Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm finding tons of conflicting info about this.

I have an 04 with the regular radio. No screen, no nav.

I've read that if you have the nav unit but never optioned nav, you need to have a dealer flash something to your ECU. I've read if you didnt have the backup camera installed from the factory, you need an ENTIRELY new ecu. I've read to get it to even turn on you need some $170+ wiring harness and an expensive module.

I cant find anything concrete on this. I want it primarily for the backup camera and OEM look. I dont want anything aftermarket. Does anybody know anything about this for sure?

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
Yes, you need a gps and a camera unit which were not available in 04. It’s not quite plug and play and you will need a camera in the spoiler too. OEM is crappy and hardly worth the effort IMO. I just get a phone mount and use a wireless backup cam if you don’t want to keep the existing setup.

·
Registered
189 Posts
If you pull out your current radio, it should have a pin-out diagram on it. You can then compare it to the OEM nav pin-out and see what's needed and what's missing and proceed from there. Lots of photos on eBay and Google showing the OEM nav pin-out so you just need your own to compare.

·
Registered
2008 Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder
52 Posts
Better yet, take the car to a reputable car audio place and upgrade to a modern sound system with a touchscreen display, Bluetooth, Apple Play, and Android Auto. I did and it's awesome. The OEM head unit and speakers suck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.