Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone.

I'm a childishly happy first-time new Gallardo owner (a MY14 560-4), which marks the culmination of an almost life-long dream.

Ever since I was a tiny kid, the exquisite shapes of the Countach, the Testarossa, E-type, AC cobra, and of course the Diablo haunted my room's bookshelves. Later in life the Gallardo came around and for many years now I've dreamt of having one, or at least having access to drive one. In some ways I think these beautiful cars of my childhood led me onto a path in life of working with shapes, mechanics and colors.

And this week it finally happened — I said to myself "heck! it's now or never. I'll only live once."

You would certainly agree with me that the Gallardo is going to go down in history as one of the all-time great beauties, but will probably also be remembered as a drivers' car by us, the drivers and owners.

I just recently joined this website and community, and wanted to say hi.
Hi!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Beautiful car!

excellent choice! i like it in white! and i love the Apollo rims! congratulations! enjoy your car!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thank you, LeoMiami and Apex!

As a newbie, what are the things I should know?

Do I really need fuel with an octane rating of at least 92 AKI (around here in SF Bay Area the highest on pump is 91), or is 91 fine when breaking the engine in?

What is a sensible RPM limit to stay below during the break-in period (of 0-1000mi)? 6k?

Any oddities or details about these cars I should pay extra attention to?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
13,971 Posts
Congratulations & Welcome to the forum!
These cars are amazing and seem to handle 91 octane just fine.
Your G is gorgeous, enjoy every moment.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Congrats and enjoy!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you everyone! Such a positive mood in here :)
And thanks @p997c for the break-in thread link.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Congrats on the car!

I see you are in SF. A group of us are having a C&C meet at SF sports cars in San Carlos this Saturday. Weather will be great. We have a few Lambos going. Come between 9am-noon. Food truck will be there as well.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Congratulations and enjoy for many miles in the best of health!

My advice: DRIVE IT!! They are meant to be driven and enjoyed.

How about some details? Color (I can see it is white - but which white?) Interior? Stick or E-gear? Options? I love the white - but I'm biased ;) (mine is balloon white)

More pics please!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Thank you, LeoMiami and Apex!

As a newbie, what are the things I should know?

Do I really need fuel with an octane rating of at least 92 AKI (around here in SF Bay Area the highest on pump is 91), or is 91 fine when breaking the engine in?

What is a sensible RPM limit to stay below during the break-in period (of 0-1000mi)? 6k?

Any oddities or details about these cars I should pay extra attention to?

Thanks!
Maybe its me, and I don't mean to offend you if you really do not know, but you spent over $200,000.00 and you are asking questions as simple as these two (in quotes above) and you never thought about asking the salesman, or the dealer? You really waited to find this forum and ask? When you picked up the car, you didn't have any questions? I would let it slide if you bought an older one from a private guy, but yours is new. Sorry, doesn't make sense.

·
Registered
60 Posts
rsms, fuel wise 91 is fine and as for the RPM's just don't over rave it. One of the members on this forum state it very well " before you get behind the wheel make sure you tighten the nut behind the wheel"

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
13,971 Posts
Maybe its me, and I don't mean to offend you if you really do not know, but you spent over $200,000.00 and you are asking questions as simple as these two (in quotes above) and you never thought about asking the salesman, or the dealer? You really waited to find this forum and ask? When you picked up the car, you didn't have any questions? I would let it slide if you bought an older one from a private guy, but yours is new. Sorry, doesn't make sense.
I never asked my salesman those questions, because they really don't know. The breaking procedure offered by Grigio is fantastic. I used it on both my cars and it comes from someone who knows. When I bought my first Lambo I ordered it, had it shipped and the first time behind the wheel was backing it out of a container at Matson in Honolulu harbor. I think those questions are good ones and no better place to ask.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts