Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
LP 550-2 Spyder | FI Titanium exhaust | Swift Sport Springs | Fabspeed ECU Tune
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to reach out to the forum and ask if anyone had recommendations for hardwired dash cams. Read some previous threads about this topic, but they were a few years old and did not garner much engagement. I am tired of replacing the battery on my current cam (first-world problems). As far as specs go, I prefer 4K quality and cloud storage, though I wouldn't mind erasing SD cards from time to time.

Also, I have an LP Spyder and was wondering if there were any tips out there for the hardwire install. The Spyders lack the parcel shelf so the install process would be a little different. I'll have a shop install my cam, but the more information the better.

Thanks in advance.
LB

Registered
2011 LP570-4 - Verde Ithaca
I first thought you and I had the same question at the same time..but then noticed you posted it exactly 1 year ago馃槄.. And didn't get an answer, a bit weird as this should be a common question. I read here on the forum that hard wiring (for a radar detector, which is assumingly similar in needs) to the little lights near the windscreen mirror is not recommended. Hence, I'll opt to connect to the fuse box in the passenger footwell and hide the cable going to the camera on the windscreen.
I did this on some other cars and it works well. Ideally, you link to a fuse that's powered even when the engine is off. The camera takes so little juice that it won't drain your battery (unless you don't drive the car for months perhaps). Once done I will post some pics.

Registered
I first thought you and I had the same question at the same time..but then noticed you posted it exactly 1 year ago馃槄.. And didn't get an answer, a bit weird as this should be a common question. I read here on the forum that hard wiring (for a radar detector, which is assumingly similar in needs) to the little lights near the windscreen mirror is not recommended. Hence, I'll opt to connect to the fuse box in the passenger footwell and hide the cable going to the camera on the windscreen.
I did this on some other cars and it works well. Ideally, you link to a fuse that's powered even when the engine is off. The camera takes so little juice that it won't drain your battery (unless you don't drive the car for months perhaps). Once done I will post some pics.
If you aren't going to use a battery backup, I highly suggest using something like the power magic pro, to protect your battery from being drained during parked recording.

Registered
2011 LP570-4 - Verde Ithaca
If you aren't going to use a battery backup, I highly suggest using something like the power magic pro, to protect your battery from being drained during parked recording.
Fair point, though in my case I drive the car every few days and probably 3 times a week. So battery drainage by the dash can shouldn鈥檛 be an issue. The Ferraris didn鈥檛 have an issue with that though my Lotus did so there I switch off the main battery completely to avoid drainage and just leave the car open. To be fair, it probably has a power leak somewhere so I can鈥檛 blame the days cam馃槄. luckily leaving a Lotus unlocked In malaysia is not an issue (mostly).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts