• Verde Mantis (3M Gloss Grass Green)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok - I literally change my mind every day - I know the wrap is not permanent so I can always switch it up if need be, but I REALLY want to try and nail it the first time.

My car is currently Nero Helene and got a solid deal on it so I knew I was going in with the intention of wrapping it another color. The black has honestly grown on me more and more but still think I want to wrap it for fun.

The car has the front clip with clear PPF and I will be adding the clear PPF to the rest of the car next week to protect the factory paint. I also want it on the entire car so that it adds an extra layer of protection under the vinyl wrap.

Here is what I have think I have narrowed it down to:

-Miami Blue
-Verde Ithaca or Mantis
-Viola Parsifae
-Xpel Stealth PPF - In which case I would not do the clear PPF as stated above, and just do the whole car in the stealth PPF to give that satin black look

Color is obviously so subjective but would love to hear from those that have wrapped their cars or seen some of these colors in person. It's tough to judge with the countless Youtube videos, Instagram pics, etc that I have been watching :ROFLMAO: The only one I have seen in person on a Performante is the Stealth PPF which looked great. I have also seen Verde Mantis but not as a wrap.

FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS. This is just for fun and bored since my biz has been a bit slow due to COVID this week - Hope all are staying safe.

(Not a wrap I don't think)

My car how it sits currently:

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
13,032 Posts
I understand completely. Deciding on the right color is extremely difficult. I change my mind weekly on my new one.
Verde Ithica is dramatic and really stands out. Verde Mantis in nice but too dark for me. Miami blue is very nice and really looks good. It is safe and pretty, and will get plenty of compliments. I don't like chrome wraps at all, they look artificial and over-done. However I am starting to like the Purple colors (VIOLA). Good luck!

Reactions: zee

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I understand completely. Deciding on the right color is extremely difficult. I change my mind weekly on my new one.
Verde Ithica is dramatic and really stands out. Verde Mantis in nice but too dark for me. Miami blue is very nice and really looks good. It is safe and pretty, and will get plenty of compliments. I don't like chrome wraps at all, they look artificial and over-done. However I am starting to like the Purple colors (VIOLA). Good luck!
Thanks Russ! you have been super helpful. I ordered a sample of the Ithaca match and its definitely a contender. Miami blue does look awesome as well but only seen it live on a GT3.

·
Premium Member
13,032 Posts
Yes that is the exact wrap I used on my Gallardo, and I loved it. I never got tired of it and in fact I sold the car with it still on.
I have also on seen Miami blue on a Porsche, but I really like that color. Perhaps you need to get some samples of it and compare next to each other with the Verde?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes that is the exact wrap I used on my Gallardo, and I loved it. I never got tired of it and in fact I sold the car with it still on.
I have also on seen Miami blue on a Porsche, but I really like that color. Perhaps you need to get some samples of it and compare next to each other with the Verde?
Good to know! Yes I am waiting for the Miami Blue samples to come. For the Ithaca, did you feel it ever was too light or looked to yellowish at times in the sun? Or did it pop really nice and actually look like the factory paint? Any orange peel or issues with yours? I know it really depends on the installer for the most part. I wish I could see some videos of your wrap on your G!!

·
Premium Member
13,032 Posts
No it never came across as too light, just a perfect shade with a nice amount of pearl. No yellow in any kind of lighting and no orange peel. No one ever knew it was a wrap, but I give the credit to my installer for doing such a nice clean job. I'll see if I can find some more pics.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No it never came across as too light, just a perfect shade with a nice amount of pearl. No yellow in any kind of lighting and no orange peel. No one ever knew it was a wrap, but I give the credit to my installer for doing such a nice clean job. I'll see if I can find some more pics.
Thanks man you rock!!

·
Premium Member
13,032 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,032 Posts
One more.

Reactions: Huracaan and zee

·
Registered
121 Posts
how about a fluorescent orange? I saw this car coming out of the car wash when I was over there picking up my 600LT after having it PPF'ed. Don't know what the name of this color is but that wrap was extremely eye popping. It was absolutely glowing even though the sun wasn't even out.

·
Premium Member
13,032 Posts
That orange is wild, I like it on the roadster because the black contrast blends nicely.

·
Premium Member
13,032 Posts
You really think your dog can beat mine!

·
Registered
298 Posts
Normally, no. But if he’s motivated, he can reach 35MPH IN 3 strides.
6388F2BD-EF58-43DC-8C5D-7111B557394A.jpeg

·
Premium Member
13,032 Posts
He must be a greyhound?

Reactions: keeperdean

·
Premium Member
Aventador Roadster SV, Huracan Performante, Gallardo Performante
1,957 Posts
Inozetek is so ahead of the wrap game, that just their tech alone makes the blue a top contender.

·
Premium Member
1,957 Posts
how about a fluorescent orange? I saw this car coming out of the car wash when I was over there picking up my 600LT after having it PPF'ed. Don't know what the name of this color is but that wrap was extremely eye popping. It was absolutely glowing even though the sun wasn't even out. View attachment 286595
I would also like to know what color this is. I'm guessing it's Avery Satin Orange. Strange that a satin color would "pop" so much in person, but I consider that a good thing. That means that my Hexis gloss (see pic below) I'm putting on my AV is gonna really pop.

wrap.jpg

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Inozetek is so ahead of the wrap game, that just their tech alone makes the blue a top contender.
is the quality of the Inozetek that superior over 3M and Avery?

·
Premium Member
1,957 Posts
is the quality of the Inozetek that superior over 3M and Avery?
Far superior, by leaps and bounds, like 2020 vs 2010 cell phone comparisons.
All the other companies have been outclassed by a huge margin.
I couldn't choose them because they don't have the color I want yet because they're such a new company.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts