Lamborghini Talk banner

61 - 80 of 86 Posts

Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
Discussion Starter #61
BTW, here is how I protected the engine bay; used large towels and clear plastic over the towels. The combo of towels and plastic sheets worked like a charm. Today I christened the Huracan with its second wash.
Take a look at the first picture (red arrow) it's the wife in her Trump hat and if the neighbors have a problem well then they have a problem. 馃槀

Attachments

Premium Member
BTW, here is how I protected the engine bay; used large towels and clear plastic over the towels. The combo of towels and plastic sheets worked like a charm. Today I christened the Huracan with its second wash.
Take a look at the first picture (red arrow) it's the wife in her Trump hat and if the neighbors have a problem well then they have a problem. 馃槀

I see you use two buckets method! Very cool (y)

You can drive the red Huracan with the Trump hat & maybe put a magnet lettering on the car to the rally - if Trump joined for a pic, you have a perfect photo for the garage:D

Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
Discussion Starter #64
I see you use two buckets method! Very cool (y)

You can drive the red Huracan with the Trump hat & maybe put a magnet lettering on the car to the rally - if Trump joined for a pic, you have a perfect photo for the garage:D
I fear if I took my Red Huracan to a Trump Rally with my wife wearing her Red Trump hat by the time we leave the the event the anti-Trump minions would make it look like a Red Raisin.

BTW, it's actually 4 Buckets: wheels, wash, rinse and the small red bucket I go around and scrub all the crevices with a dedicated detailing brush.

Attachments

Premium Member
I fear if I took my Red Huracan to a Trump Rally with my wife wearing her Red Trump hat by the time we leave the the event the anti-Trump minions would make it look like a Red Raisin.

BTW, it's actually 4 Buckets: wheels, wash, rinse and the small red bucket I go around and scrub all the crevices with a dedicated detailing brush.
Now that is a lot of buckets! I may try that next I'm sure nobody will notice a couple of missing buckets from the house :ROFLMAO:

Aye, red raisins, definitely not good idea 馃槼

Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
Discussion Starter #66
I noticed this black discoloration of the front passenger caliper yesterday and routine cleaning did not remove it (see photo). Is there something that is safe and effective that would not require wheel removal to use? BTW, that is a product you have used/tested and that works without damaging the brake caliper surface. I have acid Meguiars wheel brightener but have not tried it yet.

Attachments

Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
Discussion Starter #67
Can any forum member recommend a quality portable car detailing canopy that is relatively easy to setup?

Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
I noticed this black discoloration of the front passenger caliper yesterday and routine cleaning did not remove it (see photo). Is there something that is safe and effective that would not require wheel removal to use? BTW, that is a product you have used/tested and that works without damaging the brake caliper surface. I have acid Meguiars wheel brightener but have not tried it yet.
Have you tried good old fashioned rubbing compound? I keep a canon turtle wax rubbing compound available for anything that regular wax me won鈥檛 take off and it works like a charm then you access normal.

Premium Member
I have this for detailing my car. It takes 10 minutes both to put it up and take it down.

Premium Member
That鈥檚 Crown Shades on Amazon. $125.00 shipped.

Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
Discussion Starter #71
Thanks Russ! Do you have to anchor it down to avoid wind issues? Will this be good for a driveway that is on an upward incline, that is, not perfectly flat?

Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
Discussion Starter #72
Have you tried good old fashioned rubbing compound? I keep a canon turtle wax rubbing compound available for anything that regular wax me won鈥檛 take off and it works like a charm then you access normal.
No Russ I haven't; thanks. I may give that a whorl if all else fails.

Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
Discussion Starter #73
Here is a useful item that I bought 3 years ago to help when cleaning my wheels and to keep my wheel cleaning brushes/MF towels organized and readily accessible. It's the "Bucket Boss Wash Bucket Organizer" (see attached), but be advised, the post-COVID pricing is a bit higher. I bought this on Amazon 3 years ago for $18.29.

Attachments

Premium Member
Here is a useful item that I bought 3 years ago to help when cleaning my wheels and to keep my wheel cleaning brushes/MF towels organized and readily accessible. It's the "Bucket Boss Wash Bucket Organizer" (see attached), but be advised, the post-COVID pricing is a bit higher. I bought this on Amazon 3 years ago for $18.29.
It's much better than putting everything inside the bucket! and it looks cute too (y) I'll have to see if it fits a square bucket.

Premium Member
BTW, did you ever get the smudge off of your caliper?

Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
Discussion Starter #77 (Edited)
BTW, did you ever get the smudge off of your caliper?
I was going to tackle that the next wash......thanks for asking.

@Sakura and @surfah it really works well when cleaning the car by keeping everything nicely organized. Typically I dip the brush in the bucket to get it soapy then clean the wheel and then before placing it back in a side pocket I then spray the brush with my power washer to get any possible grit off then I place the brush back in the side pocket. That routine keeps the water clean in the wheel bucket and avoids cross contaminating the brushes with road debris.

Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
Discussion Starter #78
It's much better than putting everything inside the bucket! and it looks cute too (y) I'll have to see if it fits a square bucket.
The round 5 gallon buckets are real cheap in stores like HomeDepot and Lowe's (~ $3.98).

Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
Discussion Starter #79
I found these microfiber gloves to use when working on the paint. I had been using HomeDepot garden gloves but these are softer and kinder to the paint. I do not use them in lieu of a MF towel but use them on my hands while polishing with a MF towel. They are washer machine friendly as well. They cost $6.99 a pair and shipping is around $6.00 so I bought 3 pairs for two reasons one because I needed that many and secondly because it makes the shipping charge less egregious. They are also great to leave in the frunk with your portable clean up kit that we all carry when going to car shows.

Attachments

Premium Member
Portable washing machine! to wash all the towels etc. I use this for expensive thick towels. Other cheap towels such as wallmart ones, I always use new & throw out used. I'm not sure who made it, so I included a photo of the back label.

And when it's in action:

61 - 80 of 86 Posts