Lamborghini Talk banner

Has Lambo given up on straightline speed?

5463 Views 69 Replies 21 Participants Last post by  Human
Before you post...

Yes, I understand that cars are more than just straight line speed.

Anyway, the Huracan EVO AWD is the fastest 1/4 mile production car Lambo has ever produced and yet it's also the slowest supercar from any of the big brands.

All these cars easily gap the EVO, some by multiple car lengths.
  • Ferrari F8 Tributo/488 Pista/SF90
  • McLaren 720S/765LT
  • Porsche 911 Turbo S (992)
  • Tesla Model S Plaid (simply added due to current zeitgeist)
  • (I'm not going to list hyper cars, for obvious reasons)
And again, before you say "But muh engine!" or "But muh interior!" or "But muh looks!" Yes, sure, as said before the H and A offer other things their competitors don't, which subjectively, make their owners happy. That's absolutely true, but objectively, on this specific issue Lambo is getting left behind big time by their competition. And straight line speed is definitely a key metric to supercars.

So the question is -- are they going to address this with their hybrid future? Or just focus on other factors?
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Premium Member
3,128 Posts
Thanks to the launch you can get with AWD the Evo will do sub 2.5 60. Did see a video where Evo was faster than Performante to 60. Probably cause wing hurts on a short run

· Premium Member
3,128 Posts
VF Kit will get you to around 850 hp and that is enough for me and cost installed under $45k. After supercharging 2 R8's and my first huracan and putting over 40k combined on their kits with not a single issue this is the way I will go with new Evo. Also great that it will be installed 30 minutes from me and will take 3-4 days

· Premium Member
3,128 Posts
I'm not 100% sure I will do it yet. Will get car and put a couple thousand miles on car before I decide. Coupe will be faster than my current spyder and if I can get 0-60's at under 2.5 and 1/4 around 10 I may keep it stock. But if I decide I want more then VF will be what I go with. No downside at all from experience with supercharging, car behaves exactly like stock until you want the extra power and keeps the car feeling more NA than going turbo's. Install on my lp610 took 3 1/2 days and I'm sure you can find many component shops in your area to do install. VF will also give you names of shops they recommend.

Reactions: Lambo2018

· Premium Member
3,128 Posts
I have talked with Nik a few times over the years, great guy and very knowledgeable. After my experience of using their kits on both my R8's and Huracan LP610 it is the only option for me

1 - 4 of 4 Posts