Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Vendor
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We're exited to announce that we have shipped another Hi Tech Exotic Gallardo Kevlar clutch to Perth, Australia. This Kevlar clutch is a for a Heffner LP560 Twin Turbo project that John "Lamboperth" is planning to install.

He was planning to install our Gallardo Kevlar clutch after he installed the Twin Turbo but unfortunately the stock clutch was worn out because of reversing in an incline. Sadly reversing can cause a lot of slipping with any E-gear clutch, stock or Kevlar.

Lamboperth has installed our Gallardo Kevlar clutch and he is in the break-in phase. He has been able to put about 300 miles and he can't believe how much smoother it is that his stock clutch. He is running it in Corsa mode which some customers experience a lot of jerkiness with a stock clutch.

Lamboperth has told us that it's so much smoother with our Gallardo Kevlar clutch and he doesn't experience any jerkiness when he takes off from a red light even in Corsa mode. He was surprised that such a Hi Performance Gallardo clutch can be smoother than a stock clutch and be able to hold up to 1,000 hp. I told him you can have best of both worlds with our Gallardo Kevlar clutch because we set it up perfectly and we use very high quality Kevlar material same as what's used in the aerospace industry.

I will have Lamboperth post more of his feedback here:

http://www.lamborghini-talk.com/vbforum/f141/hi-tech-exotic-kevlar-clutch-outstanding-17194/

You can read more about our Kevlar clutches here:

Kevlar Clutches | Hi Tech Exotic

·
Vendor
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Excellent work Sean, can't wait to see his GoPro videos of hard acceleration pulls with the new combo!
Thanks for the great comment. We are really happy that our Kevlar clutch is smoother than a stock clutch even in Corsa mode.

·
Premium Member
1,785 Posts
We're exited to announce that we have shipped another Hi Tech Exotic Kevlar clutch to Perth, Australia. This Kevlar clutch is a for a Heffner LP560 Twin Turbo project that John "Lamboperth" is planning to install.

He was planning to install our Kevlar clutch after he installed the Twin Turbo but unfortunately the stock clutch was worn out because of reversing in an incline. Sadly reversing can cause a lot of slipping with any E-gear clutch, stock or Kevlar.

Lamboperth has installed our Kevlar clutch and he is in the break-in phase. He has been able to put about 300 miles and he can't believe how much smoother it is that his stock clutch. He is running it in Corsa mode which some customers experience a lot of jerkiness with a stock clutch.

Lamboperth has told us that it's so much smoother with our Kevlar clutch and he doesn't experience any jerkiness when he takes off from a red light even in Corsa mode. He was surprised that such a Hi Performance clutch can be smoother than a stock clutch and be able to hold up to 1,000 hp. I told him you can have best of both worlds with our Kevlar clutch because we set it up perfectly and we use very high quality Kevlar material same as what's used in the aerospace industry.

I will have Lamboperth post more of his feedback here:

http://www.lamborghini-talk.com/vbforum/f141/hi-tech-exotic-kevlar-clutch-outstanding-17194/

Hi Sean and forum members, here is my feedback on the kevlar clutch in my LP560-4.

I have waited till I ran in my e-gear LP 560-4 kevlar clutch on the road as per Sean's recommendations and then tracked the car at a jag club track day before posting my feedback.

It does take time to clock up 800 miles of run -in procedure in two weeks. wifey wondered why i was taking daily 80 mile drives up the coast road north every day!! i loved the entry and exit into the many roundabouts on this drive.

As reported above, i had to change out the oem clutch at 11,000 miles as I had burned out the centre of the factory installed e-gear clutch reversing up our driveway.

There was so much smoke and smell coming out of the back of the G and the engine bay, the wife came out of the house wondering what was on fire!

I was embarrased at my stupidity, to say the least, after reading all the posts on this excellent forum about "never back up inclines in an e-gear in reverse"

So ordered from sean a new Hi Tech kevlar clutch with throw out bearing and clutch position sensor, as opposed to a new OEM clutch as i am going to twin turbo the LP.

Barbagallo Lamborghini installed the clutch as the LP is still under intial 3 year factory warranty.

I followed Sean's recommended 'run in' procedure. Did not exceed 4000 rpm for 400 miles with many gearchanges up and down the range. Then did not exceed 5000rpm for next 200 miles and then increased to 6000rpm for next 200 miles.

My first observation was how smooth the clutch engages, so much so that after first 100 miles i was driving around using corsa only. The corsa mode felt like my oem sport mode with no jolting on up gear changes during the 4000 rpm running period. When increased rpm to 5000, if i flat changed, got a jolt on the up change, but if i backed off the accelerator slightly, no jolt on up change- very smooth.

Same experience when up changing at 6000 rpm. back off on the throttle slightly on the up change and no jolt.

Whenever changing down through the gears at whatever rpm with constant throttle position, change down was smooth.

When first start out with cold engine, I start in sport and then once moving it is into corsa from then on, whether on freeway or in stop/start traffic.

I then took the LP onto the local wanneroo race track at 800 miles at a jaguar club tuning and test day on 21 November 2013.-see photo.

The LP ran beautifully all day up to max track speed of 140 mph on upchanges with slightly modulated throttle and on down changes without adjusting throttle.

So i am a happy camper with the new kevlar clutch purchased from Sean and well installed by Barbagallo Lamborghini.

I have not yet installed the bolt-on Heffner twin turbo, but expect the kevlar clutch to perform as predicted by Sean.

Sean has provided excellent delivery, shipping and back up service.

I can recommend the kevlar clutch for the LP 560-4 as provided by Sean at Hi-Tech. Just remember to follow the recommended run in procedure.

Apologies for the rambling, but i do like how the kevlar clutch has turned out on effectivley my daily driver. I can also recommend the e-gear LP as a daily driver.

The kevlar clutch is everything that Sean said it would be.

cheers,
john

ps I dont back up my driveway incline or any incline any more, even with a kevlar clutch.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts