Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As previously mentioned I am suffering from repeated O2 sensor failures as I have already replaced them 7 times thus far and now need an 8th. I have an 05 Gallardo with Fabspeed cat-bypass and LOC exhaust. I do not know why this keeps happening and all I can do is go by what the Lamborghini dealership/service tells me which is that the design of the LOC exhaust is the sole cause of repeated failure due to excessive moisture/carbon build-up on the sensors caused by exhaust. Many lambo owners disagree that LOC is the cause but the truth is that I just want to find a solution and nothing more. So after researching I am really hoping I can get some suggestions on the following questions:

1. My lambo dealership just quoted $673 to replace 2 sensors, of which one is the repeat offender. If I replace them myself, what should I pay for the sensors and where should I get them? The part number that the dealership always shows for the O2 replacement sensor is 06A906262AT which begs the questions:

2. The dealership said this time that two O2 sensors failed. Does my 04 gallardo with fabspeed cat-bypass and LOC exhaust only have two O2 sensors then? I "thought" that there is one sensor before and after the cat on each of the exhaust pipes which would mean 4 sensors but I dont know if that changes with cat-bypass pipes and LOC exhaust.

3. Would changing the O2 sensors myself be very difficult? Are we talking 10 hours or 2? Is there anything other than the actual sensors I would need to do this(specific tools, other parts such as O2 sensor socket)?

4. Lastly, I am VERY interested to hear thoughts from everyone on this thing I just found when looking for solutions: http://www.magnumtuning.com/en/detail/ez-c...do/5-0l-v10-40v - This gadget supposedly stops this from happening in the first place and it's cheap but just sounds too good to be true. Does anyone have any experience/thoughts on this???

I sincerely appreciate everyone's help!

·
Registered
749 Posts
Replacing the two sensors after the cats, in the exhaust, not the test pipes would be straight forward if you had an 02 sensor socket, as they are easily seen if you take the tray off behind the air boxes. The connecors, on the other hand, a hidden under the rear wheel well liner, so removing the tires is necessary. Less than 2 hours your first time? Faster the second.

The O2 sensors in the test pipes are buried under the air boxes, so the engine beauty panels comer out, then air boxes. The passenger side is easily accessible with an O2 socket, the drivers side I think you'll need to try it with a 22mm wrench, but can't be sure...... I haven't tried it. 3 hours for those I'd guess?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts