Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my Murci. 45% left on the clutch. And car looks stunning. Only disappointment is that the roof leather has delaminated. Doesn’t stick up there tight anymore. Any of you have this happen and had it fixed?

pics of car below. Looks like a previous owner had a new head unit put in with a rear view camera as well.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
If I remember correctly, the leather headliner is glued directly to the roof, as opposed to lots of cars that have a removeable headliner. If I am right about that, it's a matter of removing the trim around the headliner, pulling off the old leather, cleaning up the old adhesive, and then regluing to the roof. If there's foam padding between the leather and the roof, then you would need to clean that all up and glue in a new layer of foam.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea, this thing only had .5 inch to spare on each side of the car sitting between the wheels on my ATC trailer. Incredibly tight. I should have hired it out…

·
Registered
2005 Lamborghini Murcielago Roadster & 2007 Lamborghini Murcielago LP640 Coupe
288 Posts
Yes. Headliner is glued to roof. Just have ship regular and you’re good to go.
Love the spec. Looks very similar to mine. Congrats

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes. Headliner is glued to roof. Just have ship regular and you’re good to go.
Love the spec. Looks very similar to mine. Congrats
Can you explain further what you mean? "just have ship regular"? I'm not following with that. My plan is to try to fix it somehow, and haven't worked out the safest and best way to do it yet. No Lambo experts in my area, so might end up trying to do this myself...

·
Registered
2005 Lamborghini Murcielago Roadster & 2007 Lamborghini Murcielago LP640 Coupe
288 Posts
Sorry. Typo. Not ship. Have shop regular it. Upholstery shop should be able to glue headliner. The trick is to have someone reliable that can remove the trim without damaging panels. The panels are soft aluminum so you need to be careful not to damage (dents easily). I learned hard way and had to replace the a pillar.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts