Lamborghini Talk banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
I'm in the middle of wiring my detector and dash cam but I can't find the way to run my wire to the fuse panel.

Specifically from the headliner to the passenger footwell.

How did you guys run thru the A Pillar? And if you had to remove the side panels, how did you do that?

Here is a pic on what I'm talking about. Is that the route to take to wire?

Run it down by where your question mark is. Don’t try the a pillar. U need to remove speaker cover and speaker. It’s much more work.

A pillar needs to come out a half way. Removing it completely is a real pain for me. Remove a pillar just enough to completely take apart that ? Area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
139 Posts
Run it down by where your question mark is. Don’t try the a pillar. U need to remove speaker cover and speaker. It’s much more work.

A pillar needs to come out a half way. Removing it completely is a real pain for me. Remove a pillar just enough to completely take apart that ? Area.

Thanks. That's how I ran it but how do you tuck the wire into this section where the red arrows are at? I can't remove that panel in order to tuck the wires into it to bring down to the bottom.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Unless you are on dead set on DIY. I always take my car to the dealer for this. Techs will know exactly how to do this. In addition I always meet the tech and tip them. I also get their cell number and text if I ever have questions. Tipping goes a long way and I enjoy tipping.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Thanks. That's how I ran it but how do you tuck the wire into this section where the red arrows are at? I can't remove that panel in order to tuck the wires into it to bring down to the bottom.

Only cause we both came from the r8talk, I’ll pm you my number. And also only cause it seems like you got a S63 outside as well.

For others, I don’t have the diy write up ready yet but I’ll post it when I do.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Unless you are on dead set on DIY. I always take my car to the dealer for this. Techs will know exactly how to do this. In addition I always meet the tech and tip them. I also get their cell number and text if I ever have questions. Tipping goes a long way and I enjoy tipping.

Certain things I enjoy doing. This is one of them. Oil changes and maintenance, not so much anymore.

I just know if I do it, it’ll usually come out better than what they do. I had dealer techs do the passport radar. Looked good for the most part. When I was adding the dashcam, I found they bent a few clips so the headliner isn’t as firmly connected as it should have been.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Agreed with John. Sometimes dealer tech do sloppy jobs believe it or not and this project is not too difficult.

I did my R8 Plus dash cam and detector and it was pretty easy but running the cables on the Huracan is a pita.

John.. I just PMd you. Love your comments too

·
Registered
2019 Lamborghini Huracan Performante Spyder
51 Posts
Don't laugh...but I had my Max360 installed in my Huracan at BestBuy as I trusted the guy who did my R8s. Cost $45 and had a warranty since the Max360 is heavy and kept falling off windshield and literally would snap the flimsy RJ-11 jack from the wire. This would cause the fuse to trip. Happened twice and BestBuy fixed it both times.

·
Registered
2019 Lamborghini Huracan Performante Spyder
51 Posts
As I recall it is on the passenger floor space.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Here you go.. It's o nthe passenger side. I tapped into the 2nd fuse one. I've circled the one I used which if I remember was the mirror dimmer fuse.

·
Registered
12,016 Posts
Here you go.. It's o nthe passenger side. I tapped into the 2nd fuse one. I've circled the one I used which if I remember was the mirror dimmer fuse.
That’s great. Thank you. I’ll pass it on.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Ended up just paying a pro guy to come to my house and do it for $150. No headache and he was done in 30 mins. Money well spent in my case because I am not confident to remove any interior panels or touch electrical stuff - good for a piece of mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
12,016 Posts
Ended up just paying a pro guy to come to my house and do it for $150. No headache and he was done in 30 mins. Money well spent in my case because I am not confident to remove any interior panels or touch electrical stuff - good for a piece of mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
So much easier to pay the professionals.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Wow...almost everyone made this job wayyyyyy too complicated.

It’s really simple, grab you dome light on the front side by the windshield and pull that down straight. The front end of the dome light is 2 clips, the rear side has a piece that you just slide in after popping the clips.

2 of wires to the dome light are ignition, I believe the 2 on the right of the plug. Literally T-tap into those wires after testing with a volt meter. You can push the radar plug through the front of the headliner easily and it will come out by the rear mirror.

Once you try this method, I could install one in 5 minutes now and it’s a low draw using the oem fuse without any issues.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Wow...almost everyone made this job wayyyyyy too complicated.

It’s really simple, grab you dome light on the front side by the windshield and pull that down straight. The front end of the dome light is 2 clips, the rear side has a piece that you just slide in after popping the clips.

2 of wires to the dome light are ignition, I believe the 2 on the right of the plug. Literally T-tap into those wires after testing with a volt meter. You can push the radar plug through the front of the headliner easily and it will come out by the rear mirror.

Once you try this method, I could install one in 5 minutes now and it’s a low draw using the oem fuse without any issues.
So I could use a plastic upholstery tool to gently pry to release the clips on the front windshield side? I'm just super paranoid of breaking something. Then having to wedge that thing back in there and wait two months to get a part and drive over a hundred miles to the dealer - lol.

·
Registered
782 Posts
So I could use a plastic upholstery tool to gently pry to release the clips on the front windshield side? I'm just super paranoid of breaking something. Then having to wedge that thing back in there and wait two months to get a part and drive over a hundred miles to the dealer - lol.
Yes but I just pulled it with my fingers, the clips are not hard to pull out. Pull from the front side down and then slide it out.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Yes but I just pulled it with my fingers, the clips are not hard to pull out. Pull from the front side down and then slide it out.
Thank you for that info.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I like/use the V1. I don't like suction cup mounts because they fall off. I bought and tried a highly rated mirror mount. I didn't care for it as the adjustable ball swivel couldn't get tight enough and seemed to easily move. Also, it hung down several inches and obstructed the view in my opinion a little too much. I mounted on the visor and ran the wire on the top side of the visor and came out and tucked it here (red arrow). It may not look like it in the pic because of the angle. But it's an excellent high placement for front and rear. That little piece of chord showing before the tuck doesn't bother me in the least. I was inspired by all of the posts on this thread so I tackled it myself.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts