Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know if headlight beams on a left hand drive Gallardo can be converted to right hand drive, e.g. by a lever on the back (like some cars e.g. Audi), or do you have to buy a new pair of headlights?

·
Premium Member
2010 LP560-4
30 Posts
Hey, did you ever get an answer to this?

Does anybody know if headlight beams on a left hand drive Gallardo can be converted to right hand drive, e.g. by a lever on the back (like some cars e.g. Audi), or do you have to buy a new pair of headlights?

·
Premium Member
544 Posts
interesting question, don't even think there would be much of a significant difference. Would like to get someones input on this as well.

·
Registered
267 Posts
What do you mean by left and right hand driver beams ?
Both blow straight
When i changed the 2 bulbs there was no différence between the 2 headlights.
It's not adaptative...(can't follow the steering wheel movment).
Same bulbs,same high tension box
With a screwdriver you Can adjust the light position
Fred.

Envoyé de mon SM-A405FN en utilisant Tapatalk

·
Registered
394 Posts
they have different alignment based on which side of the road you drive. mainly to not dazzle oncoming traffic.

lamborghini have a different part number listing for LHD and RHD headlights, so I dont think there would be a lever or anything to change them over.

·
Registered
624 Posts
I've deeply disassembled the headlights on a previous Gallardo. The simple answer to your question is "no."

The cutoff shield inside the projectors inside the housings are totally different. You can get new projectors that will mount in fairly simply from Retrofit Source, but that involves cutting the whole housing apart. There's no easy way to disassemble the light in the G. You have to scrape and cut the permaseal out and it takes forever.

Having said that, the parts to replace the projectors are fairly cheap. I think you'd get what they call the EVO-R projectors to replace them. They're effectively the same projectors as Mercedes uses. You'd just need the RHD versions of them rather then the LHD versions. If you want to go really nuts, then you can also just replace the cutoff shields inside the projectors, but I've never done that because I don't have the right kind of rivet gun.

Here are the pics I took when I installed clear lenses in my Pre-LP. I did this to sharpen the cutoff line and increase brightness down the road. Don’t mind the color differences, as that’s more due to the white balance of my phone not being locked.

Bare projector with clear lens installed.

Before clear lens

After installing clear lens

·
Registered
624 Posts
wrex is that for lp or prelp headlight?
That's the PreLP headlight. I'm assuming the LP is largely the same though. The Pre-LP headlights had moisture built up in them, so I had to tear them apart anyway. I haven't found a reason to tear down the LP lights yet, although I'd love to do something with them using a better projector setup. These particular ones are only so-so.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts