file a theft report with the police etc.
A pretty S***ty way to start my journey as a Lambo owner tbh....
That is such a bummer. I've used Matson and Pasha both in the past to ship cars and I was more pleased with Matson for whatever that's worth. They were a little more expensive(not a bunch) but I felt like the service and communication was a little better. Of course it has been several years since I have shipped a car to Hawaii so maybe things have changed.

I never had any damage or anything stolen off cars with either company. I just felt like Matson "cared" more.

I certainly hope you are able to get it sorted and get them to make you whole. Please keep us posted if you can.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts