Lamborghini Talk banner

Has Lambo given up on straightline speed?

5467 Views 69 Replies 21 Participants Last post by  Human
Before you post...

Yes, I understand that cars are more than just straight line speed.

Anyway, the Huracan EVO AWD is the fastest 1/4 mile production car Lambo has ever produced and yet it's also the slowest supercar from any of the big brands.

All these cars easily gap the EVO, some by multiple car lengths.
  • Ferrari F8 Tributo/488 Pista/SF90
  • McLaren 720S/765LT
  • Porsche 911 Turbo S (992)
  • Tesla Model S Plaid (simply added due to current zeitgeist)
  • (I'm not going to list hyper cars, for obvious reasons)
And again, before you say "But muh engine!" or "But muh interior!" or "But muh looks!" Yes, sure, as said before the H and A offer other things their competitors don't, which subjectively, make their owners happy. That's absolutely true, but objectively, on this specific issue Lambo is getting left behind big time by their competition. And straight line speed is definitely a key metric to supercars.

So the question is -- are they going to address this with their hybrid future? Or just focus on other factors?
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
Huracan Performante Twin Turbo
1,369 Posts
OP if you long for straight line performnace and also enjoy cornering, just TT your Huracan. The V10 is all but bulletproof and for not too much money you can get 1000hp+ that will beat almost anything off the shelf. I can tune my car to factory settings ( 650hp ) by pressing the Strata all go all out with 1100hp on Corsa mode. I wish I did this sooner, it has transformed my ride into a hypercar. BTW I do use the power as we have monthly roll racing events here in Sydney

· Registered
1,369 Posts
The pricing for the Stage 3 plus gets a little pricey at $175K USD at Underground Racing. Are those prices inline with what you know?

Hey mate, yes that does sound pricey but they have the best name in the USA.
My Precision Racing Australia kit installed with their custom titanium exhaust and flex fuel cost me just around $100K AUD so that is like $65-70K? USD for double the horsepower. It comes with a 2 year warranty which was worth it for me as my Lambo warranty ran out.

But its not all about speed, its the rush you feel driving it fast or slow around the neighbourhood. You really need to experience it to fully understand

· Registered
1,369 Posts
Well I am just trying to keep up with @fabo.......he has a Mean Green Rocket-ship on four wheels.
Kumizi has a point...speed is very addictive, I thought a 1100hp was enough, now I am upgrading to 1500hp :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts