Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been lurking for a little while but just signed up today.

There are a few models close by available. Both are 2007 models.

Option #1:
Rebuilt title for $75K, listed at $85K (may be able to talk lower)
Front passenger side and door side crash in 2008. Rebuilt and issued a rebuilt title in 2008.
24K miles
Other mods - vertical door kit, glass engine cover
cold A/C and air bags (important since it was a rebuilt title)
Dealer said it drives great and is in great condition (normal dealer speak) but I have been having trouble finding someone to do a PPI on it. He said his service team has been through the car fully and it is good.
Clutch is at 65%
He will give a 30-day warranty
Link: The Rod Shop of Central Florida - Winter Haven, FL - 863-875-5200 - Used Cars, Used Trucks, classic cars, hot rods, rat rods, exotics. Quality Pre-Owned Vehicles.

Option #2:
Nera edition - 32K miles, clean title
clutch at 60-65%
Listed at $97K but will lower to $93K
Autotrader has pics with interior and it is sharp, two-toned black and off-white
Link: https://www.falconautobrokersllc.com/details/used-2007-lamborghini-gallardo/73445572

I work from home and don't drive too much. I also have a Cayenne Turbo and a Maserati Gran Turismo. Just looking to add another toy and enter the Lambo world. I really want to go up to an Aventador, but my wife will kill me if I spend that much on a vehicle. While it is childish, I really like the idea of being able to put the doors up. Kids will always be asking if the doors go up and I imagine they will be disappointed to hear "no" if I buy a normal, un-modded Gallardo. I understand this particular mod hurts resale and is frowned upon by many in the Lambo community.

Service costs are not really a major concern like they should be. I just need to get the "buy" cost down low enough to appease the wife for a 3rd vehicle. As a result, $100K is probably my top-end spend at this time. If I have to spend money in the first year, she will probably consider that the same as spending up front. Beyond that I should be good. :)

Thanks for any insight or suggestions you can provide.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Go with number 1, vertical doors and other mods will make it a show winner - Those mods would be appealing at car shows. Everyone has opinions and different taste in cars. The color blue is nice. Rebuilt title and the selling dealer is willing to give you a 30 day warranty! Hell most pre-owned exotic dealers won't do that for any of the cars they sell - That's peace of mind. If you plan to keep the car for awhile I would not worry about the rebuilt title. Get a PPI.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Personally, I would go with the Nera. Its a clean title, a special edition, and seems like a good value. I would definitely get a PPI before going with either purchase though!

As for the doors going up, I'm really a purist when it comes to Lambo doors. I prefer to leave that to the V-12s. You'll have people ask about why the doors dont go up from time to time but I just tell them that "Scissor doors are for the big boy V-12s" and laugh. Its not really a hit to my ego or anything. I love my car for what it is, not what it isn't :D

·
Registered
88 Posts
Personally, I would go with the Nera. Its a clean title, a special edition, and seems like a good value. I would definitely get a PPI before going with either purchase though!

As for the doors going up, I'm really a purist when it comes to Lambo doors. I prefer to leave that to the V-12s. You'll have people ask about why the doors dont go up from time to time but I just tell them that "Scissor doors are for the big boy V-12s" and laugh. Its not really a hit to my ego or anything. I love my car for what it is, not what it isn't :D
This 100%. Adding vertical doors to a G is lame. Definitely go with the Nera.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the input.

How did you guys find someone willing to give a PPI? I called around to dealerships and anyone I saw who sold or serviced them and they all said they don't do that due to liability reasons.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I would never buy a rebuilt title car. There was a guy on here having trouble recovering an insurance claim on a salvage car which illustrates one of the reasons. But wont go into them all.

My advice is buy the nicest car you can find. Money spent now will be well worth it down the road.

If you are up in the 93-95 range, there are cars with half the miles for only a few thousand more. Eg low 100's for 15k mile cars.

Just think about the ownership and how long it will take you to drive 15k miles. When you go to sell the car it will also be easier to sell. From what I have seen, once you hit 25-30k miles, these cars really start falling off in value. Buy a lower mile car. Enjoy for a few years and probably have less issues in a lower mile car and still have an attractive one to sell down the road.

Good luck

·
Registered
172 Posts
100% Nero. So many good reason's to go w/ this option. It'll cost a little more but as they say you get what you pay for. A rebuilt title when it comes to a day you want to sell it you'll see it show it's face. Most lambo owners will turn away as well. The vertical doors on the G I personally wouldn't do it. Of course to each his own when it comes to that.
Example: Mine some people would say keep stock. I prefer to modify it to my taste. Not everyone drinks the same type of coffee pretty much :D

good luck in selecting. To get the wife to approve I'd explain why you would need to pay more and see the resale value as one big reason.

Reactions: 1Turbo and ddavison

·
Registered
172 Posts
to answer you about the PPI. Have you reached out to Palm Beach Lambo? Might cost you a little more for the PPI but I'd take it to them for the black one. The blue rebuilt one has even more body mods that have got to go in my eyes aside from the vertical doors.

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Forget the Rebuilt One. If you are buying it as a "toy" and will more then likely want to sell in a few years, now you will have trouble selling this "rebuilt" vehicle. Strike #2 on that car is the Scissor Doors, Thats truly reserved for the V12's.

The NERA already has a Fabspeed exhaust (tell your wife that you're actually saving 5 Thousand Dollars) due to the fact the exhaust is already installed !!! :oops::oops::oops::oops:.

Dont trust any selling dealer that tells you that you don't need a PPI. Unless of course it is a trusted Lambo Dealer (that you already have a relationship with )

Go look at the Nera in person and see if its as Nice in person as the pics make it look.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Forget the Rebuilt One. If you are buying it as a "toy" and will more then likely want to sell in a few years, now you will have trouble selling this "rebuilt" vehicle. Strike #2 on that car is the Scissor Doors, Thats truly reserved for the V12's.

The NERA already has a Fabspeed exhaust (tell your wife that you're actually saving 5 Thousand Dollars) due to the fact the exhaust is already installed !!! :oops::oops::oops::oops:.

Dont trust any selling dealer that tells you that you don't need a PPI. Unless of course it is a trusted Lambo Dealer (that you already have a relationship with )

Go look at the Nera in person and see if its as Nice in person as the pics make it look.

Good Luck.
Y
I've been lurking for a little while but just signed up today.

There are a few models close by available. Both are 2007 models.

Option #1:
Rebuilt title for $75K, listed at $85K (may be able to talk lower)
Front passenger side and door side crash in 2008. Rebuilt and issued a rebuilt title in 2008.
24K miles
Other mods - vertical door kit, glass engine cover
cold A/C and air bags (important since it was a rebuilt title)
Dealer said it drives great and is in great condition (normal dealer speak) but I have been having trouble finding someone to do a PPI on it. He said his service team has been through the car fully and it is good.
Clutch is at 65%
He will give a 30-day warranty
Link: The Rod Shop of Central Florida - Winter Haven, FL - 863-875-5200 - Used Cars, Used Trucks, classic cars, hot rods, rat rods, exotics. Quality Pre-Owned Vehicles.

Option #2:
Nera edition - 32K miles, clean title
clutch at 60-65%
Listed at $97K but will lower to $93K
Autotrader has pics with interior and it is sharp, two-toned black and off-white
Link: https://www.falconautobrokersllc.com/details/used-2007-lamborghini-gallardo/73445572

I work from home and don't drive too much. I also have a Cayenne Turbo and a Maserati Gran Turismo. Just looking to add another toy and enter the Lambo world. I really want to go up to an Aventador, but my wife will kill me if I spend that much on a vehicle. While it is childish, I really like the idea of being able to put the doors up. Kids will always be asking if the doors go up and I imagine they will be disappointed to hear "no" if I buy a normal, un-modded Gallardo. I understand this particular mod hurts resale and is frowned upon by many in the Lambo community.

Service costs are not really a major concern like they should be. I just need to get the "buy" cost down low enough to appease the wife for a 3rd vehicle. As a result, $100K is probably my top-end spend at this time. If I have to spend money in the first year, she will probably consider that the same as spending up front. Beyond that I should be good. :)

Thanks for any insight or suggestions you can provide.
Be careful with the first one....the VIN # shows that it is a convertible but it presents as a coupe in the photos.
ZHWGU22T07LA05045
I wonder why this would be??? Maybe it happened after the wreck in 2008?

Good luck with your search! I do like the Neras..

·
Registered
324 Posts
A few things. When you open door, see how long the e-gear pump runs. It should not run more than 5-10 seconds and cycle off. Dont start the car and just look around. It should hold pressure and not need to cycle on and off.

When you drive the car do some tight turns. A little grumble from the AWD is normal, but make sure it is not excessive when maneuvering at low speeds turning.

Make sure front lift operates properly and see if you can see any dripping from front end. That is a BIG cost to fix.

No CEL's. Yes exhausts will 'throw codes' but you dont want to buy a car with active codes. Many states you can not inspect a car with a CEL on so at some point you need a car that can run code free.

Really look for a pedigree of maintenance. The differences a poorly maintained 30k mile car and a properly maintained one are HUGE. Especially on a motor running to 8500 rpm. Dont take a crap shoot on no history with a car with some miles. With history, much less to worry about.

A PPI is pretty much a must on these cars. Get it done by someone that car read the clutch snap reading. Very few indy shops have tools that can read pre-lp cars. Ask if they have a LARA or confirm they have a scanner that read. Lambo dealers will have the ability.

Good luck. All I can think of now.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD (Ordered)
6,372 Posts
Option 2 without a doubt but let me give you a possible third option for around the 100K price point. @Itsagoodday has a beautiful Gallardo Spyder for sale check out the link, it's already had a PPI at Charlotte Lamborghini and only has 15K mile on it. Happy Hunting!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I’ve always been told to never buy a car with a rebuilt title so I always stay away from it. I’m in the market as well, I reached out to Falcon Auto on that exact car. They told me the clutch snap was at 60% life remaining, but had 0 documentation or service records to confirm anything with the car. That was enough for me to go elsewhere. Best of luck!

·
Registered
2011 LP560-4 Spyder / Blu Fontus
271 Posts
So seems like you passed on the R-title deal which is good. No matter how nice they are you will regret it the day you decide to sell it. Most dealers will not even accept it as a trade-in. Enough said there.... I bought my LP Spyder last month (19k miles 2011 LP560-4 Spyder) middle of winter here in PA and I won't publicize what I paid but it was $20k less than the original asking from Sept. I was looking through all the usual sites, Autotempest, Cars.com, Autotrader, and found some but didn't find 'the one'. I found it on Facebook marketplace and it was from one of the biggest dealers here in PA that has 22 Franchised locations and had been up for sale since Sept 3, over 4 months. I got a terrific deal because they were looking to move it and who buys a convertible in the middle of Winter... here is a copy of my post to another undecided member -- Oh yeah, then there's the 1st Gen or 2nd Gen question....I had mine narrowed down to a 2007 or a 2011 car. Almost identical mileage and the difference was $8000. Everybody raves about the sound of the pre-LP cars. OK, I get it but didn't they improve just about everything after 2009 ?? More HP, better shifting, all the body, lights, bumper enhancements, etc... To me, $8k was worth sacrificing a sound I don't even know that I'm missing because this thing sounds absolutely beautiful enough to me!!
Motortrend article that helped with my decision - First Drive: 2009 Lamborghini Gallardo LP 560-4 Spyder
The structural integrity was also a concern of mine because I've had a Mustang and an M3 convertible and you couldn't even latch the top closed on the Mustang with one wheel jacked off the ground. The BMW was better, but still creaks and groans. This Lambo is solid, so I verify the quote from the article, ".Too often, convertibles suffer from a lack of structural rigidity, particularly in the case of a monocoque-chassied coupe that's gone under the knife. Not the case here: The LP560-4's spaceframe structure, which also draws strength from the body panels, banishes the entire notion of chassis flex. No matter how uneven the pavement and how aggressively we aim for the bumps, there's no discernable body wiggle or cowl shake. Top up, it's quiet inside, with no squeaks or rattles. "
One thing I thought was particularly cool and didn't even know until a month ago was that the back window has its' own switch for up and down. Want to amplify those sounds, but drive with the side windows and top up? It's a beautiful thing I don't believe you can do with a coupe. BUT, ultimately it really boils down to how you're going to use it. Mine is a 5th car here in the Northeast and will get used only 6 months out of the year w/ less than 2500 mile/year. There will Always be a faster car, but there are not too many 500+ hp mid-engine droptops out there to mess with you so get what you LIKE !!

·
Registered
2011 LP560-4 Spyder / Blu Fontus
271 Posts
Ooops, in my excitement I forgot my whole point...... SEARCH EVERYTHING. The place I bought mine from failed to market that car effectively. 1) They only had it advertised on Facebook, seriously? 2) The pictures were horrible, somebody had the front end all jacked up, never set the lift down, didn't make the connection other than it didn't look right 3) Looked Black in the picture but is was actually the Blu Fontus I WAS looking for 4) Couldn't tell what year it was until actually clicking on the listing which I probably passed over 10 times before the price (dropped) caught my attention and THEN I clicked on it to find out it was a 2nd Gen 2011 priced nearly at what a 1st Gen would be !! Moral of the story, check everything, don't judge a book by its' cover sort of thing

·
Registered
324 Posts
Option 2 without a doubt but let me give you a possible third option for around the 100K price point. @Itsagoodday has a beautiful Gallardo Spyder for sale check out the link, it's already had a PPI at Charlotte Lamborghini and only has 15K mile on it. Happy Hunting!

Ha! Always an option ;) I am really going to wait till it comes off consignment agreement in a couple weeks till I really put it out there. I have zero issues saying it is one of the cleanest spyders I have seen. Not even a single rock chip on the car. No swirl marks...nothing. A tiny chip about the size of a pepper flake on the door handle is all I have ever found.

There are a few local guys who approached me with standing offers close to my asking. But you know how that goes....lots of guys talk but a car is not sold till the actual money changes hands.

One thing for me with any lambo I was shopping for, was it had to be a color with "POP". Same is true searching for an H. I am OK with black, but to me, Lambos are really best enjoyed with a color that is anything but subtle.

In the end, hope the OP finds what they are looking for. Looks like I will be owning 2 lambos for a while since I rejected the offers that came in last week. He offered 102500 to the dealer. After paying consignment fee, it was not worth it for me.. But he has Charlotte Lambo do a full PPI. So it has had two sets of eyes on it. Before the dealer would consign it, he had it get a bill of health from Eurofed Charlotte. ("Good" dealers, who build good reputations wont sell exotics that they are unsure of their health....so note what any dealer is offering when the sell a car) He might counter, but if his number does not come up I will list car myself after consignment is up.

http://instagr.am/p/CK1nu_Hps62/

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD (Ordered)
6,372 Posts
@Itsagoodday that is one beautiful Gallardo Spyder, and like you, I love my sports cars to be colorful and fun. I especially like the matching yellow interior and yellow calipers.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I do love yellow and that one looks super sharp. I really want a coupe though, since I live in Florida. We can get a sudden rain in a moment’s notice. I also like the look of the hard tops.

The Nera (option 2) looks and drives clean. Sound is fantastic with the exhaust.There are some paint swirls and small rock chips. A few other minor issues I spotted. The check engine light popped on while driving it spiritedly, and the seller said that was because the cats were removed for the fabspeed exhaust. It also spits fire and I could see signs of this by the exhaust tips. How do you guys with aftermarket exhaust handle those issues, or is that expected?

Stereo is aftermarket. I assume that is acceptable from a resell perspective or do people prefer everything stock?

The seller does have a shop and they are close enough to me to work on it, if needed. I took a tour of their shop with the seller and I checked them out on Google reviews. Still looking around for a third party to do a PPI.

1 - 20 of 119 Posts