Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here is my comparison between my 2019 GT3 RS and 2019 Huracan LP 580-2. For perspective, I put 12k miles on my RS in 22 months and 17k miles on my 580-2 in 28 months.

Accessories: Base stereo is pretty decent in the Huracan. Bose in the RS sucks and I think the base Huracan's is actually better. It’s nice the garage door opener and cruise control came standard in the RS. It costs in the Huracan – which is a joke. Huracan has fold in mirrors, front and rear parking sensors and the RS doesn't. RS back up camera looks like it came from a car 10 years ago and so does the Huracan. I will give the edge to the Huracan because the camera is in the main cluster instead of off to the side like in the RS. Both have front axle lifts and the lift in the RS is the fastest and best in the business. You blink after hitting the button and it's literally already up.

Cabin/Practicality: Huracan has one cup holder (optional - lol) on the passenger side which is very flimsy and not very functional. RS has two ingeniously designed cup holders. In the Huracan there is no center console or storage to speak of. Front trunk is good for a gym bag and a couple of towels. You do have a small shelf behind the seats for some small things. RS cabin space and the room behind the seats practically feels like a small studio apartment in comparison to the Huracan. RS wins hands down here.

Ergonomics: Huracan has a motorcycle style turn signal switch on the steering wheel. It's a bit clumsy at first in operation but you get used to it and now I really like it. I dislike the high beam switch on the steering wheel which is right above the turn signals. I find it small and I'm constantly fumbling to find it which takes several seconds when you need it most. For whatever strange reason the Huracan power windows switches are backwards. Meaning what is supposed to be down is up and vice versa. Drives me nuts - I get it wrong every time. I dislike the functionality of the switches for the climate controls on the RS. They are cheap plastic with a cheap sounding click. Don’t care for all of the blank switches on the center console of the RS. I’ve even seen that on the special edition Turbo S as well. I can easily tell Porsche uses a lot of the same switch gear across their line. I do understand that keeps costs down.

Instruments/Controls: I like the climate controls in the Huracan better. Very simple and in reach and they are rotary knobs. I dislike fumbling for them in the RS and having to click to make adjustments. Huracan has a simple with dials/buttons climate control and I like it better. Instrument cluster I feel in the Huracan is better as well. Let’s face it only 2 of the 5 dials in the RS are worthwhile to look at. Two outer ones you can’t even really see and I never look at the speedo. I watch my speed at the bottom of the tachometer. Huracan has and uses a lot of tech from the Audi MMI system which just plain works.

Ride: I really can't say one is rougher/smoother than the other in town. On highways the RS feels a bit more planted/solid. Whereas, the Huracan feels a bit nervous and twitchy to me. Not saying it's all over the road or unstable. Just the feeling I get is all.

Engine/Sound: They both sound amazing in their own way. It's like trying to choose between Mozart or Beethoven. Some days you might prefer one and some days the other. With that said I have to give it to the Huracan because the noise is a lot more accessible. Also at the end of the day the Huracan is a V10 and the RS is just a six cylinder.

Speed: To me you feel the torque more in the Huracan. So therefore, it feels faster to me. Anyways, as the revs climb in the Huracan it just pulls and keeps winding/screaming/howling up to 8500 rpm with paddles. In sport (automatic mode) the Huracan will shift at 8800 rpm. It just seems to go faster and faster as you approach that redline and it gets more exciting. It hauls a** for sure. I think part of it is it's artificially enhancing your sense of speed because of how visceral/loud it gets as you approach redline. On the other hand, the RS really seems to come alive between 7-9,000 rpm. My butt dyno tells me the Huracan is faster than the RS.

Steering: RS def. better. It's quicker, more precise and better road feel. Huracan not far off at all from the RS.

Transmission: After driving the RS. I would say the Lamborghini LDF (DCT) is a tick off at worst and right there at best with PDK. Others have said the LDF transmission in the Huracan shifts quicker than a Porsche PDK. I don’t think so. However, they both are really good. I do like the big column mounted shift paddles in the Huracan more. They are better than the RS's small steering wheel mounted ones.

Daily Driver: The RS hands down makes for a better daily driver. Mainly because of better overall visibility, cabin room and storage space. Huracan is low and difficult to get in and out of also. For reference I’m 6’2” tall and 190 pounds. I dislike having to crane my neck down to see stoplights, which I don’t have to do in the RS.

Visibility: Huracan has excellent front visibility. Although you still have to crane your neck at stoplights like I mentioned already. Side view mirrors are wide and placed really well. Side mirrors don't have the auto dimming feature like the RS. Since the car sits so low if you have a truck behind you or large SUV at night. In shines glare at you if you look at the mirror in the Huracan. Rear visibility is extremely poor in the Huracan. RS is better there and all the way around in general.

Security: I have more of a sense of security in the Huracan. I believe this has to with the way one is cocooned in the cabin. I feel more vulnerable in the RS if that makes any sense.

Warranty/Service: RS - 4 years/50k miles. Huracan - 3 years/36k miles. Porsche dealers are a lot more ubiquitous than Lambo dealers. Both points weigh in favor of the RS.

Engineering: One simply cannot deny the 50 plus years of improvements in the 911. What they’ve done is remarkable at the end of the day. However, the Huracan is no slouch in this department either because it has benefited greatly from Audi tech and engineering.

Attention: As much attention as my racing yellow RS gets and it does get quite a lot. My Huracan gets more and mine is just a white metallic color (bianco icarus). I’m sure it has to do with the wedge shape of the Huracan. Lambo has made its way into the younger generation through rap videos, superhero movies, social media, young/rich Hollywood stars and more. This perpetuates to the younger generation that Lambo is hip/cool/rebellious and Rockstar like. Porsche in general is seen as boring to most but some models look cool.

Reliability: Both are bulletproof. Huracan has an outstanding track record for reliability as does the RS. Just wish they would have ponied up to a 4-year warranty like Porsche. Everyone says German engineering and Italian design when it comes to the Audi side of Lamborghini. Also, for those who may not know. Lamborghini makes the engine for the Audi R8. Some people think it’s an Audi engine in the Huracan and that’s not true. The Lambo V-10 traces its roots to the mid 80’s.

Miscellaneous: It’s hard to classify what an RS is. Lambo, Ferrari, McLaren are super cars. No question. What is an RS? I consider it a super car in its own right. Most others just see it as a sports car only. Not that it really matters. Just an observation.

Conclusion/Preference: It's like having two hot girlfriends. A sexy Italian brunette and a hot German blonde. Which do you choose? As I said earlier, you might prefer one over the other depending upon your mood. Each has their respective pluses and minuses. I love them both but I give the final nod to Lamborghini all day long. I'm sure there are things I missed and there will be some differing opinions (Lambo2018?) from others. Please chime in and share.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Excellent write up. I have an Evo RWD on order and coming from a .2 GT3. Interested in knowing the differences from your past Huracan to the present.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Love this analysis and my 2 cents for what it is worth....first off I think the GT3 is a beautiful car with the side fenders especially.

But and there is always a but this is more to do with Porsche themselves is the distinction between models is somewhat too muted so that the if you did not know about cars you would assume a GT3 is just a Boxter with a wing (don't kick my butt @RoyalPink ). Also in my neck of the woods, Porsche is a dime a dozen literally.

Again I love the Porsche brand and end of day who gives a sh$t what a regular person thinks but it is there. I just wish they would go a little bit more wild with their higher end model in terms of styling as the drive, the handling of Porsche is second to none. AKA make a super car with styling of the 919 or Vision 916 concept car.

·
Premium Member
273 Posts
I went from an EVO AWD to 2019 RS to a 488 back to Huracan EVO RWD for a daily.

Depending on how your RS might be spec'd I MIGHT disagree on it being the better daily. Ingress/Egress in a RS with the CF buckets is WAY harder than any Huracan seat available. The EVO base stereo took an enormous step backwards in sound and I'd give the nod to the BOSE in that case. The cabin in the RS is larger but the road noise is exponentially worse compared to all coupe Huracans (excluding Perf) due to the lack of sound deadening material. Lastly, if you do a harness bar/cage like most the rear portion is useless and makes the sizing similar.

All that said, the 991 platform RS cars are brilliant and awesome for DD duty.

Reactions: Scrappy

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts

Depending on how your RS might be spec'd I MIGHT disagree on it being the better daily. Ingress/Egress in a RS with the CF buckets is WAY harder than any Huracan seat available. The EVO base stereo took an enormous step backwards in sound and I'd give the nod to the BOSE in that case. The cabin in the RS is larger but the road noise is exponentially worse compared to all coupe Huracans (excluding Perf) due to the lack of sound deadening material. Lastly, if you do a harness bar/cage like most the rear portion is useless and makes the sizing similar.

Dang! I want your life!!!

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

I had the sofas and loved them. I think the LWBs in GT cars are horrible. Issue is they are too upright and forward for me. I felt like someone kept trying to push my head forward. Thus, I would press my head into the back. This in turn gave me a neck ache which then turned into a headache. I don't know how you could track this car without those aftermarket angled seat brackets because your head is pushed even further forward with a helmet on.

580-2 base is better than EVO base stereo. Bose in the RS sucks. I don't blame Bose, I blame Porsche as they only gave them so much money per unit so that's all they had to work with. If you have a harness bar/cage the rear portion is not useless. You can still stuff several soft bags back there and other things. Room advantage RS even with harness/cage.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
2 years with a 991 GT3 was a rougher daily driver than my 580-2. Hitting a pothole made my teeth rattle. Even with FAL active my front lip scraped on everything. Fortunately replacement was $200 and i changed it annually as a wear item. The MPSC2 were borderline undriveable in the wet. The rear view visbility was worse due to huge wing obstructing my view.

Maybe because my GT3 was Guards Red but I received a massive amount of attention. Car Cognoscenti appreciated the GT3 for what it represented.

However the Huracan is an exotic and the GT3 is a sports car. The H is more exhilirating to own. Agree with your other points.

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Rear visibility in the RS was not an issue to me because the wing is much higher placed compared to a GT3. Never really drove in the wet but you are correct about the tires.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
18,758 Posts
That was a great write up, thanks for taking the time to put it together. Really interesting and coming from an owner of both cars made it all very credible.

Reactions: Dee Zed

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,709 Posts
The only flattering thing I can say about the 3RS that I owned was it took good pictures.

• Wow
Reactions: tfenton02

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,709 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Here is my comparison between my 2019 GT3 RS and 2019 Huracan LP 580-2. For perspective, I put 12k miles on my RS in 22 months and 17k miles on my 580-2 in 28 months.

Accessories: Base stereo is pretty decent in the Huracan. Bose in the RS sucks and I think the base Huracan's is actually better. It’s nice the garage door opener and cruise control came standard in the RS. It costs in the Huracan – which is a joke. Huracan has fold in mirrors, front and rear parking sensors and the RS doesn't. RS back up camera looks like it came from a car 10 years ago and so does the Huracan. I will give the edge to the Huracan because the camera is in the main cluster instead of off to the side like in the RS. Both have front axle lifts and the lift in the RS is the fastest and best in the business. You blink after hitting the button and it's literally already up.

Cabin/Practicality: Huracan has one cup holder (optional - lol) on the passenger side which is very flimsy and not very functional. RS has two ingeniously designed cup holders. In the Huracan there is no center console or storage to speak of. Front trunk is good for a gym bag and a couple of towels. You do have a small shelf behind the seats for some small things. RS cabin space and the room behind the seats practically feels like a small studio apartment in comparison to the Huracan. RS wins hands down here.

Ergonomics: Huracan has a motorcycle style turn signal switch on the steering wheel. It's a bit clumsy at first in operation but you get used to it and now I really like it. I dislike the high beam switch on the steering wheel which is right above the turn signals. I find it small and I'm constantly fumbling to find it which takes several seconds when you need it most. For whatever strange reason the Huracan power windows switches are backwards. Meaning what is supposed to be down is up and vice versa. Drives me nuts - I get it wrong every time. I dislike the functionality of the switches for the climate controls on the RS. They are cheap plastic with a cheap sounding click. Don’t care for all of the blank switches on the center console of the RS. I’ve even seen that on the special edition Turbo S as well. I can easily tell Porsche uses a lot of the same switch gear across their line. I do understand that keeps costs down.

Instruments/Controls: I like the climate controls in the Huracan better. Very simple and in reach and they are rotary knobs. I dislike fumbling for them in the RS and having to click to make adjustments. Huracan has a simple with dials/buttons climate control and I like it better. Instrument cluster I feel in the Huracan is better as well. Let’s face it only 2 of the 5 dials in the RS are worthwhile to look at. Two outer ones you can’t even really see and I never look at the speedo. I watch my speed at the bottom of the tachometer. Huracan has and uses a lot of tech from the Audi MMI system which just plain works.

Ride: I really can't say one is rougher/smoother than the other in town. On highways the RS feels a bit more planted/solid. Whereas, the Huracan feels a bit nervous and twitchy to me. Not saying it's all over the road or unstable. Just the feeling I get is all.

Engine/Sound: They both sound amazing in their own way. It's like trying to choose between Mozart or Beethoven. Some days you might prefer one and some days the other. With that said I have to give it to the Huracan because the noise is a lot more accessible. Also at the end of the day the Huracan is a V10 and the RS is just a six cylinder.

Speed: To me you feel the torque more in the Huracan. So therefore, it feels faster to me. Anyways, as the revs climb in the Huracan it just pulls and keeps winding/screaming/howling up to 8500 rpm with paddles. In sport (automatic mode) the Huracan will shift at 8800 rpm. It just seems to go faster and faster as you approach that redline and it gets more exciting. It hauls a** for sure. I think part of it is it's artificially enhancing your sense of speed because of how visceral/loud it gets as you approach redline. On the other hand, the RS really seems to come alive between 7-9,000 rpm. My butt dyno tells me the Huracan is faster than the RS.

Steering: RS def. better. It's quicker, more precise and better road feel. Huracan not far off at all from the RS.

Transmission: After driving the RS. I would say the Lamborghini LDF (DCT) is a tick off at worst and right there at best with PDK. Others have said the LDF transmission in the Huracan shifts quicker than a Porsche PDK. I don’t think so. However, they both are really good. I do like the big column mounted shift paddles in the Huracan more. They are better than the RS's small steering wheel mounted ones.

Daily Driver: The RS hands down makes for a better daily driver. Mainly because of better overall visibility, cabin room and storage space. Huracan is low and difficult to get in and out of also. For reference I’m 6’2” tall and 190 pounds. I dislike having to crane my neck down to see stoplights, which I don’t have to do in the RS.

Visibility: Huracan has excellent front visibility. Although you still have to crane your neck at stoplights like I mentioned already. Side view mirrors are wide and placed really well. Side mirrors don't have the auto dimming feature like the RS. Since the car sits so low if you have a truck behind you or large SUV at night. In shines glare at you if you look at the mirror in the Huracan. Rear visibility is extremely poor in the Huracan. RS is better there and all the way around in general.

Security: I have more of a sense of security in the Huracan. I believe this has to with the way one is cocooned in the cabin. I feel more vulnerable in the RS if that makes any sense.

Warranty/Service: RS - 4 years/50k miles. Huracan - 3 years/36k miles. Porsche dealers are a lot more ubiquitous than Lambo dealers. Both points weigh in favor of the RS.

Engineering: One simply cannot deny the 50 plus years of improvements in the 911. What they’ve done is remarkable at the end of the day. However, the Huracan is no slouch in this department either because it has benefited greatly from Audi tech and engineering.

Attention: As much attention as my racing yellow RS gets and it does get quite a lot. My Huracan gets more and mine is just a white metallic color (bianco icarus). I’m sure it has to do with the wedge shape of the Huracan. Lambo has made its way into the younger generation through rap videos, superhero movies, social media, young/rich Hollywood stars and more. This perpetuates to the younger generation that Lambo is hip/cool/rebellious and Rockstar like. Porsche in general is seen as boring to most but some models look cool.

Reliability: Both are bulletproof. Huracan has an outstanding track record for reliability as does the RS. Just wish they would have ponied up to a 4-year warranty like Porsche. Everyone says German engineering and Italian design when it comes to the Audi side of Lamborghini. Also, for those who may not know. Lamborghini makes the engine for the Audi R8. Some people think it’s an Audi engine in the Huracan and that’s not true. The Lambo V-10 traces its roots to the mid 80’s.

Miscellaneous: It’s hard to classify what an RS is. Lambo, Ferrari, McLaren are super cars. No question. What is an RS? I consider it a super car in its own right. Most others just see it as a sports car only. Not that it really matters. Just an observation.

Conclusion/Preference: It's like having two hot girlfriends. A sexy Italian brunette and a hot German blonde. Which do you choose? As I said earlier, you might prefer one over the other depending upon your mood. Each has their respective pluses and minuses. I love them both but I give the final nod to Lamborghini all day long. I'm sure there are things I missed and there will be some differing opinions (Lambo2018?) from others. Please chime in and share.
thanks so much for this write up...true comparisons like this are one of the most useful things for the rest of us to read, especially when you truly gave a fair & balanced (aka non-CNN/MSNBC) summary--without apparent bias towards your most recent acquisition...which is always so easy to do. i now have an svj, having just traded out of the AVS--i was going to write up a comparison, but wanted to get out of the honeymoon phase first to give a better summary...

1 - 20 of 36 Posts