Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello G lovers, I am living in Switzerland and here the rules are pretty strict. Recently I have bought my Gallardo spyder 2006 and during the check I have been warned because my G is mounting a Racing Capristo apparently not allowed. I need to pass this check in order to drive my car so I need to know what can be the easiest, fastest and cheapest solution.
I have considered mounting an original exhaust but the Lambo garage said it's about 8K, and it's necessary to be ordered + 1.5K to be installed.

I have seen there is also an homologated version of the Capristo and I am waiting for a price quotation the dealer will provide me tomorrow (will be around 5k exhaust + installation).

Do you have other suggestions?

Thank you
Radostin

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Somebody probably has a stock exhaust you could throw on for next to nothing. They are worthless as so many people put aftermarket exhausts on and have the stock exhausts just sitting. Thrown on a stock exhaust, go pass the test and then put your aftermarket exhaust back on. Pain in the butt but might be the cheapest way to do it.

·
Registered
718 Posts
+1

Solution 1: Start calling all shops that work on Lambos, including new and used dealerships (surrounding countries also). Somebody will have one laying around that you can buy cheap. Hell, I know of at least 3 shops in the US that scrap factory exhausts all the time.

Solution 2: Call Capristo and see if they can help you out by selling you a valve kit, or figuring other solution for you.

Somebody probably has a stock exhaust you could throw on for next to nothing. They are worthless as so many people put aftermarket exhausts on and have the stock exhausts just sitting. Thrown on a stock exhaust, go pass the test and then put your aftermarket exhaust back on. Pain in the butt but might be the cheapest way to do it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts