Lamborghini Talk banner
21 - 40 of 167 Posts
A lot of good product recommendations. Once you have c-coating and PPF, just some basic tools that are good for any washing that will cut down on time and aggrivation are: No Spots Pro, Master Blaster, and some Detail Guardz. If these have already been mentioned, I apologize for my lack of searching skills!

Discussion starter · #22 ·
A lot of good product recommendations. Once you have c-coating and PPF, just some basic tools that are good for any washing that will cut down on time and aggrivation are: No Spots Pro, Master Blaster, and some Detail Guardz. If these have already been mentioned, I apologize for my lack of searching skills!
I have heard many good things about the master blaster, though, I prefer to use a leaf blower.......which works fine for me.

I have heard many good things about the master blaster, though, I prefer to use a leaf blower.......which works fine for me.

Yes, leaf blower. I use a small handy leaf blower made by Hitachi FRB40VA. It's lightweight, simple blow speed adjustable, powerful, and durable. I bought it in 2014 and it's still going strong like new. You just need to replace two coils every 3 years (coil is sold everywhere and replacing them only takes 30 secs - open two screws, literally just stuff both in, close crews, done).

Discussion starter · #26 ·
Yes, leaf blower. I use a small handy leaf blower made by Hitachi FRB40VA. It's lightweight, simple blow speed adjustable, powerful, and durable. I bought it in 2014 and it's still going strong like new. You just need to replace two coils every 3 years (coil is sold everywhere and replacing them only takes 30 secs - open two screws, literally just stuff both in, close crews, done).

View attachment 287049
Looks good is that still available? Tried to search online but not much luck.

Discussion starter · #29 ·
I am not this crazy..... 😂

Discussion starter · #30 · (Edited)
Heads up for people with sloped driveway that want to move their wash/rinse buckets around the car as you wash it and not have them run away down the driveway. The bucket buddy is a great option. I will post gadgets from time to time that are helpful and hopefully other forum members can post useful gadgets they have discovered to make our collective hobby more enjoyable.

Attachments

Discussion starter · #31 ·
I found this detailing cart that looks very useful. I already have a cart but I am tempted.

I found this detailing cart that looks very useful. I already have a cart but I am tempted.

Looks like a nice cart to haul around. I'm looking for smaller one because I usually just stuff everything in a bucket, very disorganized.

Discussion starter · #34 ·
In another thread I recommended the use of the duster (pictured below) but it probably belongs here. I generally am opposed to dusters but this one is so soft, low impact, and I found it to be useful. I first came across this duster after watching a video by Scott (Dallas Paint Corrections), and then went and bought one from Bed, Bath and Beyond.

Attachments

Heads up for people with sloped driveway that want to move their wash/rinse buckets around the car as you wash it and not have them run away down the driveway. The bucket buddy is a great option. I will post gadgets from time to time that are helpful and hopefully other forum members can post useful gadgets they have discovered to make our collective hobby more enjoyable.
Very handy. I want one since I always do the 2-bucket wash method.

Discussion starter · #37 ·
I found this headlamp by Scangrip Lighting about 2 years ago that is very helpful when detailing the interior of the car. The interior detailing was always challenging because of the poorly illuminated dark colored interiors that we find in sports cars. It has two levels of brightness and it can be turned on and off either with a button or you can turn the light on and off with a wave of your hand (light sensor). It's rechargeable and has excellent battery life.

Attachments

I use a swifter Duster on my rims to collect the brake dust. Works really well.

Discussion starter · #39 ·
I use a swifter Duster on my rims to collect the brake dust. Works really well.
View attachment 287865
Interesting suggestion. Are you concerned about producing micro scratches on the rims or are you careful to use minimal pressure? Generally I wait to clean the rims when I am doing a complete wash. Of course, as we all do, I clean the wheels/rims first to completion then going on to wash the rest of the car.

Footwear is also important when washing the car to prevent slipping & injury. I always wear sandals when detailing my cars. My first was Nike Solarsoft sandals (sole was too soft - made in China), then Nike beach sandal (sole was too hard, tripped & almost broke my ankle - made in China) and the latest Birkenstock classic Arizona (just perfect, very comfortable- made in Germany).

21 - 40 of 167 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.