Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
Discussion Starter #1
Along the way we have all found car detailing tools and products that work really well and I think it could be useful to many of the members on this forum if we gave one another tips/suggestions of cool tools/products that are effective and time savers.
Also are there car detailing tools/products that you have bought that are not all that great and that are to be avoided?

Registered
Costco microfibers are good quality and a great deal. A 36 pack is usually around $15! Meguiars Gold Class car soap works great for me (saffron colored). I really like Meguiars leather cleaner that comes in a black bottle. Using a clean leaf blower to dry the car really helps reduce swirls. I try to wash the car very little to avoid water getting into places you can't dry like the engine. The car stays perfectly clean because I use a spray "quick detailer" from Meguiars after almost every drive. This sounds like a Meguiars commercial I'm sure, their products have worked for me and I have tried a lot. I look forward to hearing from others.

Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
Discussion Starter #3
Costco microfibers are good quality and a great deal. A 36 pack is usually around $15! Meguiars Gold Class car soap works great for me (saffron colored). I really like Meguiars leather cleaner that comes in a black bottle. Using a clean leaf blower to dry the car really helps reduce swirls. I try to wash the car very little to avoid water getting into places you can't dry like the engine. The car stays perfectly clean because I use a spray "quick detailer" from Meguiars after almost every drive. This sounds like a Meguiars commercial I'm sure, their products have worked for me and I have tried a lot. I look forward to hearing from others.
Sounds good I also have quite a few Meguiars products, in fact, I like Meguiars car care products best of all. Is it the Lamborghini engines that are water averse or is it an issue with the Murci?

Registered
My H is ceramic coated and I never drive in the rain so I only need to wash every 2-3 months. I also like using Meguiar's products including Ultimate Wash and Wax, Rich Leather Wipes and Supreme Shine Protectant Wipes. I like wipes out of convenience. If I were more particular I would use microfiber towels.

Use Sonax Alcantara cleaner.

Rinse with very slow stream of water via RV/Marine Water Filter attached to garden hose. The water/soap easily beads off with low pressure rinse.

Use McKee's Turbo Car Dryer which has 6.5 HP for easy, no contact drying.

Registered
Sounds good I also have quite a few Meguiars products, in fact, I like Meguiars car care products best of all. Is it the Lamborghini engines that are water averse or is it an issue with the Murci?
Water in the engine bay of any car is not ideal in my mind. There was a recall early on for some Murci's, water could get into the plugs I believe. This is no longer an issue but water can still cause damage to any engine in other places.

Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
Discussion Starter #6
I created a car detailing thread on the 718Forum. I have since replaced the Sunjoe with the Kranzle power washer, though the Sunjoe was good enough. I also purchased an MTM PF22 now PF22.2 foam cannon which I like a lot.

Also very impressed with the Aero Wash and Wax All.......

Registered
At the risk of sounding like advertising for Griot's Garage: I really like their Spray-On Car Wash. I use it with their PFM Terry Weave Towels and in 15 minutes my Huracan is clean, shiny, and smelling great! No water, soap, hose, drying, ..., and I can do all that inside my garage, rain or shine!

Premium Member
All my tools are either German made Hazhet or Japanese KTC. They are the best in tooling business IMO. Also, all my cabinets and racks are from Japanese Trusco. And, my floor jack is from the famous Japanese Nagasaki jack.

I avoid mostly any tools made in China because they are not precise, is not well made & can cause potential injury even death. For example, a simple set of Chinese socket wrench leaks plenty of oils & some of their sockets aren鈥檛 precise (their M4 is either a tad too small or too big). Another example is, their aluminum jack stands do not have proper weight distribution that can cause one end to crumple & kill you if you are under the car.

Also, I am now buying my stuff directly from the tools dealer. I avoid Amazon because their tools sometimes come like used (I think it鈥檚 because of their return policy and restocking) and most of their deceitful sellers reside in China. I ordered few set of tools in the past & they either came with scratches & looked used. Caveat emptor.

Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
Discussion Starter #9
I avoid Amazon because their tools sometimes come like used (I think it鈥檚 because of their return policy and restocking) and most of their deceitful sellers reside in China. I ordered few set of tools in the past & they either came with scratches & looked used. Caveat emptor.
Why does that not surprise me........

Registered
I've been geeking out on Adam's polishes entire line. Love the way the stuff goes on, how it smells, their training and coaching. Cool company culture.

Their wheel cleaner is black magic too. Turns your brake dust purple on contact and scrubs right off.

Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
Discussion Starter #11
I've been geeking out on Adam's polishes entire line. Love the way the stuff goes on, how it smells, their training and coaching. Cool company culture.

Their wheel cleaner is black magic too. Turns your brake dust purple on contact and scrubs right off.
Is this the wheel cleaner you are referring to?

Registered
Tools....A inexpensive disposable (and new LOL) foam headed toilet (sorry) brush to clean in between the wheel spokes and reach the rim barrels.

There can be many to list, including a chair to sit on while doing the vehicle sides, but that brush is my favorite.

Have fun, detailing is therapeutic :)

Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
Discussion Starter #13
Many of you probably have chairs you like but the Griot's detailing chair is very nice. I saw this chair being used by Matt from Obsessed Garage and I bought not one but two.......that way I don't have to wheel the chair all the way..........around............the car. Oh, BTW, get the cushion and the extra cup holders.......the cushion is a real good idea especially if you don't come equipped with built in padding.

Attachments

Premium Member
Many of you probably have chairs you like but the Griot's detailing chair is very nice. I saw this chair being used by Matt from Obsessed Garage and I bought not one but two.......that way I don't have to wheel the chair all the way..........around............the car. Oh, BTW, get the cushion and the extra cup holders.......the cushion is a real good idea especially if you don't come equipped with built in padding.
OK...I want that :D

My butts and knees are always feeling soar after a long detailing. This is going to be very helpful. Thanks for the photos!

Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
Discussion Starter #15
OK...I want that :D

My butts and knees are always feeling soar after a long detailing. This is going to be very helpful. Thanks for the photos!
@Sakura, BTW, do you know a good book you could recommend on the Lamborghini Huracan that can get me up to speed? I ordered this book (see link) but I am not sure how good it is.

Premium Member
@Sakura, BTW, do you know a good book you could recommend on the Lamborghini Huracan that can get me up to speed? I ordered this book (see link) but I am not sure how good it is.

There is this collectible DNA book from Lamborghini:

It is gold plated book that tells all the history of Lamborghini including Huracan. It's "only" about 13000 Euros :D

Other than that, there is not much info about Lamborghini except from the magazines and car catalogs that quotes the same info over and over again.

Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
Discussion Starter #17
There is this collectible DNA book from Lamborghini:

It is gold plated book that tells all the history of Lamborghini including Huracan. It's "only" about 13000 Euros :D
Oh, great maybe I will order a few copies and hand them out at Christmas:rolleyes:.....Can I lease it???馃 At that price it's not likely I will get up to speed..............

Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Yes, that is the stuff - way cool!
Do you need to dilute this before use or is it used straight? I see that when reacts with wheel brake dust it turns purple, does that stain the concrete?

Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
Discussion Starter #20

Well the book arrived and it is beyond pathetic. It's going back to Amazon post haste.

1 - 20 of 93 Posts