Lamborghini Talk banner
21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan Rosso Mars Metallic STO
16,435 Posts
:giggle: @REKIII, where’s the Diet Coke?

Reactions: REKIII

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
I bought mine to enjoy AND show off.

Show off= share my excitement with everyone else.

I mean, come on, I get as giddy as a school girl everytime I see a lambo, why not share that with other people!

Show off does not mean "show other people I'm better, richer, etc.... than they are". I mean, I don't need to buy a car for that, I already know that!! :ROFLMAO::LOL:

·
Premium Member
941 Posts
Diet Dr Pepper is the best tasting soda. But not good for mixing.
I really dislike Diet soda all together, but I found that if you mix enough whisky with Coke Zero it doesn't taste bad at all. I call them Half and Halfs, half whisky half coke zero. lololol.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Has anyone here ever bought a Lamborghini with the only motive just to prove success? Or to prove that you made it? Or show up others that doubted them? I've seen office workers in their 20s have pictures of exotic cars as wallpapers. Does that mean if they somehow were able to afford a Lamborghini, would they be willing to spend everything they had just to barely afford one, or do they only want one if they comfortably afford one. If that office worker found success and realized they could afford a Lamborghini, even if it was totally unnecessary, should they do it to fill the void they had to look at one on their desktop or iPhone wallpaper? If people made fun of you or are haters, will they suddenly wanna hang out with you or think differently?

I rented a Lamborghini once, people notice you alot more. People thought I owned it but I paid like $300 to rent it for 2 hours. Which I thought was very reasonable to get through my life knowing I driven a Lamborghini. While most friends or people I know probably will never drive a Lamborghini in their life and refuse to just rent one.

If I were to do it. It would probably be a novelty for for a month. But then I would realize this car is not practical. I will always be very exhausted from driving it because its always going to be loud and its cramped. It's a weekend car that can only be a weekend car, and I will still need a practical car on the side like a Tesla. But then, the practical car I do drive is much cheaper than Lamborghini which I can only drive sometimes. What can of person can feel a lifetime of work can feel satisfied driving an exotic car?

They are cool to look at, but they are hard to drive. I feel I have to be very careful driving this car because it's on the verge of being a raw race car for professionals and I feel this car can kill me. I could see a stupid person easily crashing this car if they came from a normal car like a BMW 3 series, even an M3. It's really not the same as seeing them in a video game. When I rented it, I felt like I was carrying a machine gun out in public, like something not normal. If I see an exotic car on the road now, I try give them space because I'm aware they have terrible blind spots and they may want room to go fast.
You don't seem to be a Lambo owner. Correct me if I am wrong. Lambo owners tend to be real car enthusiasts who have come a long way to have one. By owning one, if you are showing anything it is your passion for sports cars and not that you simply have money. And given that it is a true top end sports car you better know you are doing when you get into one. As long as you know how to handle a powerful car then you will see the Lambo is actually fairly safe as far as those cars go. But you are very incorrect about the driving experience. I could drive my Hurracan to Miami and back with no problems. It is comfortable and luxurious.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan Rosso Mars Metallic STO
16,435 Posts
You don't seem to be a Lambo owner. Correct me if I am wrong. Lambo owners tend to be real car enthusiasts who have come a long way to have one. By owning one, if you are showing anything it is your passion for sports cars and not that you simply have money. And given that it is a true top end sports car you better know you are doing when you get into one. As long as you know how to handle a powerful car then you will see the Lambo is actually fairly safe as far as those cars go. But you are very incorrect about the driving experience. I could drive my Hurracan to Miami and back with no problems. It is comfortable and luxurious.
Agree, well stated.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Lambo owners tend to be real car enthusiasts who have come a long way to have one.
Maybe this is location dependent, but that's not the assumption I would make, based on my experience with most Lambo owners. I know a handful that are true enthusiasts, but most of the owners I know in person bought a Lambo to portray a certain image to their peers/the public. This is also why I only hang out with a few of them anymore, the rest are too busy taking pictures of their watches and booze with their cars (for social media clout) to be true enthusiasts.

That's actually the only aspect of ownership that I'm not looking forward to when I get my car, being associated with that image/perception.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Maybe this is location dependent, but that's not the assumption I would make, based on my experience with most Lambo owners. I know a handful that are true enthusiasts, but most of the owners I know in person bought a Lambo to portray a certain image to their peers/the public. This is also why I only hang out with a few of them anymore, the rest are too busy taking pictures of their watches and booze with their cars (for social media clout) to be true enthusiasts.

That's actually the only aspect of ownership that I'm not looking forward to when I get my car, being associated with that image/perception.
And chicks! Don’t forget the chicks. When I drive I use my selfie stick to live stream… and can only get 3 chicks in my roadster at a time.

·
Registered
495 Posts
And chicks! Don’t forget the chicks. When I drive I use my selfie stick to live stream… and can only get 3 chicks in my roadster at a time.
What a tragedy!! Someone needs to bring a chick rack to market, to hold all of the other chicks desperately vying for a ride. Pop that sucker on and double the seat space. 🤣

·
Registered
120 Posts
I'm not sure all Lambo owners are enthusiast. I would guess the majority don't do any serious track time. I would characterize Porsche owners as more aficionados of sports cars. The majority of GT3 owners do use their cars on the track. If you own a new Sports or Exotic car, you have money. You own a classic long hood Porsche or a Miura, then you have taste.

·
Registered
2010 Gallardo LP560-4 Spyder Caelum Blu
258 Posts
Well, could be wrong but (my experience) in the Netherlands, Porsche owners are mostly wannabe’s who can afford a nice car without loving it actually (except the older types) And Lambo owners are crying out Vloggers or other kind of Youtubers or they are in the Pharmacy business (read coke and other…). That made me thinking of actually not buying these cars. Now that I buy for myself and not to show off (most people don’t even know I have these cars), I did buy myself that G. And still planning an extra V12. Owning it (sadly) sort of in secret. But enjoying it every second…

·
Premium Member
941 Posts
I would say the larger percentage of any car (yes any) are not enthusiasts.
Toyota camry - Most owners buy as reliable A-B transport, there is a small percentage who REALLY like camrys and modify, have fun with them and are enthusiasts
Rolls Royce - Most owners are people who want to be seen in a Rolls. There are probably a few who are RR enthusiasts
Lamborghini - Most I know and run into (in person) got the car to be seen in a Lambo and use it as an image thing, they are not 'car people' or even enthusiasts. There are a small number of us who are enthusiasts and wanted the car because of what it is, not what it looks like to others.
Porsche - Most owners I know, again, wanted it to say they had a porsche, I've also noticed that porsche guys really like to talk about how much money they've spent on the car, and how much a particular part costs.....always find that weird. There are some porsche owners who bought it to track or are just enthusiasts who gravitated to the porsche brand.
This goes on and on for any car, any brand, etc.

Reactions: 2Tired and Luzifer

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
21,256 Posts
My car is mainly just for me, but I really enjoy sharing it with others. When I bought my first Lambo in 2008 and my 2nd in 2012, both were black. I was trying to not be noticed so much, but once I realized that it still got more attention than I wanted, I decided to let go and buy the colors I really wanted. If it gets too much attention then so be it. Now after 6 cars I really don't care anymore.

·
Premium Member
941 Posts
Enthusiasts :

Enthusiastic of reaching for that goal
Enthusiastic to own one
Enthusiastic to drive one
Enthusiastic to modify one
Enthusiastic to show it to others
Enthusiastic to have succeeded what was once a dream
I agree with that, however we are speaking of

CAR Enthusiasts:

Enthusiastic about the car
Enthusiastic to know about the car
Enthusiastic to drive the car
Enthusiastic to associate with others that have the same car or are interested in the car

You can own a car, be enthusiastic about owning that car and still not be a car enthusiast. It's amazing when I see WTB ads in car forums, or on car groups from people who obviously know nothing about cars in general. That is definitely OK, but don't pretend to be a car enthusiast if that is you.

Maybe I've just been jaded by the amount of horrible people I've met in the car scene.

Reactions: Luzifer and 2Tired
21 - 40 of 67 Posts