Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone here ever bought a Lamborghini with the only motive just to prove success? Or to prove that you made it? Or show up others that doubted them? I've seen office workers in their 20s have pictures of exotic cars as wallpapers. Does that mean if they somehow were able to afford a Lamborghini, would they be willing to spend everything they had just to barely afford one, or do they only want one if they comfortably afford one. If that office worker found success and realized they could afford a Lamborghini, even if it was totally unnecessary, should they do it to fill the void they had to look at one on their desktop or iPhone wallpaper? If people made fun of you or are haters, will they suddenly wanna hang out with you or think differently?

I rented a Lamborghini once, people notice you alot more. People thought I owned it but I paid like $300 to rent it for 2 hours. Which I thought was very reasonable to get through my life knowing I driven a Lamborghini. While most friends or people I know probably will never drive a Lamborghini in their life and refuse to just rent one.

If I were to do it. It would probably be a novelty for for a month. But then I would realize this car is not practical. I will always be very exhausted from driving it because its always going to be loud and its cramped. It's a weekend car that can only be a weekend car, and I will still need a practical car on the side like a Tesla. But then, the practical car I do drive is much cheaper than Lamborghini which I can only drive sometimes. What can of person can feel a lifetime of work can feel satisfied driving an exotic car?

They are cool to look at, but they are hard to drive. I feel I have to be very careful driving this car because it's on the verge of being a raw race car for professionals and I feel this car can kill me. I could see a stupid person easily crashing this car if they came from a normal car like a BMW 3 series, even an M3. It's really not the same as seeing them in a video game. When I rented it, I felt like I was carrying a machine gun out in public, like something not normal. If I see an exotic car on the road now, I try give them space because I'm aware they have terrible blind spots and they may want room to go fast.

·
Premium Member
2022 Rosso Mars Huracan STO
16,515 Posts
The short answer is no. Most of us on this forum own these cars because they are absolutely thrilling to drive and own. Lamborghinis' are mechanical works of art and if you can't appreciate that then maybe sports cars are not for you which is fine. Hard to drive? That's not the case for the vast majority, if not all, of the Lamborghini owners.
Do we own these cars to impress? Well, I drive the backroads of Texas and unless I can impress Cows and Horses I don't thinks so. Maybe I am impressing the farm animals but someone needs to tell me how a Cow or Horse looks when they're impressed. :giggle:

·
Registered
526 Posts
I definitely know some owners who have stretched themselves thin to buy into the brand, specifically for appearances sake. One of those guys told me that he only bought his as an F-U car, for the haters. He also spends far too much of his time and energy trying to prove his success to his peers. I also had a buddy who bought an H specifically because in his mind that was the marker of a successful person. He would take it to the clubs, gym, etc, but very shortly decided that he didn't actually like the car all that much, and just wanted to show off.

I personally think that sort of action and mentality is pitiful, but it's not my money, so I just shake my head and move along.

I do know Lamborghini owners who own them because they love them, but I'm not sure they outweigh the ones I know who bought into the brand for appearances sake (I know at least 30-40 owners).

·
Registered
31 Posts
A stupid person can crash any car, not just a Lamborghini. However, I digress...

I of course only bought mine to prove how truly amazing I am and how big my peen is.

After my morning swim in my Scrooge McDuck vault of gold coins, I then go for a drive. I find that I continuously high five myself while driving it. After buying my first one, my max bench press instantly increased by 200lbs. I can remember looking in the mirror after buying it, and you guessed it, there, standing behind me, I saw Abraham Lincoln, he nodded in affirmation. I knew then what I had to do.

I then flung myself from the highest window of my 11 story, all diamond mansion, where I turned into a mighty and powerful dragon. I flew around all night, roaring at people in dragon tongue about my amazing car and riches, making sure everyone knew.

I finally flew back home, turned back into my mortal, human self, gave my Lambo a thumbs up and a wink, teleported myself to my floating future bed, where my personal 150 person orchestra plays me to sleep.

·
Premium Member
1,571 Posts
I'm not judging because I didn't buy their cars. If they can afford it, they earn the rights to do whatever they wish, be a poser, be an enthusiasts, or not. Why write four long paragraphs to prove a useless point, when the time is best spent on reading educational books to make the world a better place.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
JetHawk/JetFalcon Posting since 2015 and still no Huracan

Back in 2015 our Prelude owning JetFalcon with so much hopes and dreams

Trade Parents' Condo for AV=Profit!

JetFalcon pioneers Groupon rental Lambo experience treats his cars just like his b-itches

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
21,270 Posts
JetHawk I think you’re in the wrong place.

Reactions: redjim and surfah

·
Premium Member
2022 H EVO RWD Grigio Lynx
2,467 Posts
First, I have been a Lambo guy since my formidable years were in the 80s and have always wanted one. However, I’ll admit one of the reasons for my purchase was to make my dad proud. I have lived my life doing anything I can to impress him as he is my hero. His loves I took on as my own. I have a graduate degree from Notre Dame because he wanted to go there. I live on the intracoastal across the street from the beach because he always wanted to live on the beach. He’s always been a sports car guy but never really had the means to have something like this. So, my approach to life for as long as I can remember has been to live so that he could in part live vicariously through me. He’s likely to be gone within the next couple of years so I’m so happy that I was able to get mine for him to experience before God calls him home.

·
Premium Member
944 Posts
There are A LOT of people who buy these cars to be seen in them. From what I've experienced on this forum, few to none are here.
I'm not going to lie, I do enjoy the attention mine brings and it is nice taking my wife to a restaurant and being allowed to park out front, however I've wanted a Lamborghini since I was 5 a saw a Countach at the Milwaukee Autoshow in 1985. When the Gallardo was teased in 2003, I knew that was the car for me, and it took until just this March to have one. I am absolutely in love with the car and added it to my BMW, Lotus, and a few other fun cars. It is the pinnacle of amazing to me, I'm already modifying it and making it my own. It is fun to drive (though soul-less with the egear...fixing that with a gated swap) and I love beating the backroads with it. I live in a smaller town, cars like this are not common, so I usually keep it under wraps, I don't tell many people about it and I don't post on my FB profile about it.
I don't have any issues with the guys who buy these sorts of cars, just to be seen in them, for the most part, they have much more money than me, and are much more successful, and I'm happy for them. I also completely understand that they look down on me for owning the poor mans lambo, and that is OK too.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I have loved cars for as long as I can remember.

I had the Countach poster on the wall.

My goal was to own one someday.

That goal was realized in 2005.

My wife thought I was nuts.

My friends thought I was going through a mid life crisis, which was amplified when I added to the bull pen.

BUT

i didn’t buy the cars to show off to others, I bought them as reward to myself for a lifetime of hard work and good life choices.

Along the way, I’ve met and been able to get to become good friends with an incredible group of people including some on this site.

We have gone on group drives in Canada and the USA

We have been able to raise money for various charitable foundations.

We have let kids sit in our cars and watch their wide eyes and smiles take us back to the very day WE fell in love with cars.

We have granted ride wishes to those who are suffering from terrible medical conditions, and those celebrating anniversaries.

We have let the next generation know that if they study hard and work even harder, they will be able to accomplish any goal they set.

So….I guess you could say we bought the cars to show off. I hope that we are judged in a positive light for doing so.

·
Registered
2016 Lamborghini Huracan LP610-4
47 Posts
It all started with a Big Wheel, then a Cheetah, then a Honda Trail 50............ I've loved driving/riding since I was old enough to walk. A litany of superbikes (Aprillia, Ducati, CBRs, ZX-7s, GSX-Rs) I've owned them all. Then I moved on to sports cars. Honda S2000, Subaru WRX STi (still own these), Corvette Z06/07, Viper, NSX........and finally Huracan. I didn't buy the car to impress people, and quite honestly, the amount of attention this car gets becomes a little tedious here in Saskatchewan.....not so much when we're out at our place in Vancouver. I'm always very gracious and polite when people approach me about the car, but so often they are just looking for a means of raining on your parade: "How do you drive it on the roads we have here in Saskatchewan?".........blah blah blah....... I've had to increase my tolerance level many times over since purchasing this car. My wife and I are huge F1 fans. She is in the Mercedes camp (she has one) and I'm in the Redbull camp (a Honda guy since the Trail 50 ;) ) I was also a flight instructor in both Canada/U.S. before becoming an airline captain for 10 years......... I'm a "car guy". Buying a car like this to impress others sounds like a pretty loud cry for acceptance, a lack of self-worth, a bad case of needy, and an unhealthy dependence on affirmation from strangers......Furruccio wouln't approve.

·
Registered
348 Posts
But then I would realize this car is not practical. I will always be very exhausted from driving it because its always going to be loud and its cramped. It's a weekend car that can only be a weekend car, and I will still need a practical car on the side like a Tesla.
Not practical?! You'd be surprised how many bags of cement will fit in that deep boot :)

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle

1 - 20 of 67 Posts