Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All,
My first post here.. I'm from Toronto Canada

I would like to know what is the lure towards a lambo (ie gallardo or murcielago) versus say a Ferrari 360 or F430?

do lambo buyers also consider ferrari's ?

are lambo owners generally happy with your decision ?

what i fear is the almost $40k maintenance of Ferrari's on a used one.

Is this the same for a Gallardo's ?

what are some of the maintenance issues with gallardo's ?

off to searching I go..

thanks for reading..

·
Premium Member
5,177 Posts
Oh OK I will. :rolleyes:

Can't answer specifics about the Gallardo, but many Lambo owners also own Ferrari's, me being one. Others hate Ferrari's, so you'll get varied opinions. I've only heard of one dissastisfied Lambo owner on this board, everybody else loves them, and say it's the best thing they ever did.

Lamborghinis do not need an engine out to change timing belts, they use chains. Maintenance should be less in a Lambo, but remember the Gallardo is only in it's second year of production so it suffered from some clutch/computer problems on the E-gear, that's all sorted out now.

And finally do a poll, you'll find many Ferrari owners moving UP to Lamborghinis, but dare you to find a Lambo owner who's traded for a Ferrari.

That'll get things started :)

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
A few months ago, when I was looking for a sports car, I put down a refundable deposit to wait for a production slot on a F430. A month later, I checked out the pricier Lamborghini models. It was love at first sight! The black Murcielago was the car of my dreams. The rosso interior was just what I wanted. The car was 150% the price of the F430, but the green light was signalled by my wife. She said the Murcie is definitely more exclusive than the F430. After a test drive, I was sold on the Murcie. I got my F430 deposit back.

My car gets noticed every where I go. I read somewhere that Frank Sinatra may have said that if you want to be a somebody, buy a Ferrari, if you are a somebody, buy a Lamborghini.

:wave:

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
I too have owned F-Cars and moved up to the LAMBO.....With my F-Car i drove it enjoyed it liked it.............but I did get tired of seeing one every other day like mine.............then one day a long long time ago (LOL) I drove my first 2001 6.0SE Diablo V-12........lets just say I got in it at the dealership in Salt Lake City, and never got out of it till I hit home inSEATTLE!!!!!!!!!!

Today my collection includes Gallardo "S", Murcie, DIablo, Countach and soon the NEW roadster, (murcie), on order for the Gallard SPyder...........would never even think of going back............

Ferrari is a great car..............

The Lambo just happens to be a better car......NO "LIFE CHANGING" EXPERIANCE!!!!!!!!!!..........

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
I read somewhere that Frank Sinatra may have said that if you want to be a somebody, buy a Ferrari, if you are a somebody, buy a Lamborghini.
Frank definately knew his Shiiiit!!

:D

I was thinking about this Question/Thread since it was posted.....truly the Frank Sinatra Quote sums it up!!!!

If it's just a car people want buy a Volkswagen or a Toyoyta....but when one starts talking Italian SuperCars..NOTHING BEATS A LAMBO!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
raymondo said:
Lamborghinis do not need an engine out to change timing belts, they use chains. Maintenance should be less in a Lambo, but remember the Gallardo is only in it's second year of production so it suffered from some clutch/computer problems on the E-gear, that's all sorted out now.
thanks.. i'm hoping with the infusion of Audi , the gallardo and/or murcie will be improved upon no doubt..

My reasoning is that I've heard 3 horror stories of colleagues who's bought used F355's, F355 spyder, 348 and the maintenance costs , weeks in the shop, made them close to losing their car.. :eek:

·
Registered
40 Posts
My thought is this: I have heard that if you buy a ''normal'' colored Ferrari (black, silver, gray, blue) it will most often get by unnoticed (usually that's why people buy them), BUT if you try to do the same thing with Lambo especially Murcie you WILL fail in your intent... :evil:

·
Premium Member
5,177 Posts
What's wierd about colors is Lamborghini's are the the only car you can make in lime green, orange, purple etc and it looks GREAT. try doing that on a Ferrari or any other car you'd get laughed at. I never could figure that out.

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
"I bought a Lamborghini because I did it my way...", good old Frank Sinatra sure can sing a song. :p

Roy, you sure are right about "the life changing experience". Since I bought the Murcie, I am eating more healthy, getting more exercise, and having a more active love life. Thanks Lamborghini, I'm really enjoying life!

:wave:

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
zzoorrkk said:
Since I bought the Murcie, I am eating more healthy, getting more exercise, and having a more active love life. Thanks Lamborghini, I'm really enjoying life!
Just wait until its "in the shop" ie the flip side. You drink more, eat more, can't exercise, can't sleep, love life - whats that??? etc etc.... :D

-mick

·
Registered
584 Posts
I went from a late model 355 Spider to a early Diablo. Fabulous Car!

3 months ago I also puchased a 67 Ferrari, not to drive, but to restore and sell. In it for the money only.

·
Registered
116 Posts
The color aspect is something I've been analyzing (mentally)for about 3 years now. I call it color acceptance and think it is related to the integrity of design. Had a chance recently to view a Diablo GT, Saleen S7, F40, F50, Enzo, and 360 all in the same room with each other. All the F cars were red. The S7 was metallic silver, and the Diablo GT was pearl metallic yellow. Only the Diablo gave me a feeling of serenity when I stood in front of it. It was like the Diablo's design is so overwhelming that my mind can not categorize and make sense of it therefore I just have to accept it. IMO that's why it really does not matter what color it is. Question is how much of this is my bias toward Lamborghini and how much is verifiable art. The only other car there that day that had some degree of color acceptance was the S7 but it's design impact was more striking than serene. I am not a big fan of Ferrari's designs for these reasons. BTW I think Luc should put round or oval taillights back on and get rid of the slab light box theory. It's too smooth and will look dated in a few years. These are not Mercedes'. My 2 fav colors are orange and violet. Such a dramatic design+a dramatic color= pure heaven. --Dave

·
Registered
40 Posts
I agree with you 100%. IMO Lamborghini cars are already outrageus and everything is allowed (wings, colors, stripes, wheels), so slapping any color on it will make it just that more respectfull and darring.
And not many car brands can say that, Ferrari being first on the list with ''resale red'' as their customers usual choice (hat down to the more darring ones) :cool:

·
Registered
3 Posts
craftsman said:
The color aspect is something I've been analyzing (mentally)for about 3 years now. I call it color acceptance and think it is related to the integrity of design. Had a chance recently to view a Diablo GT, Saleen S7, F40, F50, Enzo, and 360 all in the same room with each other. All the F cars were red. The S7 was metallic silver, and the Diablo GT was pearl metallic yellow. Only the Diablo gave me a feeling of serenity when I stood in front of it. It was like the Diablo's design is so overwhelming that my mind can not categorize and make sense of it therefore I just have to accept it. IMO that's why it really does not matter what color it is. Question is how much of this is my bias toward Lamborghini and how much is verifiable art. The only other car there that day that had some degree of color acceptance was the S7 but it's design impact was more striking than serene. I am not a big fan of Ferrari's designs for these reasons. BTW I think Luc should put round or oval taillights back on and get rid of the slab light box theory. It's too smooth and will look dated in a few years. These are not Mercedes'. My 2 fav colors are orange and violet. Such a dramatic design+a dramatic color= pure heaven. --Dave
Had a chance recently to view a Diablo GT, Saleen S7, F40, F50, Enzo, and 360 all in the same room with each other. All the F cars were red. The S7 was metallic silver, and the Diablo GT was pearl metallic yellow.

Dave,
Where you did see these cars?
Was the GT up for sale? Was it in a dealer showroom or in a collection?
Do you know the GT's mileage and chass no.?
GT

·
Registered
116 Posts
I saw these cars at the Portland, Oregon auto show. They were all placed in a small room with a very narrow roped aisle between, people just had to file by and see what they could, it was very crowded. The Diablo is owned by the local Ferrari dealer, the 360 and S7 were for sale and the F40, F50, and Enzo, I was told by a Ferrrari salesman. were 1 of two collections of the same suite of cars owned locally. Interested for responses to my tailight "theory". Have a great weekend.--Dave

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have personally assisted 7 F car owners find and purchase Lambo's. Everyone of them says it was the best move they ever made.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts