Lamborghini Talk banner

Help Identifying a SVR Seat

401 10
Hello,

I purchased a seat as part of a lot of items what I believe is an 1996 SVR Seat.

Plant Motor vehicle Automotive design Grass Vehicle

Automotive lighting Musical instrument Fender Bumper Helmet

Grey Font Electric blue Pattern Gas

Automotive lighting Grille Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design

Full gallery here with higher resolution photos

The other items in the lot were similar vintage race equipment, some random pieces from race cars with identifiable livery, and the like. I suspect it is real, but this is realms I don't play in and wonder if anyone can help identify this seat.

Any help would be appreciated.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
Hello,

I purchased a seat as part of a lot of items what I believe is an 1996 SVR Seat.

View attachment 321292

View attachment 321293

View attachment 321294

View attachment 321295

The other items in the lot were similar vintage race equipment, some random pieces from race cars with identifiable livery, and the like. I suspect it is real, but this is realms I don't play in and wonder if anyone can help identify this seat.

Congratulations on your second post in 12 years!!! That must be a record.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Congratulations on your second post in 12 years!!! That must be a record.
Yes, I went to create an account and was told I already had one registered to my email. I have no idea why I would have joined up before now an apparently my previous activity is to old and is not stored. Reset my password and here I am to quadruple my activity!

·
Premium Member
1,989 Posts
Hello,

View attachment 321292

View attachment 321293

View attachment 321294

View attachment 321295

I don't think there is HA 677 in OMP line up. Or it's not in the catalog because the product is very old.

·
Premium Member
1,989 Posts
Hello,

View attachment 321292

View attachment 321293

View attachment 321294

View attachment 321295

I did some more digging and found that there is an OMP model HA 678 that was certified with FIA 885-1992 in 1997. But I couldn't find any info about the predecessor HA 677. From the label it seems to me that the seat was FIA 885-1992 certified and has manufacturing date of April 1996. I think the seat is most likely original.

For appraisal value, IMO this seat is worth about $100 at most on its good day since it has deep scratches all the way to the carbon. The restoration work probably cost more than buying a new model. Different story if someone famous has sat on it, however, but you need photos to confirm that.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I did some more digging and found that there is an OMP model HA 678 that was certified with FIA 885-1992 in 1997. But I couldn't find any info about the predecessor HA 677. From the label it seems to me that the seat was FIA 885-1992 certified and has manufacturing date of April 1996. I think the seat is most likely original.

For appraisal value, IMO this seat is worth about $100 at most on its good day since it has deep scratches all the way to the carbon. The restoration work probably cost more than buying a new model. Different story if someone famous has sat on it, however, but you need photos to confirm that.
Thank you, I really appreciate the effort.

Unfortunately, I don't have a way to pull up back history on the seat itself. I bought it from an estate sale from a long term collector who had a huge collection of extremely unique things, but record keeping of the histories of a lot of pieces have been lost or would be oral only at this point.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you, I really appreciate the effort.

Unfortunately, I don't have a way to pull up back history on the seat itself. I bought it from an estate sale from a long term collector who had a huge collection of extremely unique things, but record keeping of the histories of a lot of pieces have been lost or would be oral only at this point.
I'm told Hagerty should have some write ups about pending additional auctions soon for the major auction items in closing the rest of the estate

1 - 11 of 11 Posts