Lamborghini Talk banner

Hello and some comments...

2747 Views 18 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  kidzvillage
Hello all,
I am a near future Lambo owner, (?) being 48 now, a long life dream seems possible due to my wife's approval of a Countach purchase on my 50th birthday.

As "training" I decided to purchase an older Lotus Esprit, that I think approaches the general layout and size of the
Countach.

I have done a lot of common things to see if I could live with a car like the Countach, I learned lots of basic maintenance skills and I ruined a lot in my Esprit, on my way to learn how to live with a Countach.

If possible, I would like to discuss some of those experiences and learn from Lamborghini owners, about the good and the bad.

I noticed, since I started driving the Esprit, that people react to the presence of the car. Some reactions are good, some are funny, and many times I detect agression.

Am I going paranoid? Big trucks tend to tailgate a lot, they
drive very aggresively to show me something? I have been
chased by people who follow everything I do.

How do you guys deal with this?

I have a lot to learn...
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Premium Member
581 Posts
Don´t worry I am 55 and only got my C/T this year. It is a VERY positive feeling driving the car.
99.9% of reaction is positive and people tend to respect classic cars, unlike newer ones.
Engineering wise, well we could all write a book on it. Get one that has been USED not stored ( provided it has records)
You will need to keep on top of the mechanics and electrics, but overall they are a very strong car, just treat them like a lady, ride them hard and reward them well !!

· Premium Member
581 Posts
Tall people have a problem short people do not. The seats are very adjustable for short people, you need to be seated correctly as the cltch is quite heavy.
It is not a car for evey day driving though and I would hate to be in English traffic jams in one

· Premium Member
581 Posts
Your welcome. Body panels are virtually impossible to find. Any C/T that has a major, or even a minor body accident is almost certainly a write off as far as insurance goes. Either the factory ( VERY expensive) or a dedicated craftsman would have to re shape the body panels which are 1mm thick aluminium.
Don´t even look at a trashed one. There are some beutiful C/T´s available in the US from what have seen.
Take advice from JRV and Raymond Stofer in Switzerland, they seem to know the C/T better than anyone else I have met here on the net

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.