Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

Registered
2006 Gallardo SE
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, a Lamborghini has been a total unobtainable dream for me since I was a little kid in the 1970's - living in a very remote part of Australia - closest I ever got to one was seeing the Cannonball Run at the drive in movies.
Fast forward 30+ years & I moved to a large city & finally got to see a Diablo or Murcialago (I've still never seen a real Countach).

Then the Gallardo came out & I started lusting after one of those, wow it reminds me of a smaller Countach! - but the new car price was double what I paid for my first house & 4 times my annual salary.

Fast forward another 10 years, I'm on my 3rd house & now I'm ready to take the plunge - well I still flip flop from thinking yes lets do it while I can & no, lets put more $ away for retirement in 15 years..
Well tomorrow, I'm picking up the owner & driving his 2006 SE 10 miles to get a PPI (he doesn't have a drivers license - he lost it for 4 years, 2 years ago), so I will get a good test drive as well.

Got so many things going thru my head of things to check, will the cylinder bores be perfect on the borescope? Will it have excellent even compression? What was that loud groaning noise behind me when I had a quick drive a month ago, is it normal?

I really hope I get a good nights sleep!
Cheers,
Andrew

Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
Congratulations Andrew! Your excitement is completely understandable and most, if not all, of us can relate with memories of our first Lamborghini. Hope all goes well with the PPI! Cheers!

Oh yeah, post lots of pictures!

Registered
Stunning mate

Registered
2006 Gallardo SE
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Stunning mate
thanks, its an old car - it needs things doing but nothing too urgent.

this is my current list!
1. Get paint correction done to the black roof/rear hatch & headlights polished/restored.
2. Replace heater valve solenoids
3. Replace a couple of aircon vents
4. Rear view camera wiring fault (screen goes black when in reverse)
5. Replace gearbox oil (easy)
6. Drive it more :)

Registered
True, they are all fairly easy fixes..I love working on mine鈥 had the heater valve done on mine aswell鈥

Reactions: HonkyLips

Registered
2006 Gallardo SE
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
True, they are all fairly easy fixes..I love working on mine鈥 had the heater valve done on mine aswell鈥
I love taking my cars to this place - $30/hr for a hoist & tools. I went and did the oil on the weekend was going to do the gearbox but getting to the fill plug was too hard. It was only when I got home I realized I could have filled it through the side plug near the driveshaft...

Attachments

Registered
Where is that? Looks great! I always fill my transaxle from the top between the air boxes

Registered
2006 Gallardo SE
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Where is that? Looks great! I always fill my transaxle from the top between the air boxes
a place called 'The Flywheel' - its near Cockburn central. they have 2 post lifts, welders, press - even a large scalectric race track for the kids. $30/hr for the hoists - I dont know how they can keep the place open! Its open 7 days too!

Registered
That鈥檚 insane man鈥鈥檒l try to find one north of the river..

Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
That car is immaculate, looks like a winner. Congratulations!

Registered
2006 Gallardo SE
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Looks to be in incredibly good condition. How many miles does it have on the clock?
you will know you never get the full picture of condition of a car from photos :)

Its far from perfect, but for the $ and my really remote City location that I was able to find it, I'm very happy with it. The silver paint is a 9/10. The black roof needs a buff, but the car has no dents or scrapes etc.

Gallardo's are very rare here! Ones for sale even more so, believe me I tried to buy other cars but no one around here was selling. Only other G worth buying here was at least $50,000 more for the same year/model.

it has has just under 20,000 miles on it, never been apart or had any work done - PPI mech said spark plugs had never been out!
Its been neglected in a garage for the last 3 years hardly driven - the owner lost his license for 4 years!

Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
you will know you never get the full picture of condition of a car from photos :)

Its far from perfect, but for the $ and my really remote City location that I was able to find it, I'm very happy with it. The silver paint is a 9/10. The black roof needs a buff, but the car has no dents or scrapes etc.

Gallardo's are very rare here! Ones for sale even more so, believe me I tried to buy other cars but no one around here was selling. Only other G worth buying here was at least $50,000 more for the same year/model.

it has has just under 20,000 miles on it, never been apart or had any work done - PPI mech said spark plugs had never been out!
Its been neglected in a garage for the last 3 years hardly driven - the owner lost his license for 4 years!
Yes, photographs can be deceptive but let's just say you an accomplished photographer. :giggle:

Apparently, from you other posts you have the skills and desire to make this a project car so, in the end, the Gallardo found the right home. Enjoy!

Registered
2006 Gallardo SE
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes, photographs can be deceptive but let's just say you an accomplished photographer. :giggle:

Apparently, from you other posts you have the skills and desire to make this a project car so, in the end, the Gallardo found the right home. Enjoy!
Thanks, yes this car is a dream for me & I'm sure its the best Lambo I could afford without finance. Its been a great project so far for sure!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts