Lamborghini Talk banner

101 - 120 of 132 Posts

·
Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
2,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
I used to use the same one in green but switched to a microfiber sponge as overtime the mitten got loosey/goosey and it is easier to rinse/clean the sponge for me but looks like you've solved that by getting multiple mitts.
Those mitts fit and work well; they are like and extension of your hand when cleaning the rim.

·
Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
2,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
Thanks my friend for the kind words. We have a good group of of people on this forum and I have learned a lot.;)

·
Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
2,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
I was so impressed with the duster in post #34 I purchased it's bigger brother. This one can extend out 6 ft if needed; it's an effective tool for light dusting. I found this duster at HomeDepot.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,002 Posts
This is a toilet brush with soft brush. It renders my jack stand useless because I can now scrub the wheel well and hard to reach areas without having to take off the tires. It's safe for plastic surface (won't scratch) & made in Japan.

·
Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
2,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
This is a toilet brush with soft brush. It renders my jack stand useless because I can now scrub the wheel well and hard to reach areas without having to take off the tires. It's safe for plastic surface (won't scratch) & made in Japan.
Interesting. You know I think it was Russ that recommended using a toilet brush as well. Personally, I use the EZ Detail Brushes. The "big" is for the wheels and the "mini" is for the exhaust tips.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
2,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
A good light weight vacuum that is useful for cleaning/detailing the inside of your car is the Armor All shop vac. It comes with a decent set of attachments that are useful for car detailing.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,002 Posts
Interesting. You know I think it was Russ that recommended using a toilet brush as well. Personally, I use the EZ Detail Brushes. The "big" is for the wheels and the "mini" is for the exhaust tips.
Yes I think Russ recommended it too. It's funny we get the best use out of a toilet brush!

I'm going to have to check out the EZ Detail brushes. Looks like it can clean both the well and the tires at the same time.

·
Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
2,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
Yes I think Russ recommended it too. It's funny we get the best use out of a toilet brush!

I'm going to have to check out the EZ Detail brushes. Looks like it can clean both the well and the tires at the same time.
Yes the EZ brushes work nicely on the wheel well also.........BTW, is that toilet brush you and Russ are using doing double duty? Yikes I hope not.............. 🤣

·
Premium Member
1,002 Posts
Yes the EZ brushes work nicely on the wheel well also.........BTW, is that toilet brush you and Russ are using doing double duty? Yikes I hope not.............. 🤣
You will be surprised what I did with my old tire brush...I have used it to clean the tiles around the garden, the blinds in the house, and the wall around the entrance. I think I got it to the point that the brush becomes much softer than when it was new. It's soft enough for brushing plastics. Now using this new toilet brush for brushing toilet is actually tempting 🤣 🤣

·
Premium Member
1,002 Posts
A good light weight vacuum that is useful for cleaning/detailing the inside of your car is the Armor All shop vac. It comes with a decent set of attachments that are useful for car detailing.
I'm using a Karcher brand of all purpose vacuum cleaner to clean the inside of the car. It comes with an extension just like the Armor All and has casters. But it's heavy & can never fit into the car. I'm going to check it out.

·
Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
2,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
We all have favorite products we have found, and within that category is Aero Wash and Wax All. This is great for removing bugs after a drive and for people that like to do waterless washes. Personally, I could never bring myself to do a "waterless wash" but for bug removal it works like a charm. One benefit of this product is it leaves a slick wax coating that is pretty amazing and it is compatible with PPFs' as well.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
2,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #115
for wheels ive been using one of these generic boar hair detailing brush you can get off ebay for cheap.

View attachment 289122
Those are very nice especially with the plastic sleeve around the Boars hair to prevent scratches. I use similar sets I reserve one for the wheel rims and one for the painted surfaces getting in all the tighter spaces. As you clearly know the MF mitts just don't do much for the tight spaces to include the mirror/headlights/taillights/window/windshield/etc. edges. Thanks for sharing!

Attachments

Reactions: Kai

·
Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
2,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #116
My fellow travelers I have to relate my experience with the the tool I mentioned in prior post and reposted here. Buy it, it's incredible I use it nightly and the Huracan is clean/dust free. In fact, It's been two months since the last wash and wax and I told my wife we need to clean the Huracan Saturday until we went and looked it over......it looks immaculate. So I recommended the "raccoon" on a stick, and now I highly recommend it. Be aware, this is not like the California dusters that could potentially scratch the paint this is as impactful on the paint as a feather would be. So I will NOT be doing my monthly +/- wash and wax this Saturday......This tool affects the car and car paint in important ways one contact cleaning is needed less frequently and hence the paint will not have to be either washed/power washed as often and that will mean less potential for swirl marks/paint damage.
Both inexpensive and highly efficacious.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
2,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
I am looking for a quality very accurate Tire Inflator with a Digital Pressure Gauge I have been using a Tuisy but lately the accuracy is not acceptable.

·
Premium Member
1,002 Posts
My fellow travelers I have to relate my experience with the the tool I mentioned in prior post and reposted here. Buy it, it's incredible I use it nightly and the Huracan is clean/dust free. In fact, It's been two months since the last wash and wax and I told my wife we need to clean the Huracan Saturday until we went and looked it over......it looks immaculate. So I recommended the "raccoon" on a stick, and now I highly recommend it. Be aware, this is not like the California dusters that could potentially scratch the paint this is as impactful on the paint as a feather would be. So I will NOT be doing my monthly +/- wash and wax this Saturday......This tool affects the car and car paint in important ways one contact cleaning is needed less frequently and hence the paint will not have to be either washed/power washed as often and that will mean less potential for swirl marks/paint damage.
Both inexpensive and highly efficacious.
I need to look at yours. Mine has the same size but it's made of ostrich hairs. The last time I picked up big dusters was like 7 years ago for my Porsche. I am not dare enough to use the ostrich on the Huracan because I think it can potentially scratch the coating. I need to checkout the raccoon.

·
Premium Member
1,002 Posts

·
Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
2,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #120
The best & most accurate gauge in the world. It's Japanese made. About $1500. Expensive but will last forever.

In English:

Pamphlet in Japanese:
Thanks my friend but I am looking for something a little less pricey but accurate. I am sure that would be wildly accurate but I may have to remortgage my home to buy it. 🤣 I tend to reside on the side of frugality but I also understand you get what you pay for.........at least most of the time.

101 - 120 of 132 Posts