Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone interested in swapping head/tail lights I just bought a new to me 2012 Gallardo LP550-2 Spyder and the lights have been clear coat tinted. I am looking for a pair that have not been. My corner markers are tinted as well so if you are looking for those tinted I would trade those out.

·
Registered
763 Posts
It actually doesn't look bad at all (though I disagree with tinting headlights for safety's sake, as a rule), I have to say, it's pretty nice! I have an preLP black/black Spyder and only tinted the side markers, but I used a film vs. spray so it can be easily undone.

Congrats on the purchase!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! The look is growing on me, the only problem is they headlights are very dim at night. I will probably just have them sanded/polished. Any recommendations on this?

·
Registered
763 Posts
Yes, you can actually do that. I've had to sand then polish hazed lenses... turned out really well. I think I did 1500-2000 grit (which would be more than enough to take off the layer of tint). Then a nice compound, then polish, then ceramic wax for good measure.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Also, while you're at it, you might want to take care of the oxidation on the upper grill below the rear tail lights. I think there's another thread here on that. The LP version of that grill had a tendency to whiten.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts