Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was the owner of a 04 Murcielago e-gear that i lost due to an unfortunate accident in which the car ended up in flames.

I'm thinking of getting another one... I dont know whether to get the Coupe or Convertible. Anyone have any opinions on the convertible? The coupe was an awesome car. Is the convert just as fast ? Do you lose any handling/stiffness in the convertible?

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
Looks like you are 26YOA....what do you do and where are you located..........I have o3 Murcie coupe and have 05 (6 speed) convert on the way.......when I test drove it was just as great as the coupe.....according to factory there is NO difference in performance....I think I fell more secure in the coupe at higher speeds....and of course it is a more day to day car then the convert.........you can only go up to 100mph with the converts temp canvas top...........pull the trigger and get both.....replace the damaged one with insurance money and just get a convert also.......hell every time you get a great girl you wish she had a twin.......don't you......... :wave: !

·
Registered
59 Posts
Both the Coupe and the Roadster are very beautiful - so it's a nice choice. However the shower cap on the Roadster takes a team of mathematicians to assemble and there's also considerably more body flex and a lot more (wind) noise than the Coupe.

So it depends where you live - if the sun will always shine and you don't have to fling it around twisty mountain roads, get the Roadster! If you live in Switzerland - get the Coupe!

·
Registered
62 Posts
I actually didn't notice any additional body flex in the roadster. I Currently own a gallardo and a murcielago coupe (both manual). I took the roadster for a test drive a few weeks ago and found it to be just as capable on the coupe, and I was testing it on the winding roads in southern Italy. True the roadster does loose a bit as far as practicality is concerned, in terms of performance and drivability its every bit as good as the coupe, and even a touch better in driving pleasure if you ask me. As for the convertable top, it is a rather clumsy feature, but its enough to keep the rain out, and I often use my gallardo if conditions are less then perfect anyway. No question about it, if you own any murcielago you will also need a daily driver, so you might as well go for the roadster.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm located in Jersey and i keep the fun toys in Vegas. What I do is my own business.

i'm itching to get a new Murcielago i just dont know which one(yes just one).

·
Registered
59 Posts
If your toys are going to be in Vegas then the choice is clear - get the Roadster! I'm not sure how many are going to be produced each year but they are obviously going to be rare....

Lambo Crazy, it would be great to see your cars - is there a picture?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts