Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What up guys? I am looking to hear feedback from owners that have/had a 991.2 GT3 RS and how it compares to the Perf. I find myself looking more and more at them and waiting for the market to dip for the .2 RS when the 992 RS hits the streets. I have not driven one yet but hoping to in the near future and would love to hear from those that have experience with it since we all love our huracans so much and would give me more confidence coming from a similar profile.

I currently have a 2019 Performante Spyder and 2016 ACR-E (LOVE both dearly). I am looking to add the GT3 RS to my stable and wondering how enjoyable the GT3 RS would be to drive on the streets/canyons while having the other 2 cars too? I find myself driving the Perf 2-3 times a week and the ACR maybe few times a month. I am hoping the GT3 RS could be in the middle of those where I can take out more often then the ACR for more daily type activities around town/spirited drives. No real track time right now but maybe eventually when time frees up.

Do you all think it would be a great addition to the stable? I was hoping to get something for more daily use(not a daily driver but just something to drive more) but I hear the RS is pretty raw and firm ride (but hey, I have a ACR and it’s actually not bad at all).

Thoughts?

·
Registered
217 Posts
The only thing I miss about my GT3 was it's ability to blend in vs. my exotics...I never really realized how much it went unnoticed until stepping into the McLaren/Lambo world where the attention never stops. Driving wise, I don't think you're missing out vs. the perf, although a RWD car is always a bit more fun IMO.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,710 Posts
I owned both a 991.2 3RS and 2RS and they are great cars but regarding the 3RS I felt and feel it was power deficient and the engine note is not all that spectacular. Though, if you intend to use the 3RS as a track monster then is all good because that's its forte. I never owned a Performante but comparing to my EVO the 3RS, to me at least, is a sleeper but that is only my personal opinion. Good luck with your decision!

Reactions: KABoom and bccars

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
21,071 Posts
Had a 991.2 RS for 22 months and put 12k miles on it so I know the car fairly well. Was very excited to get it and after a while I got bored with it. My only regret is that I should have taken the knobs off the Bose stereo before I sold it.
There’s a new strain of COVID you might want to be tested for, KNOBITIS 007.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Nothing overtakes the Performante so I would be more willing to compare with a Acr-r and I wouldn’t swap for a gt3rs
I have a Acr non R that I actually have over the the gt3 RS for a few reasons
Looks and the manual transmission is what put me on over the Porsche with the race-car feel. No to the Porsche

Attachments

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nothing overtakes the Performante so I would be more willing to compare with a Acr-r and I wouldn’t swap for a gt3rs
I have a Acr non R that I actually have over the the gt3 RS for a few reasons
Looks and the manual transmission is what put me on over the Porsche with the race-car feel. No to the Porsche
Beautiful ACR! I wouldn't be replacing my cars - the GT3 RS would be an addition.

Reactions: M7wizkid

·
Registered
282 Posts
Beautiful ACR! I wouldn't be replacing my cars - the GT3 RS would be an addition.
Ohh if you’re fortunate to do that then yeah I can see why I would be persuaded to do that but I would add a 720s in comparison personally.
My ownership of the gt3 when I had it was dull and lasted 7 months. I think at first you’ll like it but if you own a Lamborghini or acr the feel will never equal emotional value. I grew quite bored of mine fast.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ohh if you’re fortunate to do that then yeah I can see why I would be persuaded to do that but I would add a 720s in comparison personally.
My ownership of the gt3 when I had it was dull and lasted 7 months. I think at first you’ll like it but if you own a Lamborghini or acr the feel will never equal emotional value. I grew quite bored of mine fast.
Good to know - I have been hearing that from others as well. Yeah the 720 was on my mind but a bit boring when I drove it. I liked the 600 LT a lot better.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Good to know - I have been hearing that from others as well. Yeah the 720 was on my mind but a bit boring when I drove it. I liked the 600 LT a lot better.
That is also a great option… it’s so tough always choosing after you hit a certain sale price there are so many fun cars and if you already have a Lambo then it’s all blah 😑 haha
You have a hard vehicle to compare with
The Performante to me will always triumph everything and make everything else just kind of eh

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That is also a great option… it’s so tough always choosing after you hit a certain sale price there are so many fun cars and if you already have a Lambo then it’s all blah 😑 haha
You have a hard vehicle to compare with
The Performante to me will always triumph everything and make everything else just kind of eh
The Perf is honestly one of the best cars I have ever driven let alone owned. It is the perfect super car for me. I was just thinking it would be fun to add something else if it sparks a different emotion like the ACR does. I love driving the ACR certain days. The Perf and ACR are so opposite of each other but love them both for very different reasons.

Reactions: tfenton02

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've had a 991.2 gt3rs for a few years now and had a performante for 2 years. I felt like they were too similar and having both of them was pointless. Only reason I'd drive the GT3RS over the Perf was because it "blended in" more. Otherwise the Lambos was the most fun on the road and on track. Only reason I sold it was the seats. My STO is here now though and I made sure to get the sport seats instead of the buckets.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,710 Posts
I guess it’s all perspective but I put close to 4K miles on my 3RS in a couple of months, and I was literally bored to tears. I have owned 3 Huracans' over the past year and the only thing I am sure of, again from my perspective, the 3RS and my current EVO are as different as night and day. In fact, so much so I would not buy back a 3RS at practically any price. Now if you want to throw the 2RS into the mix that was closer to approaching the experience I have with my present EVO but still the EVO wins out in just about every metric that’s important to me.
So, I guess since each car and how we experience them is very individual and personal I would advise an extended test drive if possible and see if you like it. Maybe you want a track focused 3RS, maybe 520hp is enough to satisfy you for its intended purpose but for me, again from my perspective, it was all show and no go. Best of luck with your decision.

Reactions: bccars

·
Registered
48 Posts
If you're looking to do something different, why not get a GT3 Touring. I can't compare it to a Perf, but to a regular H AWD or GT3 RS, it's very different. Sleeper looks, lots of sound, lack of aero makes it more playful....manual....

You didn't specify if track was top priority.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,710 Posts
If you posted that on RL you'd be torn to pieces but here on the Lambo forum it's A-okay.
You know I wish the 3RS had hit the mark because that would have ended my quest but that was the reason I moved up to the 2RS. Although, the 2RS was better still no holy Grail, no brass ring. For me, Lamborghini is the real deal and I am hoping the STO will build upon my positive* experiences with the EVO and continue moving me in the right direction.

*lest I be less than forthcoming, minus the infotainment system

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
21,071 Posts
You know I wish the 3RS had hit the mark because that would have ended my quest but that was the reason I moved up to the 2RS. Although, the 2RS was better still no holy Grail, no brass ring. For me, Lamborghini is the real deal and I am hoping the STO will build upon my positive* experiences with the EVO and continue moving me in the right direction.

*lest I be less than forthcoming, minus the infotainment system
You obviously have had a strong background with high performance Porsche and I appreciate you sharing your opinion as you are speaking from first hand experience. I have a friend with a 3RS and he has never driven or even ridden in an Huracan, yet he continues to send me links that show how amazing his car is and mine not so much. He is a closet wanna be Lamborghinian.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts