Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
940 Posts
I have not been to those places or many Caribbean destinations, but have been to The Cayman Islands of the British West Indies, more specifically Grand Cayman many times over recent years. My family absolutely loves it there. It is a 45 minute flight from Miami to one of the most serene places in the world. It is a relatively small island, about 16 miles long, with two smaller sister islands, Little Cayman and Cayman Brac. The people there are great, the climate is perfect, and it is just wonderful there. So details..
- 7 Mile Beach - 7 miles of pure WHITE sand.
- Crystal clear blue water with minimal wave action - great for relaxing in the water
- Scuba diving is incredible there...the visibility is easily 250 feet with 80 degree waters, but I don't know if you dive...there are some incredible sights to see there, such as Stingray City, and The Wall (the bottom of the ocean is about 65 feet..until the wall..a sheer drop off to 25,000 feet)
- Very nice climate, does not get unbearably hot or humid (I can vouch for that as we often go in the middle of Summer)
- Loads of incredible fine dining with excellent options, and plenty of great 'normal' restaurants
- Tons of activities to do - scuba, snorkeling, wave runners, sailing, fishing, etc
- Not a lot of people to deal with on cruises; when cruise ships come in, the people disperse and don't really annoy you
- DUTY FREE SHOPPING. We purchased all of our nice watches down there for much less than we would have paid up in the US
- Picture perfect sunsets
- I could go on and on and on...

I have no idea if this island would be in your consideration, but I urge you to look it up. We have looked into the islands you spoke of and this island was always a much cheaper alternative and was a more hospitable place (cheaper and we stay in 3 bedroom luxury condos for good prices). I heard in Anguilla and St. Croix that hotels have bug nets on the bed due to the immense amount of mosquitoes..That problem does not occur in Grand Cayman. Like I said..I could keep raving about Grand Cayman but I will end this here.

Here is a link to the last hotel we stayed at..It is gorgeous. Beachcomber Luxury Condos : 7 Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands - Condo Rental : Home

And here are some pictures of Grand Cayman...I don't have any of my pix from there on this computer.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
WOAH! That is beautiful! I think it's google time! Thanks! :)

I have not been to those places or many Caribbean destinations, but have been to The Cayman Islands of the British West Indies, more specifically Grand Cayman many times over recent years. My family absolutely loves it there. It is a 45 minute flight from Miami to one of the most serene places in the world. It is a relatively small island, about 16 miles long, with two smaller sister islands, Little Cayman and Cayman Brac. The people there are great, the climate is perfect, and it is just wonderful there. So details..
- 7 Mile Beach - 7 miles of pure WHITE sand.
- Crystal clear blue water with minimal wave action - great for relaxing in the water
- Scuba diving is incredible there...the visibility is easily 250 feet with 80 degree waters, but I don't know if you dive...there are some incredible sights to see there, such as Stingray City, and The Wall (the bottom of the ocean is about 65 feet..until the wall..a sheer drop off to 25,000 feet)
- Very nice climate, does not get unbearably hot or humid (I can vouch for that as we often go in the middle of Summer)
- Loads of incredible fine dining with excellent options, and plenty of great 'normal' restaurants
- Tons of activities to do - scuba, snorkeling, wave runners, sailing, fishing, etc
- Not a lot of people to deal with on cruises; when cruise ships come in, the people disperse and don't really annoy you
- DUTY FREE SHOPPING. We purchased all of our nice watches down there for much less than we would have paid up in the US
- Picture perfect sunsets
- I could go on and on and on...

I have no idea if this island would be in your consideration, but I urge you to look it up. We have looked into the islands you spoke of and this island was always a much cheaper alternative and was a more hospitable place (cheaper and we stay in 3 bedroom luxury condos for good prices). I heard in Anguilla and St. Croix that hotels have bug nets on the bed due to the immense amount of mosquitoes..That problem does not occur in Grand Cayman. Like I said..I could keep raving about Grand Cayman but I will end this here.

Here is a link to the last hotel we stayed at..It is gorgeous. Beachcomber Luxury Condos : 7 Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands - Condo Rental : Home

And here are some pictures of Grand Cayman...I don't have any of my pix from there on this computer.

·
Registered
940 Posts
WOAH! That is beautiful! I think it's google time! Thanks! :)
No problem! Let me know if I can answer any questions about it, and I can also pass on photos that I took there showing some other aspects of a vacation there. It is truly my favorite place in the world to go..that being said, I have never made it to the Lamborghini Factory....

SPEAKING OF WHICH - The one downside of the island - I still have yet to find a Lamborghini on it.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks again. Well, the best I have found was a Dodge Viper and one GTR in the USVI. Those cars have no place there though. Too much salt, potholes and cowsl

No problem! Let me know if I can answer any questions about it, and I can also pass on photos that I took there showing some other aspects of a vacation there. It is truly my favorite place in the world to go..that being said, I have never made it to the Lamborghini Factory....

SPEAKING OF WHICH - The one downside of the island - I still have yet to find a Lamborghini on it.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Nassau, Bahamas. Specifically Atlantis. It's pricey, but on the beach, has a waterpark, aquarium, and multiple pools. You gotta go into the Port of Nassau one day and hit up the small shops/restaurants near Straw Market (famous). There's another really nice hotel close to Atlantis that is cheaper but still pretty cool look up the pictures.. amazing:tup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts