Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an LP640 with Carbon Ceramic rotors/brake and 19K miles. They squeal intermittently at slow stops and it doesn't matter what the ambient temperature or the brake temperature are.

The pads have plenty of life left on them. I had the same issue with my Maserati GT (non ceramic rotors) and I had to replace the pads with after market pads to eliminate the squealing.

Any help/tip is appreciated.

·
Registered
LP640
2,278 Posts
You can always do a hard brake from a higher speed and that should scrub off whatever is making noise (usually dust build up).

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can always do a hard brake from a higher speed and that should scrub off whatever is making noise (usually dust build up).
Thank you white out! I will give it a try.

On my Maserati, I was told to do a series of hard breaking from 60-70 MPH, however, it was a temporary fix and the squealing always came back, replacing the pads to aftermarket pads did the trick.

Does anybody know if there are aftermarket pads for Murci?

·
Registered
422 Posts
BTW, you did do the recall from Lamborghini on your ceramics, right? Its free, and they are related to bolts that are at risk of failing if not replaced (if the car was ever exposed to corrosive salt).

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BTW, you did do the recall from Lamborghini on your ceramics, right? Its free, and they are related to bolts that are at risk of failing if not replaced (if the car was ever exposed to corrosive salt).

The recall was performed before I bought the car.

I bought CRC Disc Brake Quiet from Amazon and had my mechanic put it on the back of the pads. The noise is 95% gone. I am very happy with the results.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I show you exactly how we fixed the notorious squeal when I was a tech at Lamborghini Beverly Hills, and what i continue to do at my shop in Beverly Hills. You can do it yourself easily with an empty stretch of highway. I also explain why this happens and the unspoken danger low heat cycles cause on the rotors. Surprise! they aren't lifetime rotors!!!

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
I show you exactly how we fixed the notorious squeal when I was a tech at Lamborghini Beverly Hills, and what i continue to do at my shop in Beverly Hills. You can do it yourself easily with an empty stretch of highway. I also explain why this happens and the unspoken danger low heat cycles cause on the rotors. Surprise! they aren't lifetime rotors!!!

Good stuff! A little dramatic toward the end but extremely interesting! Thx!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts